Anxiety

Options
124»

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,059
    Options
    AlphaBrain is probably one of the best on the market. I don't feel any steps ahead of anyone. Man I'm still in the thick of this thing and I take it one day at a time.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    AlphaBrain is probably one of the best on the market. I don't feel any steps ahead of anyone. Man I'm still in the thick of this thing and I take it one day at a time.

You're definitely steps ahead. The biggest thing is that you're actively working on it and doing what you can, not many people can say that.

One day at a time is alright man, whatever pace suits your fancy. It gets better, might not be fast, but it does 🙏
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Oh wow, I missed this post as I haven't been around here much over the last year or two. Sorry you @mantis are going through this. I too suffer from anxiety. If I look back to my childhood I was always a nervous, bashful, and shy kid. However, none of that compares to the first bad panic attack in '86. It was my second year in college, I'd just finished an algebra quiz and stopped for a drink of water. I felt a little off and my throat was dry but this was the start of the life changing event.

For me at that time it got out of control and I had to leave school and go back home. Over the following weeks, months I had some real bad attacks while driving and started to develop phobias. It was a fear of driving at first then it became the fear of going out to places, etc. The panic disorder was not as wide spread or well known back then however, my mom was a head nurse at a mental clinic and a resident Dr. there doing research. I ended up seeing him and he provided medical and some psychotherapy treatment. It took a lot of time to regain control of my life. I took a lot of different meds and natural supplements, etc. over the years. Overall, I was majorly affected during my twenties (30's even) and I felt I lost a piece of myself. Yet, we learn to cope and move forward; its a process.

One thing I did when I was having phobias was ride my bike. At first I could only go a block or two but kept trying and progressed to a mile. There was a bike shop in my neighborhood and I starting hanging out there. Eventually I started working there, riding more, purchased my first good road bike, and participated in weekly long distance club rides, etc. https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/1929464/#Comment_1929464

Today, I still have anxiety but its mild and no where near what I went through in my youth. I don't take meds for it and better understand my body, mind, and spirit and how to ward off attacks. The key is having balance in your life, and using mind of matter. Tell yourself its just an attack, clear your mind, do breathing exercises, and take control.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • mantis
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    Oh wow, I missed this post as I haven't been around here much over the last year or two. Sorry you @mantis are going through this. I too suffer from anxiety. If I look back to my childhood I was always a nervous, bashful, and shy kid. However, none of that compares to the first bad panic attack in '86. It was my second year in college, I'd just finished an algebra quiz and stopped for a drink of water. I felt a little off and my throat was dry but this was the start of the life changing event.

For me at that time it got out of control and I had to leave school and go back home. Over the following weeks, months I had some real bad attacks while driving and started to develop phobias. It was a fear of driving at first then it became the fear of going out to places, etc. The panic disorder was not as wide spread or well known back then however, my mom was a head nurse at a mental clinic and a resident Dr. there doing research. I ended up seeing him and he provided medical and some psychotherapy treatment. It took a lot of time to regain control of my life. I took a lot of different meds and natural supplements, etc. over the years. Overall, I was majorly affected during my twenties (30's even) and I felt I lost a piece of myself. Yet, we learn to cope and move forward; its a process.

One thing I did when I was having phobias was ride my bike. At first I could only go a block or two but kept trying and progressed to a mile. There was a bike shop in my neighborhood and I starting hanging out there. Eventually I started working there, riding more, purchased my first good road bike, and participated in weekly long distance club rides, etc. https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/1929464/#Comment_1929464

Today, I still have anxiety but its mild and no where near what I went through in my youth. I don't take meds for it and better understand my body, mind, and spirit and how to ward off attacks. The key is having balance in your life, and using mind of matter. Tell yourself its just an attack, clear your mind, do breathing exercises, and take control.

I had no idea so many people suffer from anxiety. I never understood what it meant to have an issue with it until I got covid and then long covid in 2020-2021. I had a mild attack this morning trying to get a lot of work done. I had a lot of clients needing attention and it piled up on me, it felt like I had no ability to sort it out and put it in any kind of order. Since having Anxiety from Covid, I now need to put things in order. Do one thing at a time and I'm fine. If I try to take to many things a once, I get a mild attack. I had to take some CBD oil earlier to handle the stress.

I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, sucks man we all just want to live our lives, enjoy each others company etc.
    Dan
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Do your CBD supplements also have high THC? I was taking them for 2 years a while ago and I ended up developing anxiety without them (when they wore off or I didnt take them) and my doctor told me to stop taking them because of THC withdrawal however the THC in my doses was 5mg (sometimes higher) due to tolerance. It did seem to help a little but I had other issues with my anxiety.

Don't take my word as advice at all but just throwing this out as something you should consider and ask your doctor about. THC withdrawal gives bouts of anxiety it's pretty well documented.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,610
    Options
    CBD spplements shouldn't have any THC in them.
  • ChrisD06
    edited November 2023
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Most of them up here in Canada have some. Maybe different in the US because of it being federally illegal? It's needed to bind to the CB1 receptor in the CNS to produce actual psychoactive effects. Generally they have less than a milligram of THC though.

I still remember being 13 and taking 3 of my sleeping supplements (7.5mg THC, 30mg CBD) because "if 1 works well, then 3 will have me ready for my exam tomorrow" and I wasn't too far off from being correct!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    Most of them up here in Canada have some. Maybe different in the US because of it being federally illegal? It's needed to bind to the CB1 receptor in the CNS to produce actual psychoactive effects. Generally they have less than a milligram of THC though.

I still remember being 13 and taking 3 of my sleeping supplements (7.5mg THC, 30mg CBD) because "if 1 works well, then 3 will have me ready for my exam tomorrow" and I wasn't too far off from being correct!

This post explains so much.
  • mantis
    Options
    Do your CBD supplements also have high THC? I was taking them for 2 years a while ago and I ended up developing anxiety without them (when they wore off or I didnt take them) and my doctor told me to stop taking them because of THC withdrawal however the THC in my doses was 5mg (sometimes higher) due to tolerance. It did seem to help a little but I had other issues with my anxiety.

Don't take my word as advice at all but just throwing this out as something you should consider and ask your doctor about. THC withdrawal gives bouts of anxiety it's pretty well documented.

I don't take THC, I have a 50-50 Mix of THC and CBD but I prefer to take pure CDB oil under the tongue.
    Thanks for the advise and pointing out the possible withdraw issues with THC. I just don't mess with it.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options

You can get them pure or mixed
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options

I take 15-25mg of Pure CBD oil. I don't take it everyday, only when I need it which is maybe 1 to 3 times a week.
    Dan