Interest check? Power cable beta test

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,892
    When the differences are that big? There is no need to bother "breaking them in" or letting them settle.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,522
    Second variation together!

kkdggekg9z7n.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Fun little test...

This is my office rig, very simplistic. bluetooth dongle, boxem amp, def tech monitors

Stock cable -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTCm-pKuS4

Filtered cable -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22l-wIlRe90
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,798
    I was only able to listen through my phone, but the 2nd video sounded like it had more air....nice.
  • VR3
    edited May 20
    I will say listening to them back to back thru my phone I detect more air/presence/less noise in the filtered cable.

I also heard this in person but it was harder to a/b turning things on and off.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,696
    edited May 20
    gmcman wrote: »
    I was only able to listen through my phone, but the 2nd video sounded like it had more air....nice.
    So listening to a cable via a phone/video…Ugh…
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • treitz3
    Oh, dear lawd.....please do not let this forum morph onto the "video" war....

One cannot judge by this.....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    I will blame Trey....

Tom
  • tratliff

treitz3 wrote: »
    Oh, dear lawd.....please do not let this forum morph onto the "video" war....

One cannot judge by this.....

Tom
    Tom. Only one way to try it out. In person. Phone is not one I would recommend.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • treitz3
    Between the both? There is a fair amount of distortion. Within the both? Hard choice. There are both aspects (deficiencies and attributes with both)

Put it on the main system.

Tom
  • tratliff
    edited May 20
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Between the both? There is a fair amount of distortion. Within the both? Hard choice. There are both aspects (deficiencies and attributes with both)

Put it on the main system.

Tom

No idea what that means?? I’ll try one just send it my way.
  • VR3
    Lol!

Love it

I plan to ship 2 sets of 3 cables to different groups. Few more weeks should be ready
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,823
    Not to mention … what was it recorded with? Also a phone?

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • VR3
    edited May 20
    Was just a fun quick video comparison gents.
  • VR3
    Little name plate

s73smx9btk9y.jpg
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 142
    That looks well constructed.
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • VR3
    Thank you!

I have completed the first three!

e1ob52uh8wm7.jpg
  • VR3
    Alright guys - I will give this a week or so. If you are still interested, please PM me your full name, address and phone number

@treitz3
    @maxward
    @toolfan66
    @geoff4rfc
    @heiney9
    @glenndog
    @muncybob
    @JCL
    @joey_V
    @tratliff

I am thinking will allow 2 weeks per person. Will send out 3 cables in the package, approximately 3 ft long - as photographed above.

Thanks everyone!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,279
    What is the difference between the two without the ferrite core?
  • VR3
    One is just shielded and damped

The second is shielded, damped and has three filters (one each end and center)

The third is shielded, damped and has two internal cable geometries with a larger filter set plus another filter at the other end
  • pitdogg2
    Thanks! I didn't even notice that one was pregnant in the middle....
    😉
  • VR3
    I am curious to hear feedback on the two different filtered cables. The larger is much more labor then the first two cables so curious to see how that pans out! 😊

• pitdogg2
    Oh I'm definitely looking forward to the reviewing.
  • tratliff
    Hey Trey. Thanks for the offer but I think I will pass for now. I’ll be interested in everyone’s feedback but really don’t won’t to dismantle the system.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,071
  • VR3
    Thanks guys!

It was a fun little project. I have no intentions I dont believe to ever offer these as a product. It is actually quite a bit of work. I am not comfortable marking up items 200 to 300%, which alot of mainstream stuff is easily pushing those margins or greater, granted they have way more overhead then little ol me.

Ive had a few guys PM me, if it is just a couple thats fine, will be fun either way. I will keep the list open until end of day Monday then will figure out who receives them first.

The price range of these cables being a one off run (only 2 of each made) will be $80/$110/$150 shipped) and after this I doubt I will make cables for a while as it is a little time consuming. This was more for a test of different techniques. A learning experience if you will :)
  • VR3
    Last chance bump
  • VR3
    Here is who I have so far

@maxward
    @muncybob
    @JCL
    @joey_V

Will map out who's where and probably go east coast towards the west.

Thanks everyone will update shortly. Has been a busy week
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 142
    Looking forward to trying these out! Picking up a new power conditioner soon too for the two channel system but I will wait to install it if you prefer.
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2
    I'm in. I spam blocked myself by sending the same PM in a 30 sec span.....waiting to resend.
    :#

Got it done....you know, I hit the "post message" button on the PM and it just sat there, didn't change pages to show it was complete, so...I hit again and a warning popped up...WARNING, YOU SENT THE SAME MESSAGE TWICE IN 30 SECONDS, YOU ARE AN IDIOT, YOU ARE SPAM BLOCKED, YOU MAY TRY AGAIN IN 60 SECONDS!

Okay, it didn't call me an idiot but I thought WTH man, just because I haven't been around for a month, the PM police gonna do me that way???
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman