Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,296
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    upzhe3bclb6c.jpeg

We had an across the street neighbor when we lived in Milpitas whom I called The Wizard*.
    He was a tinkerer with skills (for lack of a better word) the likes of which I've never seen.
    He did some car work for me on my 1984 Chevy Cavalier 'fastback' ;) -- I'll tell about some of those antics some time.
    I never looked at his back yard, but I suspect it was just like that. :#

Options
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    zesbi9623h2y.png

(hifihaven) -- we may have done this one before, but in case we haven't, I'd opine that this is worthy.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,277
    edited June 19
    Options
    Post edited by OleBoot on
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,392
    Options
    Oleboot I gave you an "Awesome" based upon your past posting history.

"....." ?

Whatever it was, it had to have been double good.
    🤗🤗
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Sunrise in Delaware -- almost to the Del Mem Bridge and the wilds of New Jersey - Early on the morning of 18Jun2024. :) Photo taken on the fly by Mrs. H as we headed home from VA yesterday.
    c7lof5ycvdt5.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,809
    Options
    Your wife can fly AND take pictures?? Who knew? That is impressive!!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Those of you/us who pass through Waterbury, CT on lovely :# I-84 eastbound have probably noticed the art/construction advisory apparition that Mrs. H and I like to call Traffic Cone Guy.
    If not, here he is (or here they are, as the case may be).
    53802126362_658b26fe39_b.jpg

Mrs. H's cell-phone photo is in the form of some sort of "motion" jpg from which I cannot figure out how to abstract a single frame. That image is the last frame of the file, which is almost past TCG and doesn't quite do him justice!
    Here's a screenshot from Googlemaps from 2022. TCG's been there for a while. :)
    to2r07dv5k51.png

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,567
    Options
    The Chinese have lane changing on a whole other level....

It's what they do. I like that aspect of technology. Too many red flags in the states.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,762
    Options
    szwtj9f84juq.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    29ges1soyewu.png
    (hifihaven) -- we may have done this one before, but in case we haven't, I'd opine that this is worthy.
    I must challenge the validity of this data, sir. I believe it to be stale. Is hifihaven your citation source? Some would argue that it has actuallyyyyy (yes, that guy) been 24103873532 days.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,728
    edited June 20
    Options
    tf9jqwfkcbu3.jpeg

Back to the tiny photos?

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,797
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Back to the tiny photos?

enwdvsrcp1tx.jpg
  • msg
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    tf9jqwfkcbu3.jpeg

Back to the tiny photos?
    Or is it back to actual size photos instead of upscaling everything?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    t3xsxtg2ddg9.jpg
    What was this person doing?

I'm trying to remember the last time I had to make up a story that, at the time, I probably thought was genius, but looking back now, can see that it would have been an obvious lie, despite my incredible performances. Like the time I accidentally threw a dart in my brother's eye, and told all the parents that he did it to himself because he was holding the dart backwards.

For the record, it was just a little dart, and I pulled it out immediately. I mean, I'm really the hero in this scenario, because I probably saved my brother's eye.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    We had cheap kitchen cabinets in our first house ("House 1.0" in our parlance). Particle board covered with some cheap veener-ish stuff. There was a pretty big one near the sink that was filled with dishware (i.e., heavy stuff). One day, taking out a plate or whatever, I noticed that the seams were coming apart from the weight of stuff in the cabinet. Oy, vey!
    We carefully de-dishwared the cabinet. I took it down, glued and clamped all joints, put it back up, and lightened the load.
    There's nothing like living in fear of one's own kitchen cabinets and, you know... Cabinetgeddon. :#
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,797
    Options
    Don't laugh.

Those self-dispensing cabinets are all the rage on Pinterest. They must be painted gray and/or black, though.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,392
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    t3xsxtg2ddg9.jpg
    What was this person doing?

I'm trying to remember the last time I had to make up a story that, at the time, I probably thought was genius, but looking back now, can see that it would have been an obvious lie, despite my incredible performances. Like the time I accidentally threw a dart in my brother's eye, and told all the parents that he did it to himself because he was holding the dart backwards.

For the record, it was just a little dart, and I pulled it out immediately. I mean, I'm really the hero in this scenario, because I probably saved my brother's eye.

Well you are a doctor after all. 🤔👍
    Sal Palooza
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,567
    Options
    That's usually when a phone call comes in on the weekends....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 21
    Options
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,749
    Options
    y0s5vevs7ekg.jpg
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    ybpmt3tu5fd9.png

ahh, the acoustic emanations of no acoustic emanations.