Options
    Or re-quoting all the photos just to say "Nice!"
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Yeah, that. That's what I meant.
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Or re-quoting all the photos just to say "Nice!"
    I'm gonna start breaking up my responses when I quote. Some above, some below. And when it's longer on the back side, that's called The Mullet.
    I disabled signatures.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    edited January 5
    Options
    Are those the ones that were just on eBay @Clipdat? I was drooling over those
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Good catch… reel that glossy sucker in.

Congrats!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Thanks! No idea what to expect but hopefully they sound as good as they look.

Seller stated they only have 20 hours at most on them, so to treat them as new and allow for plenty of break-in time.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    The Mini-X is fantastic, but asking them to sound as good as they look may be a tall order. Those are beautiful.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    The BE 718’s and nothing short of amazing ! Using mine for rear surround duty and they never disappoint! They aren’t as shiny but they are the Tiny Dancers
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    I have Usher bookies on my bucket list when I tire of the L200s.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Congratulations Drew, hopefully they sound as good as they look B)

Not to distract from this thread, but the relatively new 50th Anniversary UA-50 looks to be very nice as well.

https://usheraudio.com.tw/portfolio-item/ua-50/
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I still do it sometimes! Sometimes it makes more sense. Like, if it's a brief response.

The one that kills me is when people quote a big photos post just to post a 3 word response.

"A picture is worth a thousand words,"... but a small picture is worth three words. ;)
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    u2iznd7nx4gr.jpg
    That is profound.
    I disabled signatures.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    Options
    speaker review?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    The people want to know 🎩
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Clipdat
    Options
    They sound good. Real good.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    I know you’re gonna dig them but If you get tired of them , I’ll be back home in a couple of months and I’ll take them off your hands! I just love my BE 718’s and couldn’t ask for better surrounds ! 🤔

Congratulations buddy !
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I actually haven't had a ton of time to listen to them yet, but I will log some more hour soon and report back with some initial impressions.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,053
    Options
    I believe current acceptable review waiting period is 4 hours
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I’m mad jealous Drew. I’ve always moved the look of the Mini Dancer series. I was ready to pull the trigger on a set of MD2’s when I got some advice to go elsewhere. They are an absolutely gorgeous speaker line. If and when you want to sell those, put me at the top of your list for consideration
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Joey_V
    Options
    How is the sound
    What’s the verdict?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • rs350z
    rs350z Posts: 1
    Options
    A little late here. I’ve owned the mini x’s for years and they are a great speaker. I actually own the usher x-towers which are comprised of the mini-x for the top and ushers bass modules that the mini-x’s sit on. Look at the YouTube of the x-towers at rmaf. I bought these over the be-10’s because it would offer me choices in the future. When I bought the x-towers, I had a custom built audio room that was 27’ x 18’ x 15’ and these x-towers filled the room easily with the 11” Eaton woofers.
    The we moved to a new smaller house with a 16’ x 12’ x 8’ dedicated room. The usher bass modules are just too much for this smaller room so I am running the mini-x by themselves with a subwoofer. The dmd diamond tweeter is fantastic, much better than the be or silk tweeters.

I’ve owned 6 different pairs of usher speakers which include the mini dancer ii’s with the dmd tweeter.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    Options
    Hey man, welcome to Club Polk!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    That was a sneaky way to get me to search for those bass modules and find his for sale thread lol…I would love to have those but yer a wee bit too far away…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Joey_V
    Options
    @rs350z
    Wow
    Superb room dimensions! You are lucky!
    Post pics if you can