You’re doing it wrong…

Options

Comments

• CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    Exactly the situation with the old man next to me for several years. He used to mow his backyard naked except sneakers. Unfortunately, the fence didn't stop me from finding that out from my second floor. Another time the neighborhood handyman was checking something on my roof and got the full Monty! UGH Said he could never unsee that! LOLOL
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    ayw45v3bopwl.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    ayw45v3bopwl.jpeg

Perhaps the fact that the person that did it is able to reproduce and vote
  • daddyjt
    Options
    t6a56ew3jvox.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Ack!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    I'll pass on the nut milk. :#
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    That's what she said
    (Michael Scott)

cyrs79drfdp8.jpg

Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    ds7rtvefhzz0.jpg
    Maybe construction never worked out for that guy and he moved into building or repairing electronics...
    27eb44qa81py.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    That is one way to "tin" your iron......
  • daddyjt
    Options
    7kvvac8m6cnx.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    This is a real photo that I TOOK MYSELF today in Lowe’s - BBQ grills are so expensive now, that we have the option to “Lease to own”… unbelievable.

ryprxagrqcv5.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    This is a real photo that I TOOK MYSELF today in Lowe’s - BBQ grills are so expensive now, that we have the option to “Lease to own”… unbelievable.

ryprxagrqcv5.jpeg

Comes in handy for the thrashed to hell motorhomes that are being used by the homeless these days…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    lggr7a9hmamv.png

And the fluids get soaked right up
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    Options
    Like no one was ever there...
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Wow. And presumably still the same chintzy, stamped steel, cut-yourself-thin construction as always?
    I figure there are maybe two generations left who remember what quality and value meant.
    0ujn51tai4rt.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    My wife still uses her Sunbeam mixer from the 70’s. Along with another mixer that was built in the 40’s.

Never had an issue with either. Only electronic parts they have is a large resistor and a large capacitor. Huge motors that just keep on.

The quality ain’t what it used to be ….
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,344
    edited February 27
    Options
    I think I still use two of them from the same Era. One was from Grandma and one was from Mom. I see no need to replace them, as they both work great still. They don't even have that "old smell" usually associated with motors from decades ago when you run them.

They may be dated but they are both workhorses. [Edit:] mine are both handmixers...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    edited February 28
    Options
    Saw this 1954 Frigidaire electric oven for sale earlier this week My mother had one exactly like it until the mid 60's. She cooked many a great meal with it. I remember the built in cooking pot on the left rear; she never used it and I could never figure out why. (Tempted to buy it for $350 just to use that rear pot.)
    1xbn974y4uft.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    Saw this 1954 Frigidaire electric oven for sale earlier this week

GF still uses her Caloric Ultramatic wall oven from the 1950s. Works as well as it ever did.
    (It's like this one but cleaner. lol) Only been serviced once in the last 30 years, maybe ever.
    202325549_P10.jpg?width=1024
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Saw this 1954 Frigidaire electric oven for sale earlier this week

GF still uses her Caloric Ultramatic wall oven from the 1950s. Only been serviced once in the last 30 years, maybe ever.

Just for clarification, are we speaking of the wall oven or of your GF ?
    (Perhaps both ?) 🤔

Sal Palooza
  • daddyjt
    Options
    k6de46e15brz.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    ^ What the……..
    Why?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    k6de46e15brz.jpeg

My first thought was it was some kind of redneck art but clearly he's using it somehow because the back window is filthy dirty from the exhaust. I mean technically it would work that way. Albiet dumb as hell.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    k6de46e15brz.jpeg

My first thought was it was some kind of redneck art but clearly he's using it somehow because the back window is filthy dirty from the exhaust. I mean technically it would work that way. Albiet dumb as hell.

A turbo coal roller perhaps?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    Options
    I think it would work, but not for long - I don’t see any oil lines…

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,344
    Options
    This is sad...

vxfnon3gklzf.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options

ryprxagrqcv5.jpeg
    Yes, I would think "to own", as opposed to 'return' at the end of said 'lease'. I believe they just have their terms mixed-up, and the more accurate phrase would be 'financing', instead of 'leasing'.

I think we all know how car leases work, with a certain number of allowable miles, and for any overage, extra fees apply upon termination of the lease. How would that work with a grill? Number of allowed 'grilling hours'?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon