Denon 2802 owners?

Billm57
Billm57 Posts: 689
ANy Denon 2802 owners here that I can get some questions answered from? Got a few questions on hookups
Post edited by Billm57 on

Comments

• johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited May 2002
    I have a 2801, so I can probably answer most questions. :)
  • Billm57
    edited May 2002
    can I e-mail ya? lots of different type questions on hookup that probably would be best taken offline
  • johnnyamerika
    edited May 2002
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited May 2002
    Don't be afraid Bill..................be afraid be very afraid!!!!!!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited May 2002
    I have the 2802, Bill, but I'm afraid of giving you my email, because I don't think it would too long before I started getting mail from you suggesting that I purchase some of your ancient Pioneer receivers and other prehistoric artifacts.

What's going on with your Denon?
  • Billm57
    edited May 2002
    Originally posted by mantis
    Don't be afraid Bill..................be afraid be very afraid!!!!!!
    huh?
  • Billm57
    edited May 2002
    Originally posted by OrangeToupee
    I have the 2802, Bill, but I'm afraid of giving you my email, because I don't think it would too long before I started getting mail from you suggesting that I purchase some of your ancient Pioneer receivers and other prehistoric artifacts.

What's going on with your Denon?
    naah..all I got left is my Marantz..Im keeping that..I would never part with it..anyway..John answered my lengthy questions already
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    Bill,
    I was teasing you because you didn't want to post your question's here.You wanted direct e-mail link.
    All in good fun.
    So come on dude whats up with the Denon???We can help you.
    Dan
  • Billm57
    edited May 2002
    actually I had a bunch of different questions on hooking up some video stuff and didnt see a point in posting every one of them..Figured it would be easier to just talk directly with a Denon owner and get a straight and faster answer..there was no "fear" involved..
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    Post them all Bill,
    Its been slightly slow in here. would like to answer all your question's on audio/video/setup or anything else you can come up with.I own Denon as well and hav been installing them for years.
    Shoot from the hip and don't look back!!!
    Dan
  • johnnyamerika
    edited May 2002
    Oh I see how it is, mantis 'ol boy! I can't be trusted to answer bill's questions, no? Fine then, me and you...let's have a duel! I say sixers at dawn.....I mean beer, not guns :D

Just giving you a hard time man, but I have no problem answering e-mail from board members...in fact it's fun :D

Besides, Bill was asking me some rather...uh personal questions :cool: (j/k bill)
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    lol,
    THAT WAS GOOD.lol.
    I didn't mean you couldn't answer his question's,but hey man share alittle.........OK?...........Greedy?:p

A Duel.......It would have to be a Lightsaber Duel,As The new Movie is now overtaking my every thought.........I bought the book today and can't see why I'm on the Internet and not obsessing over it.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    BY THE WAY..........I DIDN'T KILL YOUR FATHER.........I AM YOUR FATHER!!!!!!
    SEARCH YOUR FEELING'S JOHNNY.......YOU KNOW IT BE TRUE.
    WE COULD RULE THIS POST AS FATHER AND SON.MY MASTER KNOWS YOUR POWERFULL, LET ME COMPLETE YOUR TRAINING.
    Dan
  • johnnyamerika
    edited May 2002
    NOOOOOO!!! IT'S NOT TRUE!!

*jumps off platform*

If the new movie is half as good as Empire, I'll be happy :D
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    I picked up the book, the movie is going to be killer!!!!!!
    Dan
  • Billm57
    edited May 2002
    Originally posted by johnnyamerika
    Oh I see how it is, mantis 'ol boy! I can't be trusted to answer bill's questions, no? Fine then, me and you...let's have a duel! I say sixers at dawn.....I mean beer, not guns :D

Just giving you a hard time man, but I have no problem answering e-mail from board members...in fact it's fun :D

Besides, Bill was asking me some rather...uh personal questions :cool: (j/k bill)
    John-fyi..I figured out the easiest way..the 3 components currently running to my switchbox all have optical outputs so I ran optical for sound from each to the Denon..then I use the SIma switcher for just video and for tv speaker only..it was a pretty "duh" solution once I thought about it...thanks again for the Denon info though
  • johnnyamerika
    edited May 2002
    Very good Bill, have fun with it :)
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    I feel left out.
    Dan
  • Billm57
    edited May 2002
    ok Mantis..heres your chance-I cant get any DTS sound to come out..I get Dolby Digital but if I put on a dvd with DTS and I select DTS on the reciever and the DVD setup I get nothing..The Denon doesnt even detect a DTS source..Im hooked up via an optical cable
  • Billm57
    edited May 2002
    never mind..did some research. It turns out my dvd player does not have DTS out due to its age..I got into DVD early so it looks like this one is going to the bedroom and Ill buy a newer one for the HT..or better yet maybe Ill post it on the flea market forum just to rile everyone up on how old it is
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited May 2002
  • Billm57
    edited May 2002
    man..and this thing is only 5 years old!!!