WTB Polk LSi7's

Options
13»

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Could be the guy really needs the money and got spooked thinking they could be damaged in shipping and that you'd reverse payment.

I shared with you how to make this happen: remove the risk and hassle for the seller. Have him drop them off at a FedEx Office store near him, pay him upon drop off confirmation, and you then coordinate the packing and shipping with the store. It's easy.

You can be right, or you can have your LSi7s at a great price. Which one're you gonna choose?

That's how I got my RTA15tl's & I paid the guy extra for his kindness. Years later I'm still thankful
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    To the OP. I'd just wait it out & buy some on eBay & not mess with other useless methods
    Randy/Maine
  • caardvark
    caardvark Posts: 54
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    To the OP. I'd just wait it out & buy some on eBay & not mess with other useless methods

I'm cool with playing the waiting/searching game. My reason for starting this thread was to possibly find the stuff not listed anywhere, in which case asking would be more fruitful than waiting.
    Polk LSi15 fronts, LSi7 dual centers, Linn AV5110 sides, Polk RT15i rears, Emotiva UMC-200 pre/pro, 2x Carver M-1.0t MkII & 2x AudioSource Amp 100, Crown XLS1500 & Dayton 18" sub.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Have you considered procuring a pair of LSi9's as well? It would fit in with your logic of more speakers = better sound.
  • caardvark
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Have you considered procuring a pair of LSi9's as well? It would fit in with your logic of more speakers = better sound.

Yes, that's my Plan B. Their depth is a bit problematic, though. I just rebuilt the shelf above the projector screen -- extra heavy duty and adjustable in angle to handle bigger LSi speakers, and temporarily double the NHT's -- maximizing the available height as much as possible. I think it'll be too tight of a squeeze in back (shelf to ceiling) for the LSi9's, so I would have to put them on their side. That's supposedly a no-no unless the speakers are specifically designed for it, although it's how I ran the NHT's all these years and they sounded just fine. (They're now upright, thanks to the lower shelf.)

The other consideration is, according to most accounts, the 7's are a better overall speaker than the 9's, not trying to be as full range in a small package. The 9's mid-bass bump is often complained about. I figure room EQ can tame that, and also it's probably a non-issue with the center channel crossover, but I prefer the package that is inherently more neutral.

The one advantage of the 9's that has me not totally dismissing them is the higher power handling, making them a bit more comparable to the 15's.
    Polk LSi15 fronts, LSi7 dual centers, Linn AV5110 sides, Polk RT15i rears, Emotiva UMC-200 pre/pro, 2x Carver M-1.0t MkII & 2x AudioSource Amp 100, Crown XLS1500 & Dayton 18" sub.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
  • caardvark
    Options
    Target acquired. I got a very clean pair of LSi7's from NY (found via my usual FB marketplace search that didn't turn up the SF pair without increasing the search area, go figure), ebony sides to match my LSi15's, and with original box, packing, and owner's manual. It was my first time trying out Facebook's payment system, and it went without a hitch, despite my initial unease at trusting them with my CC info, given FB's habitual sharing/selling of data. For those wondering, most of the info out there regarding FB's new Meta Pay (including their own documentation) is wrong. You *can* pay via PayPal. So, your card info is never actually in their system.

$275 shipped. That's a pretty competitive price, and near or at the top of the list when factoring in the "extras" that hint at them being better cared for than most available examples.

So, this thread can be closed (or deleted, whatever the norm is here). Thanks.
  • caardvark
    Options
    I mentioned to the seller how good of shape they're in, and he added that they spent most of their life in the box. If true, that's as good of a used item as one could hope for, having very little wear and tear.
  • caardvark
    Options
    If anyone else happens to be looking for a set, here's a great deal on a cosmetically imperfect pair of LSi7's, for $100 in New Orleans:

https://neworleans.craigslist.org/ele/d/new-orleans-polk-lsi7/7718565823.html

Or, following the theme of good deals if you don't mind aesthetics issues, $250 for a pair of Reserve R200's in Pittsburgh:

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ele/d/pittsburgh-polk-audio-reserve-r200/7715848887.html

I'd jump on either (the former as spares or for office use, the latter just to try out) if they were local.