Anxiety

Options

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    medicating with a little PineAppleUpsideDownCake this evening....quite tasty and terpy...............

Dang, haven't had that since like the....80's. LOL Sure is good though. Used to be a top cake, until cheesecake took it's crown. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,832
    Options
    Like Tony, I had it early, Feb. 9th 2020 before they knew WTF it was. Thought I was going to die, but I'm a hardheaded MF and I wasn't ready to go. Took a full month before I was pretty much back to normal. Got the Omicron just before Christmas 2021, which was nowhere near as bad, but gave me a nasty sinus infection.
    That's gone now and as far as I can tell I have no lasting issues for which I thank God.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    IMHO the Delta Covid strain that came in summer of 2021 was the strongest. Didn't infect nearly as many but it was the deadliest or most severe.

Great discussion of side effects. Also, good that the Polk family also knows they can possibly reach out to others, either publicly or PM. Those with after effects may want to reach out to others for suggestions and support via PM.

Well wishes to all who are suffering and those that overcome can discuss and help each other.

I have had family with depression, addiction, Alzheimer's etc.
    First line of therapy is to write down the things you love and remember most. Get out and do those things again, breathe some fresh air either solo or with loved ones. Try some new things....breathe

Write down the things you want to do, either solo or with loved ones. Museum, bike ride, walk in the park, just a drive open minded with pleasant surroundings. Where you started, where you want to go etc

--Peace

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,093
    Options
    The basics help very much . . . eat unprocessed / FRESH Whole foods, exercise, plenty of fresh water and Maybe microdosing “the right CBD Oil” . . . YMMV
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,528
    edited December 2022
    Options
    As was pointed out to me, gummies of a certain nature might help.
    OR see a doctor and get on Celexa
    https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a699001.html

oh, and make yourself important to someone. o:)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    A friend of my wife's told her about a relaxation technique supposedly used by Navy Seals to get calm in tense situations. They imagine a square frame in front of them, take a deep breath, hold it while thinking of the four sides of the imaginary frame, going around each of the sides while holding their breath. Then after the fourth side a slow release. The combination of slow deep breaths thinking about a simple object, a wooden frame (maybe a window), concentrating on taking air in, filling your lungs, the rough grain of the wood (maybe chipped paint) and slow release brings on calmness with a little practice. I repeat this when I first wake up and during the day if I think of it.
  • SIHAB
    Options
    ^^^ pretty cool. :)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    Dan, sorry to hear the troubles you've been experiencing, I hope you figure it out and get better soon
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,963
    Options
    FWIW...I have found certain foods, food additives, and generally unhealthy food is a facilitator of anxiety. Diet and exercise is the enemy of anxiety...at least in my mind, so to speak.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »

This does NOT look like a good alternative after reading the WARNING!!!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,165
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I see shot and boosterd and got covid anyway 🤔 yea that in itself is grounds for long anxiety and I take if “Long Covid” ! Anyway, think good thoughts, eat right, exercise like ya mean it and stay around positive energy thinking people ! Hope you get better brother !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    I got covid 3 times. Fortunately all mild and I came out fine.

There was one period where I did feel fatigued for longer than I would expect. I recall telling my wife that I just felt so blah. Like depressed blah.

But somehow it waned, luckily.

There are certain things in life that make me anxious but so far, I’ve been good about not letting it stick. Not saying it’s not inevitable, but I try to see the silver lining in any problems I may have.

I wish you the best and I hope you find a way to flourish again.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,059
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I think Anxiety has hit all of us in different ways since the beginning of covid, and the lock downs, add the political bs world wide, along with the riots, and looting.

Let alone every time something seems to be headed toward some normalcy it is taken away, I really don't feel anyone feels as safe as they once did, we are all on a different level of alertness then we once were.

And I honestly don't feel we will see change for quite sometime, till we have better leaders in this country that want to start tackling the issues of high crime, high inflation, and the borders of this country anxiety in one form or another is here to stay for a while.

I wish and pray nothing but the best for all of us.

Cut off the news, and enjoy some piece of mind once in a while..
    Your right, we are all living in some bad times. Covid did such a horrible job on the world and I don't think the powers that be handled it very well.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    Nice to know there are many out there suffering from the same.......I also have extreme neck pain which doesn't help the problem...oh well isn't growing old wonderful....if it wasn't for my furry friend helping me deal with a new day I don't know what I would do...and don't think I have had a great nights sleep in years...great thread subject and it shows us that many are in the same boat...............
    it's a boat I wish none of us where in man.

Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    jbreezy5 wrote: »
    mantis wrote: »
    jbreezy5 wrote: »
    I’ve always had anxiety struggles; Covid made it worse. To combat anxiety, meditate on biblical Psalms, listen to music that doesn’t increase your anxiety, and keep in close contact with family and friends.

Struggles in life are good reason to seek God; yes, there are things too great for mortal men.

The promise of Jesus Christ:

“Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.”
    ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭2‬:‭14‬-‭15‬ ‭NIV‬‬
    https://bible.com/bible/111/heb.2.14-15.NIV

Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.

That's nice man, sorry your dealing with anxiety. I never understood what it meant to go through things like this. PTSD is a worse case and I have a friend who's in the war years ago and got it pretty bad. I didn't understand him at that time as he has many issues with it. He still struggles todays all these years later but now I fully understand what he goes through.

Yep, the thing about struggles with anxiety/depression is they are invisible enemies, and when one’s emotions consistently send signals that something’s wrong, or things are not ok, observers might just think the individual is just whining/complaining, because they can’t relate to this kind of invisible torment.

The fact is, there are tons of people who struggle with one or both anxiety/depression, and your post I think demonstrates this.

The good news is you continue to make significant progress.
    it's the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I never understood how bad anxiety can be.

Dan
  • F1nut
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Rorer 714

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited December 2022
    Options
    You know what...never mind.
    I really wish Vanilla would let you remove posts.

Anxiety sucks. Depression sucks. Have dealt with both my entire life.
    Talk to someone even if it is just for a sounding board.
    *TALK TO SOMEONE*
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    It’s really nice that we all have this forum to vent and speak about problems we face on the daily.
    A lot of people don’t.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    it's the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I never understood how bad anxiety can be.

Brother, I know this. Anxiety disorders suck. I hope and pray you find the strength to overcome whatever is causing yours.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,374
    Options
    Brown noise can help out with anxiety, FWIW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I can't tell if it's just me getting grumpier every day but it feels like everyone else is getting less considerate rapidly lately as time goes. From attitudes to traffic to whatever. Everything. I don't do anything anymore. Make my money at work, get home, and shut the door as fast as possible -- leave me alone. I'm sick of everyone. I don't mean that hyperbolically either, I'm seriously sick of everyone.

Just me or?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mantis
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    You know what...never mind.
    I really wish Vanilla would let you remove posts.

Anxiety sucks. Depression sucks. Have dealt with both my entire life.
    Talk to someone even if it is just for a sounding board.
    *TALK TO SOMEONE*
    One of my clients is a life coach and offered such.

Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    It’s really nice that we all have this forum to vent and speak about problems we face on the daily.
    A lot of people don’t.
    Love yours. D

I've been on this forum for decades, great bunch of people in here.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »

Brother, I know this. Anxiety disorders suck. I hope and pray you find the strength to overcome whatever is causing yours.
    Covid caused mine. Thanks for the kind words.

Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Brown noise can help out with anxiety, FWIW.

Tom

brown noise? Interesting where did you learn that?
    Dan
  • F1nut
    Options
    I read that as brown note at first and thought that's not going help...lol

President of Club Polk

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I can't tell if it's just me getting grumpier every day but it feels like everyone else is getting less considerate rapidly lately as time goes. From attitudes to traffic to whatever. Everything. I don't do anything anymore. Make my money at work, get home, and shut the door as fast as possible -- leave me alone. I'm sick of everyone. I don't mean that hyperbolically either, I'm seriously sick of everyone.

Just me or?

I can sympathize with this.

I’m constantly having to do other’s people’s jobs (i.e. whether at work, or as the customer), ask all the right questions so that proper material information is disclosed when making buying decisions, call/email/write/visit store to get any kind of response. It definitely affects how we perceive others when simple customer service and basic consideration seems to be MIA.

Ever since Covid, it’s been difficult to want to interact with others on a whole other level.

Hang in there, make small attainable social goals, don’t completely shut down.

That’s why I come to this forum.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Yeah dude
    Try to see the positive in things
    Things get me down too.
    We are all human, always talk to someone. Just venting sometimes is enough to get the edge off
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • SIHAB
    Options
    I come to this forum for the pictures. :#
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    On another note, good for you for speaking about it even to us. Back in the day, men were not supposed to talk about such subjects. We are all human and we all suffer once in awhile. You'll get there Dan, not saying it will be easy or difficult but you will get there.