WTB Polk LSi7's

Options
Anyone have a set of LSi7 bookshelf speakers they're willing to part with? Preferably in the Oregon/SW Washington area, as shipping is a pretty big chunk of the value, but if you're willing to ship, I'll of course consider that.

Cosmetic condition isn't too important, as long as the grills look good, as they'll be mostly hidden from view. LSi9's are my Plan B if some LSi7's don't turn up, but my preference is definitely the 7's.

Thanks!
Polk LSi15 fronts, LSi7 dual centers, Linn AV5110 sides, Polk RT15i rears, Emotiva UMC-200 pre/pro, 2x Carver M-1.0t MkII & 2x AudioSource Amp 100, Crown XLS1500 & Dayton 18" sub.

Comments

• vader540is
    vader540is Posts: 178
    Options
    If you can't find any LSi7 i do have some LSi9 i might part with.
  • caardvark
    caardvark Posts: 54
    Options
    vader540is wrote: »

Thanks. Are you local?
    Polk LSi15 fronts, LSi7 dual centers, Linn AV5110 sides, Polk RT15i rears, Emotiva UMC-200 pre/pro, 2x Carver M-1.0t MkII & 2x AudioSource Amp 100, Crown XLS1500 & Dayton 18" sub.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    caardvark wrote: »

Thanks. Are you local?

Are you?
  • caardvark
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Are you?

I assume that's an attempt at humor? I specified the locale in the first post...
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    It's always humor. All the time. I thought it funny.

You specified neither local nor locale. You specified area, sometimes also used to indicate location.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Are you?

I assume that's an attempt at humor? I specified the locale in the first post...

Yes, It was a "attempt". I did see your location. I'm not sure where @vader540is is but I'm willing to wager there will be some shipping involved.
  • msg
    Options
    Last I heard @vader540is usually splits his time between the Death Star and Hoth this time of year.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,694
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Hoth

Hoth? I didn't know Ben Cartwright had a ghey son!
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Isn’t “Oregon” a pretty big-as$ state?

How would vader know if he’s “local?”

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    Options
    That sounds like a question for @Sith_Lord or @darthlaidher
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,694
    Options
    Maybe "local" is short of "low calorie".
  • caardvark
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Isn’t “Oregon” a pretty big-as$ state?

I provided a pretty strong hint by including SW Washington.
  • vader540is
    vader540is Posts: 178
    Options

Thanks. Are you local?

Im in NorCal, so shipping wouldn't be that much. I'm not sure if im willing to sell my LSi9s yet... depends on my kids. If my eldest son is willing to let his little brother share a room...then ill probably sell them to make room for my SDAs. If he isn't willing to share a room, then I'll keep my LSi9s in the dinning room ( much smaller foot print than my SDAs)
  • caardvark
    Options
    Im in NorCal, so shipping wouldn't be that much. I'm not sure if im willing to sell my LSi9s yet... depends on my kids. If my eldest son is willing to let his little brother share a room...then ill probably sell them to make room for my SDAs. If he isn't willing to share a room, then I'll keep my LSi9s in the dinning room ( much smaller foot print than my SDAs)

Gotcha. Yeah, a regional shipment like that shouldn't be too terribly bad. Check back if you do decide to sell them, and I'll of course update this thread if I find something in the meantime.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Try a search on HiFi Shark.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • caardvark
    Options
    jbreezy5 wrote: »
    Try a search on HiFi Shark.

I've already looked there, and the sites they pull from. (I'm not really familiar with HiFi Shark, but it appears to be just aggregating other sources.) $400-500 shipped for speakers that sold for $400 on clearance what 12 years ago doesn't make sense. There's very little out there currently, and the occasional one that drops to $300 in so-so shape gets snapped up quick. The few good options I've found, people aren't willing to ship or don't respond when it comes time to scheduling a meet-up.

So...I'm left to looking for stuff that isn't currently listed.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • caardvark
    Options

I've seen that one. (Trust me, I've been searching all the common places.) No pics, no prices...I've never had good luck dealing with sellers like that.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options

I've seen that one. (Trust me, I've been searching all the common places.) No pics, no prices...I've never had good luck dealing with sellers like that.

Reach out and ask for pictures… couldn’t hurt, could it?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • caardvark
    Options
    Reach out and ask for pictures… couldn’t hurt, could it?

