pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    Options
    Absolutely Ken!
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    9jtpjbdeottm.jpeg

Whiskey bottle, brand new truck, oak tree you're in my way.....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,278
    Options
    7jch20dzhrvk.png

You gotta hand it to those darn Irish: their pilots have the most handsomest uniforms (as these commercial pilots for Aer Lingus depict here)

Ñote: Contrary to popular belief, 'Aer Lingus' does NOT refer to a part of the female anatomy.
    🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    edited March 19
    Options
    9jtpjbdeottm.jpeg

Makes me sad… 😢

Maybe the driver was a total a-hole, maybe he wasn’t, but some bad decisions were made. What a waste of a new truck, not to mention the insurance premiums that can only be imagined following this incident on the driver’s record.

Such a young tree too… you think you’re tough in your big truck? Not so much, apparently.

No obvious signs that any attempt at braking was made, either… 😬

Alea jacta est!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    So cute, a truck hugging a tree. Someone needs to tell that driver that that's not the way to make your vehicle green.

I do hope the driver and any passengers are ok
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    9jtpjbdeottm.jpeg

Makes me sad… 😢

Maybe the driver was a total a-hole, maybe he wasn’t, but some bad decisions were made. What a waste of a new truck, not to mention the insurance premiums that can only be imagined following this incident on the driver’s record.

Such a young tree too… you think you’re tough in your big truck? Not so much, apparently.

No obvious signs that any attempt at braking was made, either… 😬

I believe we can rule out that truck was NOT built Ford tough......
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,278
    edited March 20
    Options
    How do we know that the truck wasn't peacefully parked alongside the road when it was viciously attacked by a rogue tree ? 🤔
    I think that we're all jumping to premature conclusions before the proper authorities have had the opportunity to tell us what to think 🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    bdac5bs537fl.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    Options
    How do we know that the truck wasn't peacefully parked alongside the road when it was viciously attacked by a rogue tree ? 🤔
    I think that we're all jumping to premature conclusions before the proper authorities have had the opportunity to tell us what to think 🤔

Right it seems we may have premature ejectulation....
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    bdac5bs537fl.jpg

How many pistons? I don't trust my count. 10?
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,603
    Options
    kg2qck7s4sas.png
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    r1jigqowej1m.jpeg

Toyota tough!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    r1jigqowej1m.jpeg

Toyota tough!

How many friggen times do we have to repost this picture of a dead Ford Truck?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,520
    Options
    Reminds me of an old Far Side: “Welcome to He11, here’s your accordion.”
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    Limit? You'd think it would be a bogo offer.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    r1jigqowej1m.jpeg

Toyota tough!

One more?
    I disabled signatures.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,134
    Options
    Mr. Sikorsky in his flight suit.

xwl8ul2c41du.png
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,134
    Options
    What is going on un the background, do ya think?

amgf16l285f3.png
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    That's how you beat traffic on the way to work!
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    r1jigqowej1m.jpeg

Toyota tough!

I mean, it could become a meme.
    We could put Bernie & his mittens in the back -- or Capt. Picard and Riker... or them two women and the white cat...
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Every year it's the same: turkeys and testosterone (or whatever tom turkeys have).

53601150565_2022bf44cf_b.jpg

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    r1jigqowej1m.jpeg

Toyota tough!

One more?

I won't post the picture but I think my wife found the story behind it...

niazp3sg0p12.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.