Options
    xschop wrote: »
    Might want to at least put a plastic sheet barrier as underlayment. JM2C

It comes with 'pre-attached underlayment' FWIW
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Honestly if it were me 1/4" launan mahogany underlayment would have been used on top of the OSB board. I've seen too many times, the OSB woodchip pattern can start showing through the vinyl on top (especially if glued) due to it's imperfect nature. This why you should always use a smooth surface underlayment on top of your OSB subfloor.

I was going to, however I ended up just managing to get the subfloor pretty darn near flat. To be honest, I'll probably end up installing laminate in the near future. This floor is purely because I hated carpet and I needed to get rid of it because it was so old and worn out.

I told my parents that, for when I do the other two bedrooms (my mom loves the work I've done I guess), that they should go for laminate.

Vinyl is cheap, just wanted something to last 3-4 years until I can actually install something nicer.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »

Just meant as a moisture barrier. That snow outside the window will vaporize sooner or later.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »

Just meant as a moisture barrier. That snow outside the window will vaporize sooner or later.

Oh yeah fair point. There wasn't one under the carpet, so I'm sure I'll be fine enough.

I definitely could have done this better, but the floor is flat and looks nice, and it's a helluva lot better than the old carpet, so I'm perfectly happy.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Right on Zach. nice
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    edited February 9
    Options
    I nearly took on the project of trying to repair my new(ish) preamp that developed a right channel hiss and static.

Started taking to a buddy that’s not exactly local to me that’s good with this stuff and he rattled off a bunch of jargon that left me confused.

So I sent it off to Chicago to Deltronics so it can get repaired, professionally! :D

Gotta know your limits…
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Well my bedroom is complete as of about a week ago! Just need to borrow a finish nailer to put the baseboard trim on but that shouldn't take long at all.

Next project is on the move: Getting my full drivers license. Road test in 10 days. Super nervous but I've been driving a LOT to get tons of practice.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    edited February 17
    Options
    Next project in planning, have a deposit down on the frame and am building the engine now. Should be seeing about 20HP out of a 236 stroker. This will be a long one as there is a 3-4 month advertised waiting list on the frame

Two examples of what I am driving towards. Made is USA mini bobber frame is the base

i3oxa74vat83.jpeg

dd4vimpt2lx9.jpeg
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • xschop
    Options
    Those spring forks will be fun.
  • stangman67
    Options
    Yup! Gonna be fun to take them apart and paint them lol

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited February 17
    Options
    Just finished refoaming a focal tweeter.. M killed 3 before figuring out how to safely do this hahaha

wzwe3hjrj06x.jpg
    6set902qw2rb.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • stangman67
    Options
    That looks like a very delicate operation Trey! Better you than me

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited February 17
    Options
    The leads are like 100 gauge wire wrapped around a thread so I mean... You have to be super gentle with it.

Makes me think about how silly we are with our garden hose cables sometimes hahaha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Next project in planning, have a deposit down on the frame and am building the engine now. Should be seeing about 20HP out of a 236 stroker. This will be a long one as there is a 3-4 month advertised waiting list on the frame

Two examples of what I am driving towards. Made is USA mini bobber frame is the base
    87f9ymoieqko.png
    hzomgdgzdd3h.png
    This is sweet, Zach, nice work on yours and next project is pretty tough lookin'. I like it.
    I see a Darryl Gibson rat bike in your future... :D
    7x2x7e9w0s7p.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Makes me think about how silly we are with our garden hose cables sometimes hahaha

I get what you are saying but that tweeter lead wire doesn't have upwards of 20 amps running through it. 😉

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    edited February 18
    Options
    80s Subaru
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    Whoa. That's cool.
    (and, no, I am not being facetious!)
  • stangman67
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    80s Subaru

Why the ninja edit? Super cool project!

• msg
    Options
    Ha, thought I'd save the celebration for after I confirm that I won't be Flintstoning it due to floor rust.
    I disabled signatures.
  • stangman67
    Options
    This is the end of the first mini bike project. Very much a mini motorcycle, goes 60 without issue. Lots of fun, only issue is it is way too loud to ride around the neighborhood. Who thought a lawnmower engine could be louder than a straight piped Harley?

Either way, was a very fun project, one that kept me busy for a few months without spending too much money (although the budget did spiral out of control on this one)

vpzt1j7qd65n.jpeg
    55vvrkh78zr5.jpeg
    nsqkdrt2jrgs.jpeg
    onyytwicyqbq.jpeg

• xschop
    Options
    Very nice, alot of work put into that bike. Did you fab/tig the gas tank?
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    "only issue is it is way too loud"

nsqkdrt2jrgs.jpeg

Really? I thought with an external intake air filter and a sawed off 50.cal shell for a muffler right to the pipe, you'd be able to slip around unnoticed...... :D

Nice build brother, can't wait to see the next one........I hope you have a lot of earplugs....lol
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Built a shed at my GF's place so she has a place to store her crap.

xqruor84xrxb.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    edited February 20
    Options
    Did you fab/tig the gas tank?

I put Fab in a gas tank once. >:)

(I saved 40 cents, too!)

3ck4d9dcx9g8.jpg
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,620
    Options
    Updated the audio wall to support a new larger TV, new cabling, remove some acoustic panels that I had used back when I had Martin Logan speakers, and moving the center channel speaker from above the TV to below in the audio cabinet.

4fapyft0cffc.jpg
    puo01aei7o34.jpg
    50yaew3y0gjr.jpg
    qcvyscuv8qo7.jpg
    ny9aai4mt0op.jpg
  • xschop
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Did you fab/tig the gas tank?

I put Fab in a gas tank once. >:)

(I saved 40 cents, too!)

3ck4d9dcx9g8.jpg

That's seriously pugged-up.
  • stangman67
    Options
    Very nice, alot of work put into that bike. Did you fab/tig the gas tank?

I wish I had those metal fab skills but unfortunately I do not

• stangman67
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    "only issue is it is way too loud"

nsqkdrt2jrgs.jpeg

Really? I thought with an external intake air filter and a sawed off 50.cal shell for a muffler right to the pipe, you'd be able to slip around unnoticed...... :D

Nice build brother, can't wait to see the next one........I hope you have a lot of earplugs....lol

lol maybe I was naive, gonna figure out how to keep the bobber a bit quieter so I’m not hated by the whole neighborhood

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Inspired by an old thread of @stangman67 I'm working with a neighbor of mine that does a lot of woodwork and we are building me a new audio stand.

We found the maple slabs from one of his normal suppliers. They are currently 2.5" thick, but have a slight cup. So we are going to be bringing them to another shop that has a planer that can handle the size of slabs we sourced to flatten them. But, we need to wait for his shop to not be in maple syrup production mode. :D

Using comments from Stangman, I'm ordering 7/8 -9 threaded rods and nuts for the uprights.

Stangman, where did you source your threaded rods from?