Appliance Motor Repair?

Options
13»

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,763
    Options
    That's a static photo, not a video. I don't think it's going to reveal any leaks.
    I disabled signatures.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,326
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    That's a static photo, not a video. I don't think it's going to reveal any leaks.

I watched it through a whole cycle smart ar$e. It's good to go, and my back is going to hate me tonight.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,715
    Options
    Ya'll should be hand washing anyway, builds character. And put some elbow grease into it!
  • billbillw
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Ya'll should be hand washing anyway, builds character. And put some elbow grease into it!

I only use the machine for sanitizing my tableware. Everything else is hand washed. My hands are always cracked in the winter from cooking.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,797
    Options

And it's fun for the whole family!

ucqgpha8w0aw.jpg
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,983
    Options
    Hand washing uses way too much water compared to a dishwasher… takes too long… and… it’s not fun for the whole family! 👎
    Alea jacta est!
  • Viking64
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    Hand washing uses way too much water compared to a dishwasher… takes too long… and… it’s not fun for the whole family! 👎

1) Battleship is a whole ocean of water.

2) Washing dishes needs to last as long as a game of Battleship.

3) Only half of the family matters.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,810
    Options

I did that all my life, until my mother passed and I bought the family house. I even did it for three months after that, then I said to self, eff this nonsense...LOAD the dang dishwasher, hey what do you know my water usage went down.
    Nuff said!
  • msg
    Options
    Me in third grade while washing the dishes: "Mom, we should get a dishwasher."
    Mom: "I've got one."

I don't mind washing dishes by hand, but it's really only fun/efficient using the two-sink method. Gotta have good sponges and surfactants, though.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Kex
    edited June 24
    Options
    How many kids ya got, bro? 🤔

When we have people over, there are frequently eight or so present. Usually four courses. Change of plates… side plates… change of cutlery for each course… three wine glasses minimum per person… plus a water glass… 😳

Also, crystal glasses can break easily, so the dishwasher is my preferred method for those too.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Viking64
    Options
    8 men x 3 wine glasses each? That's 24 wine glasses. :o
  • Kex
    Options
    Well yeah… ya gotta start with the Champagne dude! 🥂

Then there’s the white wine with the starters, followed by the red wine 🍷 with the main course, and another red wine with the cheese course 🧀 🍷 “à la française”. Frequently, we’ll add a desert wine too, so more glasses! 😱

BTW, we also entertain womenfolk, so not just men! 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • msg
    Options
    I think I might be outta place at one of your shindigs, man, showin' up with a handful of Slimjims, spray cheese, Zestas, and a slightly opened box of Franzia.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Kex
    Options
    We’d help you fit in no bother! 😂

You just have to go with the flow and embrace the moment. Once the Franzia is poured into one of the crystal glasses, nobody will know! 😜
    Alea jacta est!
  • billbillw
    edited June 25
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    How many kids ya got, bro? 🤔

When we have people over, there are frequently eight or so present. Usually four courses. Change of plates… side plates… change of cutlery for each course… three wine glasses minimum per person… plus a water glass… 😳

Also, crystal glasses can break easily, so the dishwasher is my preferred method for those too.
    The servants can make quick work of all those dishes.

Seriously though, I'd have to run the dishwasher after maybe two courses. Mine doesn't fit 8x4 dishes and glasses combined, not to mention, I don't have that much dinnerware.
    Luckily, these days, I am usually only cooking for 3 or 4 at most.
    Post edited by billbillw on
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,074
    Options
    I haven't hand washed dishes for over 30 years as I can always think of far more important tasks that need to be done. I also can't ever remember anything coming out of the dishwasher that needed a second wash or handwashing.
    One thing I discovered recently that works very well is dishwasher cleaning pods. They only come in packages of 3 and they're a bit pricey but they're worth it. The dishwasher smells nice for a couple weeks afterwards.