crossover frequencies: 2.3 kHz
weight: 34lb
dimensions (w x d x h): 10.2in x 15.3in x 17.1in

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,140
    Options
    purdy
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,647
    edited January 2023
    Options
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,204
    Options
    Should be plenty of Usher experience here as Usher was once Skip’s speaker of choice to sell to everyone.

Funny story albeit a bit off topic. When I bought my Kantas, I wanted to buy some Mini Dancer II’s from Skip and he didn’t want to sell them to me because he thought Rosso outpaced them by an astronomical amount. Still curious about the Rosso Volterras from those conversations with Skip

Anyway sorry for the off topic stream of conscious
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Clipdat
    Options
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,204
    Options
    Oh come on Drew…
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Clipdat
    Options
    That guy is a hamburglar, he's worse than Andrew Jones.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,135
    Options
    I owned the MD II's before Skip was a dealer and so did Marvin
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    Options
    Ohhh those coils are not positioned right, let me go find the Facebook armada to include the link that shows the proper placement
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Ohhh those coils are not positioned right, let me go find the Facebook armada to include the link that shows the proper placement

OH NOES
    owdqb3mumjxe.png
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    Options
    Heard them at skips a few times.

Quite good.

What are you looking to do or move up from
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Clipdat
    edited January 2023
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Cool, do you think these would be worth checking out for the hell of it? Someone locally is selling a pair for $1,600 in excellent condition.
    Joey_V wrote: »

Quite good.

Just curious how they sound.
  • VR3
    Options
    Do it!!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,882
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Cool, do you think these would be worth checking out for the hell of it? Someone locally is selling a pair for $1,600 in excellent condition.
    Joey_V wrote: »

Quite good.

Just curious how they sound.

my story is i owned the md II'2 as my main speakers and was looking for speakers for my secondary system. i bought the rosso fiesoles and they were so close in sound to my main speakers i called skip within a couple of days to ask how much would it cost to move up to the volterras. well, i traded in my md II's and the rest is history.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    They do have a great sound for Jazz, Classical, and vocals. If you are going to run techno or Rock like AC/DC
    Then no I would pass
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Clipdat
    Options
    Yeah, I like electronic music. Tweeter too bright?
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,882
    Options
    take a six pack over to the seller's place and give them a listen.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Clipdat
    Options
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Yeah, I like electronic music. Tweeter too bright?

Not enough bottom end...I used to play Lindsey Sterling on them and that was decent with a sub

• Clipdat
    Options
    Interesting, I won't bother with these then. Thanks.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,999
    Options
    I LOVE my tiny dancers with the beryllium tweets and diy dual sub-stands. DIRAC Live integrates it very well, so bass heavy music is not a problem (basically flat to 25 hz with the calibration). I have been tempted to try to newer version with the DMD tweeter…hmm too back it’s local pickup only…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I did ask him if he had the original boxes, as this would be the determining factor anyway. Still awaiting a response.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    They play beautiful music

• Clipdat
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hahah. Stop messing with my head! :)

Been digging these Contour S1.4 LE still!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Hahah. Stop messing with my head! :)

Been digging these Contour S1.4 LE still!

Now you're talking about my favorite speaker company. The Dyn Confidence C1 Sig II's I own still today, won't get rid of them. What they can do is enigmatic for a bookie speaker. Owned the C4's, hated to get rid of them as they were awesome but the system took up a lot of space and was utilized very little.

I do see a pair the newest Contour 60i's coming into my future in a couple years.

• Clipdat
    Options
    Yeah honestly I was not expecting these Contour S1.4 LE to sound as good as they do.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,168
    Options
    Those would make great rear surrounds!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • VR3
    Options
    Review for the ushers?
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    My C1 II's hold their own with bass. When I had them in my room at LSAF years ago I put Depeche Mode - Welcome to My World and most thought I had a sub in the room.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,455
    Options
    Lindsey Sterling.....Oh man.

If you can't "experience" her? IMO, why freakin' bother?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I'd like to experience her on "mute", if you know what I mean.