Elac Adante AF-61 (took some diy to make perfect)

1235»

Comments

• GUION
    GUION Posts: 8
    Merci pour vos retour, mais ces enceintes ont un grave exceptionnel si elles sont driver par de gros amplis mono comme mes Musical Fidelity. J'aimerai vraiment trouver une solution pour la partie médium.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,301
    Translation:
    Thank you for your feedback, but these speakers have an exceptional bass if they are driven by big mono amps like my Musical Fidelity. I would really like to find a solution for the midrange part.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,933
    edited May 16
    Upgrade the crossovers? Shrug. Might not do anything though if it's the uneven frequency response that your ear is taking offense to.

Again, I noticed the same upper mid/lower treble forward sound with the AS-61, it's just how they're voiced, or something related to the material choice for the coaxial drive unit.

You could also implement Dirac Live into your setup and EQ them that way. Good luck.
  • GUION
    Merci Clipdat,
    je vous rejoint sur les 2 points. Un Dirac Live pourrait être envisageable et je pense également que la membrane en alu sur le coaxial y est pour beaucoup. J'ai appelé la Maison du Haut-Parleur cette semaine pour leur exposer mon souci et la personne avec qui j'ai parlé avait déjà eu des échanges avec d'autres possesseurs d'Elac AF-61. Il m'a proposé de me faire un devis pour remplacer le coaxial pour 1 médium et 1 tweeter. L'avantage sur cette enceinte c'est qu'elle a un filtre dédié pour la partie médium aigu.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,301
    GUION wrote: »
    Merci Clipdat,
    je vous rejoint sur les 2 points. Un Dirac Live pourrait être envisageable et je pense également que la membrane en alu sur le coaxial y est pour beaucoup. J'ai appelé la Maison du Haut-Parleur cette semaine pour leur exposer mon souci et la personne avec qui j'ai parlé avait déjà eu des échanges avec d'autres possesseurs d'Elac AF-61. Il m'a proposé de me faire un devis pour remplacer le coaxial pour 1 médium et 1 tweeter. L'avantage sur cette enceinte c'est qu'elle a un filtre dédié pour la partie médium aigu.
    Thank you Clipdat, I agree with you on the 2 points. A Dirac Live could be possible and I also think that the aluminum cone on the coaxial has a lot to do with it. I called the House of the Speaker this week to tell them about my concern and the person I spoke with had already had exchanges with other owners of Elac AF-61. He offered to give me a quote to replace the coaxial for 1 midrange and 1 tweeter. The advantage of this speaker is that it has a dedicated filter for the midrange treble.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,468
    If possible where you are do a comparison with the Kef R7 Meta. One issue I see with the Adante is the concentric driver is mounted high in the speaker cabinet and places midrange and tweeter above the ear height for most people when they are sitting comfortably. Kef doesn't tend do that. Many of Andrew Jones' ideas come from when he worked at Kef.

Or just try tilting the Adante forward a bit so the concentric driver is angled down slightly. It's not unusual for a tweeter to be mounted high, but having the midrange and tweeter both mounted too high could be an issue.
  • GUION
    Bonjour Emlyn,
    oui c'est une bonne idée de pencher l'enceinte vers l'avant, j'avais essayé de les pencher vers l'arrière mais cela avait plutôt augmenter le problème.
    Je vous ferait un retour.
    Merci et bonne journée.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,397
    Translation:
    Hello Emlyn,
    yes it's a good idea to lean the speaker forward, I tried leaning them backwards but that rather increased the problem.
    I will get back to you.
    Thank you and good day.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,991
    F1nut wrote: »
    Translation:
    Hello Emlyn,
    yes it's a good idea to lean the speaker forward, I tried leaning them backwards but that rather increased the problem.
    I will get back to you.
    Thank you and good day.

Okay, thanks.

There were a few verbs in there that I am unfamiliar with because I never used them to pick up chicks in Montreal. B)