Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,426
    Options
    Awe man, I used to love those Akai mini's. As a kid, those were the bee's knees!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I remember those, it adds an echo to whatever is fed to it. I think they had a few receivers with the same thing added. I believe it uses a group of transistors arranged in such a way to cause delay called a "bucket" circuit. The same circuit is in a Sony TC850 deck and believe it or not, when used with common sense it's not bad.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I have no clue to what this is, but looks cool..

ape5pxwoinys.jpg

Added reverb or expansion so to speak. Very big in the late 70's to early 80's. I had a pioneer reverb machine and my Kenwood GE1100 EQ had reverb. I found them some what useful but too much and it was all echo,echo,echo...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    Likely his last meal, hope he enjoys it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    am5tmhqmhl2h.jpg

Scott reminds me of the umbrella babes.

I removed that unnecessary comma.

LOL Dude!!! You should have been there back in the day, the girls would come to my pits at lunch to see who would be my umbrella babe that weekend....the choice was always easy, who ever filled out my ex lg shirts the best got the job :D
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • treitz3
    Options
    i946kx3yf3j7.jpeg

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    itrxduv1c5jm.jpeg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,958
    Options
    I will take the LSIM series please.. B)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,885
    Options

Where is the surround bar?
  • treitz3
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

Apparently, Rosie O'Donnell didn't make the cut. They couldn't fit all of her in the photos.

Tom

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,714
    Options
    Here is the sound bar.

It doesn't work.

uv16sc4ovtp5.jpg
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,958
    Options
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    "Tandem Bike"
    9vlu6lzbqrlr.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,105
    Options

ape5pxwoinys.jpg

It's a spring reverb for "hifi" :) Adds depth and spaciousness, without that pesky multi-channel or Atmos stuff. :#

Most of the big Japanese brands offered them for a surprisingly long time. Pioneer & Sansui's had the highest visibility.
    Heck I have one of the very early 1970s Pioneer reverbs here. :p

Meanwhile...

pvf2mfboku43.jpeg
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,629
    edited November 2023
    Options
    "Tandem Bike"

Looks like something my FIL would’ve built. Maybe it’s just the angle, but it looks like it’s in need of a front end alignment.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    Options
    What it looks like when you can "see" the image your rig offers...

diwwtrmbkbzh.jpeg

Tom
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,110
    Options
    toqz8jbygtqy.jpg

Not a fair fight.

• aprazer402
    Options
    uephaiqtn19z.png

I really don't pay that much attention when trimming asparagus.

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,629
    Options
    I don't pay attention to any of that on our asparagus rose bushes. I hate them too much to be that careful.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    4i9hqn1bck3i.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,137
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    What it looks like when you can "see" the image your rig offers...

diwwtrmbkbzh.jpeg

Tom

My image is much clearer than that...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

In his pants.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    edited November 2023
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

ape5pxwoinys.jpg

It's a spring reverb for "hifi" :) Adds depth and spaciousness, without that pesky multi-channel or Atmos stuff. :#

Most of the big Japanese brands offered them for a surprisingly long time. Pioneer & Sansui's had the highest visibility.

Heck I have one of the very early 1970s Pioneer reverbs here. :p

I still have a couple Sansui reverb/EQ units from back in the 80s. Rad little pieces of kit. Never seen that JVC model before and I'd like to have one for my collection.
  • aprazer402
    Options
    57x9jo5gkx9c.jpg

The reverb components for my Fisher 800B.