You’re doing it wrong…

Options

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    ghzi5o7jrgxd.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Yearly suspension replacement, tires and brakes monthly.
    I disabled signatures.
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    cwui74p5dl62.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    You're walking too fast!!! slow the heck down.
  • msg
    Options
    People who walk too fast on sidewalks deserve it when residents and shopkeepers throw hammers at them.
    I disabled signatures.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,196
    Options
    Around here, it would prevent those arsehats on the rental scooters from running over people!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • msg
    Options
    And make for some great YouTube compilations. Or The TikTok the kids are into these days.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    edited January 24
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    And make for some great YouTube compilations. Or The TikTok the kids are into these days.

How long before we start seeing YT fixed camera video of pedestrians who ignore "low clearance signs and walk into obstructions on sidewalks (like those 'low bridge' compilation videos)? :|

PS This is an artist's conception of those same people in a few decades...

y0do8wo4uokr.png

• mhardy6647
    Options
    meanwhile, from our budskis at ASR...
    0gqnt7r6qd1v.jpg
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    9tuiwbur4ps8.jpg
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    78ghccler3sl.jpg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    How on Earth did they do that with no damage to the body of the vehicle?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    How on Earth did they do that with no damage to the body of the vehicle?

Tom

It takes "skill" Tom
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    9tuiwbur4ps8.jpg
    That's going to be one very expensive tank of gas
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    I've just NEVER understood how one could do that....
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Social media brain rot.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    The hose is supposed to break away in a situation like that. A friend who owns a gas station tells me he has to replace broken hoses frequently due to morons pulling away with the handle still in the filler neck.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    9tuiwbur4ps8.jpg

Pretty sure my Crosstrek couldn't do that. :#
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    "You no pay fo gas, you no leave!"
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    9kzz76x3tnlk.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    ^^^ Eject!!! Eject!!!^^^
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    Options
    Photoshop

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited January 25
    Options
    No, that was real, I remember watching that race on Speed TV? Or maybe it was still Speedvision? Anyway, it was a simulcast Eurosport feed and they cut away to that camera after it had already happened.

That was a WHOA! moment!

The other one that's real even if it is grainy, is the race car disintegrating after hitting an animal running across the track.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Pucker factor 9
  • F1nut
    Options
    I stand corrected. So, that was Mark Webber in the video I thought was a Photoshop. Bet he changed his shorts.

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    I thought it was fake when I first saw it, too!

Man, aero can do some crazy stuff!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Jstas
    Options
    Yeah and IIRC, he was pretty badly injured and missed a bunch of the rest of that season from it. Fractured vertebrae or something along those lines. He ended up bailing on Mercedes after that, focusing only on European races 'cause he felt like they didn't care if he was injured or not.

The CLR race cars were known to have an aero problem and you can see from Clipdat's first video that it wasn't a single instance where a CLR went airborne for no apparent reason.

The next year Webber bailed almost completely because of Moore's death in October of 99 and refused to do anything but single seater racing in Europe. He was working out a ride for Formula 3000 when Jordan Gran Prix's financial backer snapped him up to do F3000 and also be an F1 tester for Eddie Jordan and Bennetton as well.

The rest is kinda history after that 'cause he was more successful when he moved to Bennetton after being courted. He had a successful year and was gunning for the championship when they had a series of car failures for 4 races in a row that knocked him out of the running.

But Arrows stuck him in a few test cars and he developed cars for Jensen Button and Giancarlo Fisichella and Button latter credited Webber with a larger portion of his success because of his talents in development work.

2002, Webber replaced Alonso for the first 3 races at Minardi and his career blew up from there.

So maybe that accident and souring of a relationship with Mercedes was probably the best thing to happen to him in retrospect

• Jstas
    Options
    The thing is, Webber's wreck wasn't even the actual race. It was the warm up laps which is why it was so jarring. I remember it delaying the start of the race and I actually missed it because I had to leave for work.

It wasn't the first time Webber went for a ride like that in that race either. The car flipped like that during qualifying too, which, again, was a big deal that the race announcers on TV freaked out about. Mercedes pulled some strings and wrenched all night to rebuild the #4 CLR overnight on a back up car's chassis.

So Webber went flipping twice within 48 hours of each other.

The reason why was this:
    The event saw three major crashes involving the team of Mercedes-Benz CLRs during qualifying and the race itself. The CLR had a very short wheelbase and a large amount of overhang (the bodywork outside the wheelbase), resulting in high pitch sensitivity. The amount of overhang and its resulting pitch sensitivity was enough to cause aerodynamic and chassis design flaws with the car. The large amount of overhang allowed for amounts of air to build up underneath the nose of the car, and the amount of air that built up underneath the CLR thanks to the car's frontal pitch being high enough was enough to imbalance the frontal aerodynamics, giving this section more lift than downforce, which allowed the car to take off into the air, especially when following another car and at the tops of hills, when a car's front pitch is at its highest- such as on the run to Indianapolis and on the Mulsanne Straight.[/qoute]