Usher Dancer Mini-X Diamond

Options

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    Options
    I do not. When you "experience" her on a full range system?

Holy crap, Batman....

You will have a complete 180 degree turnaround. Mark my words. You don't know what you don't know until you know what you didn't know before. But when you know? Oh, damn, you will know.

It will be an "audiophile" listening session.

If you are not there yet? Well, best of luck to you and we will be here to help you get to that point.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    All good as long as Tom doesn’t put on his dancing shoes
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,623
    Options
    I don't like her music and I never will. And trust me I've already experienced equal or deeper bass than whatever her ghostwriter producer is putting into her tracks for her.
  • treitz3
    Options
    I did not like her music either, Drew....

Until I "heard" it. Big difference.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Ok you're right, I'm wrong.
  • treitz3
    Options
    *sigh*

It's not like that bro'.

Things are what they are. I'm just telling it like I have experienced it. At one point, I did not like her as well. My apologies if I implied that I was putting you down or trying to embarrass you in any way, shape or form.

My only intention was to relay what my experience has been. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tom
  • Clipdat
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I LOVE my tiny dancers with the beryllium tweets and diy dual sub-stands. DIRAC Live integrates it very well, so bass heavy music is not a problem (basically flat to 25 hz with the calibration). I have been tempted to try to newer version with the DMD tweeter…hmm too back it’s local pickup only…

USAM seller confirms no original boxes/packaging, so it's a hard pass.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,135
    Options
    They seem a tad overpriced anyway…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,093
    Options
    I loved, absolutely loved, my MD2’s with the diamond tweeter, but my Rosso Fiesole are better by a pretty good margin (and they should be based on price.)

That being said, Usher is one of the best bang for buck out there IMO. I still have 6311’s and the matching center in my HT.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,881
    Options
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    Options
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,112
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Those do look nice, need a few more bolts on that terminal plate
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Those look nice! Very cool.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,197
    Options
    Always liked the Usher look. The Walnut Mini Dancers are so damn beautiful
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,990
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »

Those are exactly what I have. Got local for a good bit cheaper a couple years ago…but man is shipping expensive right now…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 863
    Options

Those are the speakers that started me down the road away from my Polks.
  • marvda1
    Options

Those are exactly what I have. Got local for a good bit cheaper a couple years ago…but man is shipping expensive right now…

It's free shipping.
    Puritan PSM156
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,990
    Options

It's free shipping.

I know but I grabbed my locally for hundreds less...that's a heavy shipping fee...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Well, I will be trying these soon after all, because I'm a sucker for a high gloss exotic veneer.
    muld6ffzqdo4.jpg
    fwz6lak7psi5.jpg
    f9wdvf5r6azb.jpg
    vwgkaukwdmy4.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,631
    Options
    Those are very pretty B)
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I thought so too.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,112
    Options
    beautiful! You will have an enormous collection!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,524
    Options
    That ebony is gorgeous. I see that it’s an extra $640.
  • marvda1
    Options
    Usher, the gateway drug. o:)
    Puritan PSM156
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,507
    Options
    You are dead to me.
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Well, I will be trying these soon after all, because I'm a sucker for a high gloss exotic veneer.

I disabled signatures.
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    Options
    Wow those speakers are beautiful
  • Clipdat
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    You are dead to me.

Where did you learn how to reply?
  • msg
    Options
    There. I fixed yours.
    msg wrote: »
    You are dead to me.
    There. I fixed yours.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Ugh.... @Clipdat , I know you took a ribbing, but honestly bro, it drove us nuts

Especially reading from a cell phone. Glad you can look back and joke about it now
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    edited January 5
    Options
    I still do it sometimes! Sometimes it makes more sense. Like, if it's a brief response.

The one that kills me is when people quote a big photos post just to post a 3 word response.
    I disabled signatures.