Enabler Extraordinaire
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,611
    Options
    o36vt8iljmtb.jpeg
    bi02dcbplrgr.jpeg
    rjuzjq7svht6.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Hey, those who are there? If you would like to meet or speak with Jonny or check out any of the Snake River Audio offerings?

Head on down to booth 9206 in the marketplace. Tell 'em the ugly bald guy sentcha'...

Tom

@erniejade saw his booth today, but we were just on a fly-by mission headed to Skip’s room (last pic in my post above). Will stop by before leaving to chat and thank him personally for the demo.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    At the restaurant next to my hotel. Don’t see one of those on the streets everyday!

h0fnlpwlt004.jpeg
    Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    t8rsoh5rt9ku.jpeg
    1gov1v2byjcb.jpeg
    5amynrsrl4hv.jpeg
    75rxxpsa4bqf.jpeg
    Brian

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    I have seen him before. He is awe.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,880
    Options
    @erniejade check out the new cables in Skip's room.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • erniejade
    Options
    @marvda1 First and last stop of yesterday. What a difference on the sound of them. I have heard thoes speakers many times but, they never sounded as good as they did yesterday. They made a noticeable difference.

Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • marvda1
    Options
    They are made of a new element, unobtainium :)
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,374
    Options
    No way.....Skip told me last year at LSAF that he doesn't use anything in his systems that he can't sell. Has he deviated from this stance? What is he using, if you don't mind me asking?

He told me he was interested in this new cable company but I forgot what they were.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bcwsrt
    edited April 13
    Options
    luzws4mwzdov.jpeg
    li54rjtirpnc.jpeg
    r6y0642733sk.jpeg
    0yao7x5r4iuc.jpeg
    nbrgpuwxswe3.jpeg
    1m21od64fy1z.jpeg
    mro07wwlbdig.jpeg
    xn0wsefnsf46.jpeg
    Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    udxadmvtf3yv.jpeg
    Brian

• erniejade
    Options
    The Yamaha bookies are sweet.

z2f7c3hvwliq.jpg
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    jlca5uze1m5i.jpeg
    bdk98u830vjm.jpeg
    b6nw14xd4cly.jpeg
    etswlmz0ajmy.jpeg
    Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    62f7bne7f6sl.jpeg
    xtfndduba7pv.jpeg
    d2xbzt0ezy9a.jpeg
    Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    ikdenc3h4deo.jpeg
    umvnx8e5mqul.jpeg
    uwggz37fpurb.jpeg
    16yzm3dw8c2r.jpeg
    ijpi2o9kbo9s.jpeg
    c6yd2yaqucad.jpeg
    fl7nglrtcn7w.jpeg
    Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    kmlpfak39kwa.jpeg
    Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    tckh6s4lb1zh.jpeg
    Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    38dsgthplg3k.jpeg
    Brian

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,136
    Options
    I'm excited to hear about which rooms are standing out.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • marvda1
    Options
    @treitz3 That big sign in his room is the new cable line.
    Puritan PSM156
  • erniejade
    Options
    Besides skips room, the Wynn room that was running I believe Vimberg speakers was fantastic sounding. Clarisys big room also sounded very good. Thoes giant ribbons filled up the huge hall with ease. Clarisys also had the smaller ones in one of the rooms but, it was full everytime I tried to get in there. Hopefully tomorrow I can pop in to hear the smaller ones.

A lot of rooms had great tonality speed or bass however, skips room was one of the few that got the speakers to disappear in the room and, sound was well beyond the physical speaker itself. That is also something Brian told me when he first heard skips room. I have heard skips rig many times at Axpona or his home but, this was the best I have heard it. Not positive if it was the new Tuenbull cables making it sound that much better or what but whatever he is doing, the improvement shows.

One room that Brian, Ivan and myself all were shocked on how good it sounded was these smaller battery operated bluetooth speaker! No wifi on them so, you cannot hook it up to a seperate anything. They had them sitting on top of floor standing speakers. All 3of us thought it was the floor standing playing and was shocked to find out it wasn't. I haven't heard a bluetooth speaker sound that audiophile ever! @pitdogg2 do you remember what that brand was?

Another speaker that wasn't in the 30k and up range that I thought has a lot of potential was the Mofi Point source 888. They are brand new. We heard them in 2 rooms on 2 different Amplifiers. They sounded be5er on the BAT then whatever Andrew Jones was using that actually shut them amp down when trying to demo what the bottom end could do. They said they will retail for 5k.

One annoying thing, by skips room, they were doing a demo of a 24" subwoofer. That thing was shaking half the floor. It was crazy and made it difficult to get the feel of other speakers.

I had my cell in my bag most of the day. I will try to get more pictures tomorrow.
  • erniejade
    edited April 13
    Options
    Update. Just found out it was a hifi rose amplifier that the Mofi 888 shut down!
    https://youtu.be/mmhkENkwQI0?si=3MCChbwenxeKWeuc
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Any comments about the sound???
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    tckh6s4lb1zh.jpeg

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    It was a large sound, but I didn’t think it was very natural/musical. They played the live version of “Hotel California” on it two different times while I was in the room. I’m pretty familiar with that recording. Someone said it was a $4M system. If I had that kind of money to spend, I’d look elsewhere. @erniejade is way better at describing things like this than I am, as evidenced by his summary above (which I wholeheartedly agree with). Hopefully, he will chime in on this room, too.

Had a really enjoyable chat with Jonny from Snake River Audio this morning. Class act with a lot of passion for his product and the industry!

I’m really glad I devoted multiple days for attending this year. Lots of wonderful stuff to see and hear. But, as always, the best part is hanging with our forum friends!

Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    BT speakers that @erniejade refernced above …

3isibvbcgkzs.jpeg
    1drvnc9oiyrh.jpeg
    65uc5avove2z.jpeg
    Brian

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    I’m a big fan of Morel soft dome tweets
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,342
    Options
    Thanks for all the great photos @bcwsrt - it nice for those of us that can’t attend to see what’s there…!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• bcwsrt
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I’m a big fan of Morel soft dome tweets

Tomorrow we will get a pic of them on top of the floor standers, like they had them today. It sounded like the whole she-bang was playing, but it was just those tiny little boxes. Very impressive!

Brian

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,609
    edited April 14
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    BT speakers that @erniejade refernced above …

3isibvbcgkzs.jpeg
    Yea these little sumbucs, big surprise of the show for myself.
    Two of those sitting on top of towers, fooled me! I hard to walk up to the towers and touch the towers. Dude turned one off and just the one playing still rocked the room.