Anybody besides me buy themselves Christmas presents this year?

Options
After buying my lovely wife and two bright college kids presents I could not resist some of the sales!
Bought myself some corded IEM’s for walking the doggies three miles a day and some new AKG cans for $89.99 and a new Husky tool box for half price at $758.00
Love yours. D3426za4qyduo.png
s9yrdnel3xkg.png
sqgr76k4bgks.png
p6ovu3t6i7gd.png
c8loohqas0uq.png
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Not the ones I bought. But a online pic for reference. But I brought a pair of JBL 4638TH speakers with horns and 2445J compression drivers home last weekend. Mine are in better condition than the ones in this pic though.

h83gjsouzxeo6s8ol4bt.jpg
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Merry Christmas to you guys.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Santa Rob is looking at a new welder.....

https://www.lincolnelectric.com/en/products/k3963-1
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    edited December 2023
    Options
    j9hzrubvznse.jpg
    I'm sort of a low to mid-fi guy when it comes to booze. Mostly have it around for guests. This should last me through Christmas 2025!!! The Irish Cream won't, I enjoy that stuff! :)

EDIT: I'm actually considering one of these. The DeGritter is just out of my "willing to spend" range.
    Any thoughts from anyone about these lower-priced ultrasonics? Thank you!

https://www.vevor.com/ultrasonic-cleaner-c_11064/6l-ultrasonic-vinyl-record-cleaner-cleaning-machine-complete-w-drying-rack-p_010265133877
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    Options
    Well, for me it was the USB cable, SSD and the Jitterbug FMJ. I would have gotten more but I decided to get the family a new dishwasher instead. That Samsung POS is outta here! Went to a Bosch this time. Fingers crossed that it won't be a complete lemon like the Samsung.

I'm looking forward to a 42Db dishwasher. The Samsung wasn't bad in that department but this Bosch is even quieter. That's 4Db higher than the average ambient noise floor just taken. We'll see....

Merry Christmas to all of the Mr. and Mrs. Santy Clauses out there in Polkville. Best wishes to all.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    No presents for me I have been bad this year!
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Merry Christmas to all of the Mr. and Mrs. Santy Clauses out there in Polkville. Best wishes to all.

Tom

It's not over 'til the phat lady sings . . . Kassandra ll Ref just hit the market today

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650053512-aries-cerat-kassandra-ii-reference-dac/

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Lately I've been roll'n rectifiers and I just sprung for a Riccardo Kron 5U4G

here's a link for reference ... not the one I purchased

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649522155-kr-5u4g-tube-riccardo-kron-limited-series/images/2259496/
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Finally got the Hana EL, and got a new headshell to mount it on, too. Just waiting for the slipmat to come in next Tuesday, then I’ll get everything mounted up and rockin’ next weekend. 14uagqx0dcbx.jpeg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,879
    Options
    We share bank accounts so we basically buy our own gifts.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    Got myself a Steam Deck OLED & Razer DeathAdder V3 Pro

Merry Christmas!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Got myself a Steam Deck OLED & Razer DeathAdder V3 Pro

Merry Christmas!

Wuzzup Josh??
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Are those akg k712's the ebay ones from China?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Just got a Salamander 🦎 entertainment stand and a Legacy Audio Silverscreen center channel speaker to sonically match my Victorias.

The infinitely adjustable shelves will come in handy as system changes occur. But have to clear out the old stands and assemble the new one.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_537SL30BB/Salamander-Designs-Synergy-System-SL30B-Black-Black-Posts.html#&gid=1&pid=1

https://tmraudio.com/speakers/center-speakers/legacy-audio-silverscreen-hd-center-channel-speaker/?sku=1765newLGCY-RO&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkpiVg5KigwMVMp5aBR1smgBdEAQYASABEgJtqfD_BwE
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,520
    Options
    I got my wife and son a couple of Japanese nakiri (vegetable) knives. So I got myself a sujihiki (meat carving) knife. I’m including several band-aids in the box when I wrap them. I’m also looking at a better espresso machine for myself.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    Cordoba Mini II FMH - Mini classical guitar. Only 2.4 lbs. Mellow, balanced sound.
    youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2lGPrQ-Y8
    youtube.com/watch?v=CjB0YJyZyLs
    78pifhvexoev.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,133
    Options
    We kept it pretty tame this year, but I’ve got a new backpacking tent waiting under the tree.
    poax61ih6z6o.jpeg

https://durstongear.com/products/x-mid-1-tent-ultralight-backpacking

Audio stuff has almost become too big for Santa, lol. Hopefully I’ll be able to upgrade power cables later this year. We’ll see how well I can fight off temptation to add an acoustic guitar to the lineup.

Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Never ever thought I would see a 28 oz. tent when I first started hiking years ago....cool! I think the poly tarp that I used probably weighed more than that.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • xschop
    Options
    Santa Rob's making a list....

ddgfcrow5946.jpg

• BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Darryl, a great topic as I have a long history of doing that.

Today, I am buying this for myself. I did it last year and it lasted quite a long time.

olabt2gqbxbk.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,602
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    j9hzrubvznse.jpg

Since @msg’s Aldi’s hot sauce was such a good find, I picked up some of that cocktail sauce after you posted it. The BIL always has a big ol’ pile of boiled shrimp to snack on before Christmas dinner and his homemade sauce is pretty solid, but I thought I’d bring this along this year to change it up a little.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • charley96
    Options
    Hope the realization is greater than the anticipation when I fire this up in a few days. Never tried Wagyu before.6461d0nh4kt1.jpeg
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Wagyu hamburger? What will they think of next. They're throwing that word around like "Black Friday".
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    edited December 2023
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Bought myself a Gozney dome pizza oven! Love it, pics of it with some results

Atta boy!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • xschop
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Bought myself a Gozney dome pizza oven! Love it, pics of it with some results

k8q6d46e8mfd.jpeg
    d63c4m2j3wal.jpeg
    rz1h4brey8s2.jpeg

Damn Skippy results too.😉
  • xschop
    Options
    Had to go get enough for the 12 Days of Christmas....

1ma3f7cz6ogs.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    Had to go get enough for the 12 Days of Christmas....

1ma3f7cz6ogs.jpg

Appropriately named…. There were quite a few shiners handed out at parties when I was a kid. My grandfather would hand them out to anyone that got within a hundred feet of him.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson