• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    edited December 2023
    Options
  • Toolfan66
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I have been working on these for sometime now, I said I was going to have fun with this set, I wasn’t out to refurbish these to a stock look (boring) I doubt I would have done this to a minty stock set, but they had seen better days.
    I was just going to get them up and running and hang them in the garage.
    I also figured this would be a great opportunity to try out Rob’s phase plugs, he was kind enough to make it happen for me.
    I just finished these to this point today, and have not hooked them up to give them a listen, I will do it tomorrow..

I’m all in to hear what you have to say about them good, bad or otherwise. I want honest feedback. I can take it.. 🤪
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,346
    Options
    Larry....are you on the sauce?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Larry

Those are VH-Fan-Tastic

I know we usually crucify "franken-polks"....but IMHO those are done very well and a great tribute to VH and the Polk Audio Monitor 7 era

t9su02u7rqm5.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    Should we do my 4s in a Tool theme?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Amazing attention to detail! Love 'em!!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,346
    Options
    p745kp29cez9.png

In my defense....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    I knew you had to be up to something with all the VH refs lately! but had no idea it would turn out to be something like this.
    Friggin' awesome project!

Note to self: If I ever need someone to keep something secret, tell Larry.

What a great tribute. I, too, love all the little details, both VH and the actual speaker and stands fab stuff. The little jumping Eddie is a cool topper.

When do the Eruption 1.2TLs and 2.3TLs start shipping?

I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    The back plate & ID plate are very nice.

• Toolfan66
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    p745kp29cez9.png

In my defense....

Tom

No need to edit, I can take it, 🤪 Especially from you Tom.
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 525
    Options
    vxvowf8jx5uh.jpg

Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Did you guys know that Eddie Van Halen buried one of his original guitars with Dimebag Darrell.

RIP Dime another master of the craft

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Caught me off guard. Thought you were doing them in xschop-esque truck bedliner and billet. :) But these are damn cool too B) I just want to know how Dave's "Lil Dreamer" sounds on them. Beautiful work and theme execution. Very nice surprise, Larry.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Dude! Those are awesome! In with 15!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    Options
    Who forged the name?

😁
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Did you guys know that Eddie Van Halen buried one of his original guitars with Dimebag Darrell.

RIP Dime another master of the craft

I did know this, and inside a KISS casket..
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Who forged the name?

😁

The Van Halen badges?
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Who forged the name?

😁

The Van Halen badges?

Ah, The Eddie Van Halen Signature, I finally got a cup of coffee in me.. LOL!!!

eBay, I was just looking for ideas, and I wanted to find something cool for the VH logo, and I ran across his sig in a vinyl sticker, had to have em.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    Very Cool.
    Randy/Maine
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 863
    Options
    Different…but absolutely Awesome!!!
  • Toolfan66
    edited December 2023
    Options
    kfwc719mhlvc.jpeg
    uzhozdyx8s4y.jpeg
    zd9rb1cakrvt.jpeg
    r1xnhw7fvce5.jpeg
    aox4nyep2gt8.jpeg
    ceifl36tyiop.jpeg
    Post edited by Toolfan66 on
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Epic build.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Lots of time well spent!
    No rocks left unturned.
    You really went all in.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Very cool! Looks way better then the klipsch McLaren series of stuff!
    Nice work.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    f77mf1l3l554.jpg

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson