Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,603
    Options
    A core sample from the Indianapolis Speedway track surface showing 108 years of paving history starting with the original brick:

zl6rv6o1a3cu.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Another Atlanta holiday tradition has officially come to an end: the annual Rich's (Macy’s) Great Tree Lighting ceremony. The event has always been held on Thanksgiving Day evening. The event was not held this year.

The annual Great Tree Lighting debuted in 1948 at Rich’s in downtown Atlanta when the store placed a 75-foot tree on the roof. It later moved to a multi-level glass bridge between the two Rich's buildings. Estimates of crowds at the event would often exceed 100,000. The imagery became so iconic, Time magazine used it on its cover in 1961.
    m7gpzhk03zz9.png
    r6t12d0e548b.png

When Rich's closed in 1991, the event was moved to Underground Atlanta for several years and then to the Macy's store at Lenox Square in Buckhead. Performers who have lit the tree in past years have included Kenny Rogers, Trisha Yearwood, Alicia Keys, Usher, Peabo Bryson, Edwin McCain, Trace Adkins and Jordin Sparks.

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    tzqkzstn0c6z.jpg
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    kz2k1rhzy6e1.png

NASA's Orion capsule captured this footage of its reentry to Earth's atmosphere on Dec. 11, 2022, at the end of the Artemis 1 moon mission.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    If I already posted these I apologize in advance..

jewg9jpmsn8u.jpeg
    jo4k2r16yj6z.jpeg

That’s one crazy deck, who made that?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Looks like a Sony.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Yorx Studio Center
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,695
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »

That’s one crazy deck, who made that?

It's a Yorx 2600. Top shelf gear . . . . at Kmart anyway.

ka96wp0npcbd.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options
    w129wa2d3awn.jpg

The Über-Yorx. :)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,695
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    The Über-Yorx. :)

Soundesign or nothing. Period.

5f1n919thwb7.jpg
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    VCM tube tester:

dm3hufw3vfg2.png
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options
    ^^^ splendid.

Now, I should probably feel guilty for following that with these.

psozbp699irn.jpg

tbpe553mgyz1.jpg

"probably" :#

(both seen on ASR)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    Options
    VCM tube tester:

dm3hufw3vfg2.png

Those are supposed to be the cats meow. Are they Russian? Most of the Russian tube sellers I've bought from have a very very similar tester in their pictures.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited December 2023
    Options
    bh5l1458exnk.jpg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited December 2023
    Options
    doylaogon29f.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Beautiful shot Ken!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    Options
    xbqnukrdl3rc.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    edited December 2023
    Options
    v3ajyzy8d9zt.jpg

Sunrise this morning over Mt Rainier

Beautiful… until Rainier decides to start passing gas. >:) 😄😎What a beautiful place to live Ken
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    A core sample from the Indianapolis Speedway track surface showing 108 years of paving history starting with the original brick:

zl6rv6o1a3cu.jpeg

Racetrack material.....is it wrong to be slightly aroused????
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    v3ajyzy8d9zt.jpg

Sunrise this morning over Mt Rainier

Killer shot.....not too many things I miss about the NW but that is certainly one of them. Spent a lot of time up on that mountain. And like nooshinjohn implied, hopefully she doesn't do a Mt St Helens repeat....speaking of, got a ride in two seater T-33 when I was enlisted....the pilot banked us right over the mouth of St Helens after she blew and it was still trickling smoke months afterwards....I rigged the chutes for the T-33's and the F-106's, the only reason I got the ride was to see if I was willing to fly with my own chute....which I did......suckers.......lol
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    @ken brydson this pic of the NW isn't as majestic as yours.....Seattle International Raceway....the yellow R1 took me out on my GSX-R1000......a low speed crash around 65mph or so, got the dirt cleaned off and made the second race about an hour later....neither one of us sustained any injuries...

s46q75pamyqs.jpg

• BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    p70ed7epzbat.png
    The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower transits through the Suez Canal on Nov. 4, 2023. | Officer Samantha Alaman/U.S. Navy via DVIDS
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA