• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    Been around since 1982
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options
    Been around since 1982

Not in my neck of the woods, My Carver Tx-11b had the ability but I've never had any stations.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Removing this POS attempt that someone thought was a good idea to fix the power antenna in my vr4, if you can’t do it correctly don’t friggin do it!

yzxdbkxttepc.jpeg

eejvkrb86h9b.jpeg
    ae6t9be62oi3.jpeg

Aaaaah, that’s more better, now I can sleep well tonight.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,197
    Options
    Whew that was an abomination! Good work!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Thanks stang,

With the whiffs help we have sweet quiet success.

https://youtu.be/FIStlCNVBwQ
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Wow @skipshot12 I had to remove my power antenna once and take it apart just like you did. I had to remove what was left of the old plastic tooth gear so that I could get the new antenna mast to go all of way down. Yours was WAY more involved than mine!
    Good job! B)
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Been around since 1982

Not in my neck of the woods, My Carver Tx-11b had the ability but I've never had any stations.

@pitdogg2 Where, when and how did you get your mitts on a TX-11b?!?!? :o
    JEALOUS!!!
    I wanted to get one to replace my TX-11a years ago, but whenever I would see one up for sale anywhere the seller would be asking premiums for it. Then the bidding war would start and the price would just be out of control. So I just gave up.
    I remember the TX-11a definitely sounded different from the TX-11.
    I had both.
    The TX-11 had woolly and undefined bass. Otherwise it was often confused for a Cd by some people.
    The TX-11a definitely had better bass and more precise imaging if I recall. The bass was the biggest difference though.
    No AM Stereo here in my neck of the woods when I had my TX-11a either (this was more than a decade ago)
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 27
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Been around since 1982

@pitdogg2 Where, when and how did you get your mitts on a TX-11b?!?!? :o
    JEALOUS!!!
    I bought it off eBay, I paid about $300 for it sold it for $400 on ebay.
    I went through a tuner phase,
    many Yamaha's silver analog, black digital ect.
    Carver, Kenwoods and Sansui's. I'm still in possession of a Sansui TU-719, it took a swim☹️😢.
    I got close to the big Sansui Tx-Tu 1 whatever it was, it definitely was a holy grail tuner. I'll be damned if I didn't miss it by $20 .... I hope that guy loved it 😉

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    I stalled an attic ladder so I can easily access all the boxes for the audio equipment stored above the garage. Cost like $500 with the plywood I added. Money well spent?!😂
  • stangman67
    Options
    My audio boxes are both contained in the unfinished cubby holes in my finished attic and in the basement. It’s a bit out of control. The Focal Kanta boxes are giant, I’m shocked I was able to store them without breaking em down.

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 887
    Options
    i421kas7nlti.jpg

Old photo before the drywall patching and priming but I'm renovating my bedroom.

Ripped up the God awful carpet, gonna paint today or tomorrow and install luxury vinyl plank flooring.

One problem that maybe you all could help me with: The subfloor is almost perfectly level but a couple nails are sticking up, and at some very specific points the seams between the subfloor panels are uneven.

Could I just drive screws into the areas which are uneven, sand the floor, and grind down the nail heads/sink them further in? Figured one of you guys would know the solution to this minor problem.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    You should probably put some 1/4" underlayment on top of that before you put "luxury" vinyl planks on.

Pull the problem nails and put decking screws in their place.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,426
    Options
    Gentlemen......the new site for Polkfest 2025....😀

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,625
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Gentlemen......the new site for Polkfest 2025....😀

Tom

You better have some good batteries, I’m off grid! :D
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,730
    Options
    Nice digs. Hopefully your power supply can handle more than a Polk Soundbar. B)

Started game-planning the XS-Dreadnaught...

ozk8p461nzii.png
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    3fb6rrbzj0i3.jpeg

Is this the cabin you were telling me you bring your victims? Good choice!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    3fb6rrbzj0i3.jpeg

Evil Dead 6(?)!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • stangman67
    Options
    Awesome cabin! That’s a dream get away from it all spot!

• Upstatemax
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »

9nkrh219kcuk.gif
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Awesome cabin! That’s a dream get away from it all spot!

Yeah, it's a great place to get away. No internet, no cell service...

It's also really close to some great mountain biking and right out the front door, I have access to miles upon miles of gravel roads when I want to ride my gravel bike.

This springs first project is cutting in a proper shooting range, archery and boom sticks.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    m3ibfg77eaqw.jpg
    sna2rv3d19x6.jpg

Here's the project now.

Paint turned out really nice! The color looks even better in person on the walls than it did on the paint chip. Most of the floor is done, just a few more rows and I've gotta go get some trim.

Never done trim before (or paint or flooring but I managed those well) so I'm gonna grab my Dad's miter saw and do my best, caulk the rest. Will need to buy a nail gun too.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,730
    Options
    Might want to at least put a plastic sheet barrier as underlayment. JM2C
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Honestly if it were me 1/4" launan mahogany underlayment would have been used on top of the OSB board. I've seen too many times, the OSB woodchip pattern can start showing through the vinyl on top (especially if glued) due to it's imperfect nature. This why you should always use a smooth surface underlayment on top of your OSB subfloor.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,715
    Options
    Well, in 2 years, that horrific, trendy gray crap will fall out of favor on Pinterest and tens of thousands of sheeple will be redecorating with the next godawful atrocity.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,207
    edited February 1
    Options
    When I did an adhesive vinyl tile job for someone many years ago I used 1/4" Baltic Birch (stapled down with seams mudded and sanded) because it doesn't have any voids. Luan Mahogany ply can have lots of voids in my experience but that might not be as much of an issue with a flooring product like Chris is using here. FWIW.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Onkyo A-8017 integrated
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,715
    Options

. . . . that might not be as much of an issue with a flooring product like the contractor Chris' parents hired is using here. FWIW.
    *fixed
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,054
    Options
    A new rack made from butcher block has been keeping me busy the past few days. Stained it light walnut today and tomorrow I'm hoping to start with the poly.
    gy92l61bk2u8.jpg
  • stangman67
    Options
    That looks very nice! Very excited to see the finished result

• ChrisD06
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    . . . . that might not be as much of an issue with a flooring product like the contractor Chris' parents hired is using here. FWIW.
    *fixed

No I'm genuinely doing this myself lol I wish I had hired a contractor because I'm EXHAUSTED