Class D amps looking much improved

Options
2»

Comments

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,005
    Options
    Well the Bokem class D amp is on its way thanks to Clipdat's generous offer. We'll see how it compares to my HALO A21+ amp driving the Maggie 1.7i's. Should be interesting & a lot of fun.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,090
    edited April 20
    Options
    Not to go all ASR on all y'all, but... if (?!) you can get a buddy to help you do a level-matched, A/B (single) blind comparison of the performance of the two amplifiers, it might :# be more fair to one amp or the other than knowing which one you're listening to. B)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    Options
    I've dived into Class D recently. I picked up some Crown XLS Drivecore amps for PA work and tried them in 2 channel and was surprised at how well they did. Paired with LSi's in particular they really shine. The 22502 in particular just has so much headroom and effortless muscle to handle the LSi's with ease.

I also built an icepower 300AS1/A1 based amplifier and I absolutely love it. Am I going to abandon A/B? nah......I'll always have one or 2 around.....but none are active in my systems at the moment
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites