Avia disc setup

etrigan
etrigan Posts: 160
Hey all!
I just recently received my Avia dvd,but have not had the time to use it yet :(
could anyone plz tell me apx. how long it takes to properly calibrate just the video (tv) portion of my set up?
also,any tips or tricks to using the disc ?
I am sure there are many more of u that are more familiar with the disc than myself :o
and would appreciate any and all help - thanx!

CHEERS! jefff
Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.
Post edited by etrigan on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited May 2002
    I have the VE disc and it is more of a learning process the first time. It took me about 1.5 hours to digest all the info and learn the cal process. But after you learn --You can go straight to the cal screens and setup in about 10 min's. I also enjoyed the sound cal process also. Have Fun! ;)
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    i went through the video calibrations in under an hour. only did it once, i thought it was pretty easy. i feel the audio calibrations are more useful than the video. if you're an HT newbie, i would suggest giving the whole disc a spin, very informative for the beginner....
  • etrigan
    edited May 2002
    thx 2 u both!

I will certainly go thru the whole disc,
    just wan't 2 set up the monitor at first,not really happy w/the way it looks (I lowered the contrast and brightness really low for now,as to not cause damage) and the color and sharpness and tint are not where they should be. audio is next-am happy the way it sounds now,but i know once I tweak it,it will sound soooo much better! :D

just worried about monitor damage,and looking at a brighter screen (not so muddy) for the moment.

just not enough hours in the day! :( - can't even watch a movie :supermad:

CHEERS! jefff
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited May 2002
    The test disc's are very usefull.I have learned much from them.The Avia is a good one, I like Video essentials.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2002
    Just sit back and let the boys talk you thru "everything" before you calibrate "anything". That way, you get the most out of the disk and understand what and why you are doing. AVIA is excellent.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • etrigan
    edited May 2002
    Thanx all !

CHEERS! jefff