Perhaps not, but my experience has been, sellers like that are best avoided. Spokane is too far to drive, especially this time of year, so it takes a more motivated seller to provide pictures and ship.
  • msg
    Options
    I emailed the guy in the link that @nooshinjohn posted above asking if he could send some photos. He responded shortly after, in the wee hours of the morning. He may have an offset work schedule, which might explain why he didn't go to the trouble of photos at first. Could be any number of reasons, really.
    Maybe he's old school and doesn't sell stuff much, or doesn't know how audio people can be. Seems like a nice fellow. Approachable and conversational. Goes by Red.

Here are the photos. Look to be in nice shape to me, from what I can see. He's only asking $200. A steal for a pair of LSi7s.
    b5lxcmis05vi.jpg
    tvjgnmf9nyiu.jpg
    xfssjrwcuwh9.jpg
    3mag9fn3pxbl.jpg

Here are the RT105s he's selling. Also in beautiful condition, albeit could use some cleaning. Says he'd be happy to make a deal on all of them. I told him I was talking to a friend about them.
    116p15aamb21.jpg
    kg4mfdccl3pj.jpg
    xe9kov2r0poo.jpg

Here's your shot, dude. Or you can wait it out and pay $350 + shipping for a pair from a seller who's cleaning them and posted photos in an ad listing?
    I disabled signatures.
  • caardvark
    Options
    Okay, I'll give him a shout ... props for persistence! That's probably the second best price out there, splitting two in California (one hasn't responded, the other is unwilling to ship).
  • msg
    Options
    Yeah man, could work out nicely for you. Hope so. The LSi7s sure are nice with the right integrated.
    I disabled signatures.
  • caardvark
    Options
    Yeah man, could work out nicely for you. Hope so. The LSi7s sure are nice with the right integrated.

Thanks. I haven't heard back yet, but like you said, he might work odd hours. Or, he might be outside shoveling snow and ice like I was for the past 2+ hours. :smile:

I'm rather infatuated with my "new" LSi15's. I still have the old NHT's as center speakers, which actually integrate a lot better than expected with the fronts thanks to room EQ, but I know LSi7's in their place would really sing.
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    Polk LSI7's in NorCal for a hundred bucks, no affiliation.
    jx0bfnvzruma.jpg
  • caardvark
    Options
    ^ Those haven't turned up in my facebook searches, probably due to search radius. It looks like the same pair as on the Bay Area craigslist for $150, and he's unwilling to ship, unfortunately.

I did hear back from the Spokane guy (actually across the border in Idaho), and he's waiting out the storm to get them boxed up and weighed for a shipping estimate, since he doesn't have a scale of his own. Hopefully, that pans out.
  • msg
    Options
    Sometimes it's just about the hassle of safely packing and getting quotes. Also taking the charge back risk out of it, which I understand, because people suck.

I've had some success with asking an owner if they would be willing to drop an item off at a FedEx Office store, and that I'd arrange the packing and shipping with the shop. I've done this with different things, maybe 5 to 10 times. If you have some good, polite exchanges with people, they sometimes become more willing to flex. Other times not.

I don't recall at the moment whether I've had to use any service like Zelle or something, or postal money order or check, but for the right gear, I'd consider suffering that hassle. The delay in those transactions is annoying as carp, though, so I usually pass. 100% of the time if I don't know them.
    I disabled signatures.
  • caardvark
    Options
    Sometimes it's just about the hassle of safely packing and getting quotes. Also taking the charge back risk out of it, which I understand, because people suck.

I've had some success with asking an owner if they would be willing to drop an item off at a FedEx Office store, and that I'd arrange the packing and shipping with the shop.

Yeah, I get it. I sell on CL and eBay. I often get asked if I'll ship the larger local (CL) stuff and say no, for those hassle and trust reasons.

I have FedEx and UPS accounts, which cuts around 40% off the rates, and offered/plan to prepare the label for the WA/ID guy to print off, saving him that hassle. But, since he doesn't have a scale, it doesn't save him a whole bunch of effort...still has to go by the store twice. But, it also smooths over any trust concerns either way: he gets the money before sending anything, and I've got a tracking number at the time of sending payment to verify whether or not it gets shipped.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Have each speaker individually boxed and use a shipping weight of 30 pounds. Add 6 inches to each dimension for packaging and you should be able to get answers and get this deal done.

Dimensions: 14" H by 8 5/8" W by 12" D. Weight: 21 lbs each.

• caardvark
    Options
    Have each speaker individually boxed and use a shipping weight of 30 pounds. Add 6 inches to each dimension for packaging and you should be able to get answers and get this deal done.

That's a decent idea for getting a general estimate, but not particularly useful in specific cases as it doesn't account for what packaging options people have available to them. The guy in question has a friend with shipping supplies that he plans on going to for a suitable box for the speakers. TBD on that.