Anybody besides me buy themselves Christmas presents this year?

Options
2»

Comments

• smartie_panta
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Bought myself a Gozney dome pizza oven! Love it, pics of it with some results

Awesome!!!!
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I picked up a couple of items to get thru the weekend.

8ac7w5o0l9dd.jpeg
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Woodford Reserve is good stuff. Went to the distillery once. They let us taste test as much as we wanted.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    charley96 wrote: »
    Hope the realization is greater than the anticipation when I fire this up in a few days. Never tried Wagyu before.6461d0nh4kt1.jpeg

I'm eagerly awaiting your results . . .

@treitz3 did you notice? If you talk to Jonny, ask him about this outfit and please report back . . . thanks!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »

Merry Christmas to all of the Mr. and Mrs. Santy Clauses out there in Polkville. Best wishes to all.

Tom

It's not over 'til the phat lady sings . . . Kassandra ll Ref just hit the market today

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650053512-aries-cerat-kassandra-ii-reference-dac/

this listing just went pending

that was Quick . . . @treitz3 . . . DIDJA ??
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • CottageChz
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »

8ac7w5o0l9dd.jpeg

Yum, have heard good things about the batch proof, but the state stores in PA want a stupid amount of money for it
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,344
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Merry Christmas to all of the Mr. and Mrs. Santy Clauses out there in Polkville. Best wishes to all.

Tom

It's not over 'til the phat lady sings . . . Kassandra ll Ref just hit the market today

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650053512-aries-cerat-kassandra-ii-reference-dac/

this listing just went pending

that was Quick . . . @treitz3 . . . DIDJA ??

Hehe....no. Too rich for me. The ANK won't be going anywhere anytime soon. It has outstanding synergy within my rig.

Besides, I have yet to even hear one. There might be one I could audition at next year's SWAF but even then....that's a lot of coin.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    CottageChz wrote: »
    tratliff wrote: »

8ac7w5o0l9dd.jpeg

Yum, have heard good things about the batch proof, but the state stores in PA want a stupid amount of money for it

Yeah. Not really a great deal here in Texas either. Think it was $149.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • GlennDog
    Options
    nutt'n beats synergy . . . just like groov'n with the perfect lady!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    qn24ihwf7fkv.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    I couldn't help myself also upgraded my keyboard to a Blackwidow V4 75% mechanical w/hot swappable key caps & switches to go with the new mouse. I sure spent a lot for a keyboard and mouse but they feel sooo nice.

k3jhnzd1erxq.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Got myself a Steam Deck OLED & Razer DeathAdder V3 Pro

Merry Christmas!

Wuzzup Josh??

Merry Christmas Ron!

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Bought myself a Gozney dome pizza oven! Love it, pics of it with some results

k8q6d46e8mfd.jpeg
    d63c4m2j3wal.jpeg
    rz1h4brey8s2.jpeg

You don't use your kamado Joe for pizzas? Love mine for that!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    Options
    I have used the KJ but the results left a lot to be desired. The KJ will work but ain’t nothing like a proper pizza oven at 900 deg. In general I don’t use the KJ all that much anymore. My Pitts and Spitts pellet pooper has taken much of the workload off the KJ. It’s just too damn easy, not nearly as fun but time is money nowadays for me
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Nightfall
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I have used the KJ but the results left a lot to be desired. The KJ will work but ain’t nothing like a proper pizza oven at 900 deg. In general I don’t use the KJ all that much anymore. My Pitts and Spitts pellet pooper has taken much of the workload off the KJ. It’s just too damn easy, not nearly as fun but time is money nowadays for me

If they don't cook a Digiorno pan crust or Tombstone well, both very gourmet by the way, I'm not interested.

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    Options
    Hey I don’t hate on some digiornos!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    Yeah I did. I got a New Guitar amp and Cabinet, which. I got another EVH 5150 III 50 watt 6L6 head and cabinet. I owned V1 back in the day and now V2.
    Here is the original one I owned back before they fixed channel 1 and 2 volume and gain issues.

na0i74wm5qah.jpeg

Also got a new Multi effects unit that Came out just a few years ago. I'm a big Tc Electronics fan and this unit is pretty awesome.
    if1eyp4ge688.jpeg
    votyfr855kqf.jpeg
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    nvpg6y4pisgu.jpeg
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    8wmlyy9rneuk.jpg
    First Watt Aleph J
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 306
    Options
    Bought myself an AfterDark PROJECT CLAYX GIESEMANN CUSTOM OCXO BY AUDIOPHILE - PROJECT ALPHA - external clock for my ER
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    After buying my lovely wife and two bright college kids presents I could not resist some of the sales!
    Bought myself some corded IEM’s for walking the doggies three miles a day and some new AKG cans for $89.99 and a new Husky tool box for half price at $758.00
    Love yours. D3426za4qyduo.png
    s9yrdnel3xkg.png
    sqgr76k4bgks.png
    p6ovu3t6i7gd.png
    c8loohqas0uq.png

Well done!! Dig the tool box!!!
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    Lol....since I'm unaffected by any WAF, I'm free to buy myself Christmas presents year-round :D however I did pick this up and so glad Costco sells it....Some good 'ol corn squeezins made right here in Blanco County not too far from Johnson City and Fredericksburg TX......

4tifxzv4ti7e.jpg
    mgtaxoqs17ou.jpg

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    I bought myself a Porcupine Tree album from HDTracks and a pack of socks :D .
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)