Veri Fi SnubWay......don't listen to music, experience it!

Options
treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,597
Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum.....I am in awe at what this thing does. I'm not gonna get into a long, drawn out review of this thing.

I'm just gonna come right out and say it. You need to order one. Like, now. Right now. Every one of you.

If you want a slice of audio heaven here on Earth? Here it is. I have had a lot of "Wow!" moments in the past couple of years along my audio journey but I don't recall something that made such a profound impact on the end result as to what hits your ears.

Here is the kicker. It doesn't cost tens of thousands of dollars. It isn't even north of a grand. I believe I spent 3 Benjamin's on it.

PROFOUND difference.

I had it out in the LR last night and was impressed enough to move it into the audio room. Glad like heck I did. It instantly got better last night, after the move.....but when I got home today?

Holy Smokes Batman!!!!! I am sitting here in awe at what am experiencing. I am no longer listening, I am truly experiencing the music in a way that just draws you into the music. So much more musical......so, so much more.

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,735
    Options
    How good can it really be if it only costs $300? Get back to me when it costs $3,999 and comes with a cryo treated Synergistic Research Pink fuse.

Then, and only then, I MIGHT be interested.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,262
    Options
    Quantum charged, 10k!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,735
    Options
    No graphene, no sale.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,799
    Options
    Interesting, Tom.

You've tried other noise filters and harvesters before, I think. This one really makes that much of a difference where others didn't really do anything?

I've tried a couple of different ones. No discernable difference.

Genuinely curious.
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    Options
    I have an iFi A/C conditioner, 3 PS Audio noise harvesters and 5 Purons. Of all of these, the Purons had the top spot. The iFi was barely noticeable, the three PS Audio noise harvesters did an "okay" job. The Purons rocked my world.

This thing is on a whole other stratosphere.

All of the other devices address the electrical signal and power. This SnubWay directly attacks the noise. The noise from TV's, monitors, switching mode power supplies, computers, etc., all of which leak noise back into the mains.

I thought I had addressed losing as much noise as I possibly could but apparently, they was still much more noise on the circuit. Only one unit was purchased and honestly, based upon what I am hearing? I don't think another one would help.

The SnubWay literally affected everything within the music. Most all songs sound different now. Even songs I have heard hundreds of times sound different and the placement of everything is just about damn near perfect. It offers a very 3D sound with layering and depth to die for.

Funy thing is, it's the same system, for I have done nothing to it in about 2 months. All it did was take away the noise. This sounds like a completely different system. A much more musical system with an ease and fluidity that just makes you not want to stop the music.

I'll put to you this way. Now that I have heard what it does? If the price was 4K, I would still buy it. It really is that profound.

Listening to Symbolico was akin to an out of body experience and as I sat listening, I was......very simply put? Amazed.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    Options
    Do you still have the other noise reduction devices in place, as well, or only the SnubWay now?
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    Options
    All of them are still on the circuit. Only the Puron's and the SnubWay are in the listening room though.

I was thinking about removing the others (not the Puron's) but it sounds so damned good right now, I don't want to touch a thing. It's kind of like a, "don't fix what ain't broke" thing.

Tom
  • msg
    Options
    I'd be interested to know whether there's any difference without the others and only the SnubWay, if you can risk a disruption in The Force.

Completely understandable if you prefer not. The obvious reason being that most of us don't have any other additive noise removal devices.
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    Options
    I might consider doing that one weekend. The Purons are staying though, as well as the noise reducing things in the streaming setup.

Only the PS Audio noise harvesters and the iFi A/C line conditioner would go. Everything else is a "must have" for the streaming setup and getting every last ounce of noise out of that source.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    Yes sir.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    So, I will say this and then sign off for tonight. I listened for 6 hours straight after work, only getting up to enjoy an occasional smoke and refill the adult drink (which greatly decreased).

I would go in and sit down. What seemed like maybe 10 minutes turned into 1.5 to 2.5 hour listening sessions without me leaving the sweet spot.

Everything, and I do mean everything sounds so clean and musical. One great aspect is that the lowest of registers take on a whole other level of definition, note deliniation, space and texture. The smoothness and visceral impact really does bring you closer to live music being played in front of you.....versus a musical reproduction.

Less offers more. In this case? A whole lot more.

Have good night, ladies and gentlemen. 'Till the next episode...

Tom
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,995
    Options
    If I saw that they had a decent return policy I would be all over this, but I wonder if my system is detailed enough to reap the benefits?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • muncybob
    Options
    I guess I should have read the return policy before posting. They do offer a 30 day return for full refund and even will pay the return shipping......hmmmm.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • treitz3
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »
    If I saw that they had a decent return policy I would be all over this, but I wonder if my system is detailed enough to reap the benefits?

I would imagine ANY system would reap the benefits of this unit. I finally hooked back up the vinyl setup last night and was surprised at how it even sounded. Granted, I added a Snake River PC to the phono-pre, as well as a periphery ring but I do not remember vinyl ever sounding this good on my rig before.

I could tell how much more quiet is was, even though I hadn't heard in it a while.

All this thing really does is remove noise that rides your circuit. Even though I had eliminated all of the SMPS's on the circuit and replaced them with LPS's, along with the aforementioned noise products, I thought I had addressed everything. Apparently LED power supplies, cell phone chargers and other items still leak noise into the circuit......and that A/C noise may very well be coming from another circuit as well (at the panel), since it's all connected.

Apparently, it takes about a day to really start to work it's magic and I definitely do not need to strain at all to hear the difference. Heck, you can even feel the difference. the lower registers are tight with excellent visceral impact.

I would imagine that this would do wonders on even a basic system, based upon what I have experienced with it so far. I definitely give this product an enthusiastic 2 thumbs up for what it does.

Tom

• treitz3
    edited June 30
    Options
    So, here it is.....6:00 in the morning. Still can't peel myself away from the sweet spot. The sounds are incredible.

I'm not saying that you will transform your system into something it isn't or could never be but....damn. For the price of this product and what it has done to my system and the end result as to what hits your ears? It is a no brainer and honestly? I personally think every system out there should have this as basic gear.

Now, I cannot speak to every system out there but this is a game changer for me and my system. It put everything I have done thusfar into my rig and catapulted it to the next level....like, into the music. Not the reproduction.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    Storms in the area may have me shutting the system down shortly but I have been listening since yesterday afternoon. That's a strong testament.

There may have been 3 songs during that time that sounded worse. The rest? InF'ncredble....

The sound scape is awesome. Speakers are gone *poof*

My son came in today and mentioned the same thing. He stated that it does not sound the same (much better with no boundries on the speakers).....and he could care less about music.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    If only the system would reproduce thunder realistically....LOL

Kind of makes the whole thing of "real sound" seem silly. Mother nature shows us that us audiophools are simpletons at the end of the day.

Tom
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,018
    Options
    Yep
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• muncybob
    Options
    Yea, I though the same thing when storms rolled through here yesterday and this morning. Nothing like the real thing baby!
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 706
    Options
    There was one occasion when I put on the Black Sabbath debut album (record) and my daughter thought it started raining out because of the opening track. At least, until the music started. I think it's difficult to convince yourself that it sounds realistic if you put the album on, but in my daughter's case she didn't see me put the album on and thought it was real.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |