Anxiety

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,163
    Willow wrote: »
    On another note, good for you for speaking about it even to us. Back in the day, men were not supposed to talk about such subjects. We are all human and we all suffer once in awhile. You'll get there Dan, not saying it will be easy or difficult but you will get there.
    I'm old now and sometimes it's nice to just talk about other things then just our hobbies. This has been the center of my attention for a year now and it sucks bad.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,140
    Thank you for starting this thread.

Had been on quite a few drugs that didn't work for me. Welbutrin, Cymbalta, Pregabelin, Gabapentin and can't remember the other one.
    All they did was make my brain foggy along with walking around like a zombie. Did not like that!

Recent Dr. put me on Prosac.
    It's awesome.

Skip
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,115
    SIHAB wrote: »
    I come to this forum for the pictures. :#

Where the heck is Rick . . .babe poster extraordinaire !
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,279
    GlennDog wrote: »

Left.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,828
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Left.

Along with many others. Some, not by choice.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mantis
    edited February 2023
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    Thank you for starting this thread.

Had been on quite a few drugs that didn't work for me. Welbutrin, Cymbalta, Pregabelin, Gabapentin and can't remember the other one.
    All they did was make my brain foggy along with walking around like a zombie. Did not like that!

Recent Dr. put me on Prosac.
    It's awesome.

Skip
    I stopped taking all the things as I didn't feel they helped and they also helped me put on weight. As soon as I started down that path, I noticed my weight went up and went up fast.
    I now only take supplements like Magnesium , Fish oil and Vitamin D3. I also take CBD oil as needed. I take it when I have a Anxiety attack or feel one coming on. It really helps me calm down. I have gummies and oil.

Dan
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,431
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Left Got run off by the perpetually offended.

Fixed it;-)

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,957
    I had anxiety issues when I started having major back issues in 2002. I got where I couldn't work and had 5 back operations from 2003 to 2005. I had burning in my feet for 6 months or so that was so bad It hurt me to walk. Luckily it has gotten much better, but I still have damaged nerves in my back due to all of the work they did. I also had another one in 2014. I have also had 3 neck operation probably due to go kart and motorcycle wrecks when I was young. Needless to say my spine has taken a beating in my life.

I felt worthless to my family as I wasn't contributing a pay check to support my family. I was blessed that my wife had a good job, but I still felt I wasn't doing my part.

It took me a good while (years) to get over that feeling, but I did as I looked around and saw people who had had back operations who now couldn't walk or could hardly get around. I realized I was blessed to be doing as well as I was. Think about the positive aspects in your life as everyone has them, sometimes we just forget to look. I know I do. Life isn't equal as we all know, make the best of what you got.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    edited February 2023
    I'm no doctor, but may I suggest a Z Stack and avoid the experimental poison from the poison stream. This supplement is supposed to be really good from what I've heard. Living in these "interesting" times has us all dealing with anxiety and stress in some form. Reading scripture and prayer helps me a lot. Not sure where you are spiritually, Dan, but throwing that out there for ya.

https://viralproductsexchange.com/z-stack-develop-by-dr-zelenko-vsl?ppcp_platform=bing&msclkid=71cf5d70b6a719b8ea8e3e943593b579

Best wishes, Dan. I'll be praying for ya!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    Man! I am totally stress free.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mantis
    Keiko wrote: »
    I'm no doctor, but may I suggest a Z Stack and avoid the experimental poison from the poison stream. This supplement is supposed to be really good from what I've heard. Living in these "interesting" times has us all dealing with anxiety and stress in some form. Reading scripture and prayer helps me a lot. Not sure where you are spiritually, Dan, but throwing that out there for ya.

https://viralproductsexchange.com/z-stack-develop-by-dr-zelenko-vsl?ppcp_platform=bing&msclkid=71cf5d70b6a719b8ea8e3e943593b579

Thanks man.

Dan
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,115

Dr. Z was 'da man! He promoted therapeutics that more should have embraced. Body count would have been way way less

RIP doc!

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    edited February 2023

Dr. Z was 'da man! He promoted therapeutics that more should have embraced. Body count would have been way way less

RIP doc!

Agreed!

#JusticeIsComing

• ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 929
    How have you been doing as of late, Dan?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,279
    JoseBron reported
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    F1nut wrote: »
    I read that as brown note at first and thought that's not going help...lol

lol. I read brown nose and thought...don't go there.

Philippians 6-7
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • mantis
    ChrisD06 wrote: »

Hello and thank you for asking.

I'll tell you how it's been. It has been the longest road of my life. Covid got me bad and I never fully recovered from that experience as I also had and still have Long covid.

I deal with my issues every single day. They are way more manageable now then they where just 1 year ago. I rarely use CBD oil but have it around as well as Gummies as sometimes the Anxiety attacks are overwhelming and I need to use CBD to help me manage.

So really I'm doing alot better. I'd say I'm probably in all fairness 85-90% better. I don't know if I will ever get that last 10% back.

So I can work out now, I have been for sometime. My workouts are no were near as powerful as they where. Some could say I'm getting older and that also can cause some of this. I'm 53 now. But deep down inside I feel the desire to push hard but my weakened body from long covid I don't have the gas anymore. I'm working on getting it back and I never give up.

Anxiety I get it here and there. Something triggers it, I have to deal with it and usually I can distract myself enough to allow it to pass but again when it's overbearing, I reach for CBD. CBD has helped me way more than any med's I took, which I'm off all that stuff for good. They made me gain alot of weight 30 lbs and I'm really struggling to get it off and I already wanted to lose 30 lbs before all this madness so really I want to lose 60 lbs of body fat. It's a ton and It's hard to deal with.

I think what triggers my anxiety the most, now that I'm thinking about it is when I'm alone and don't have a task to complete. That's when it hits me the hardest. On weekends when I'm off work, I try my best to give myself things to do. I plan out my day unless the wife plans it for me , I usually wake up , have a cup of coffee , work out, eat breakfast, wash the car or cars, maybe also cut the grass, do laundry etc house chores. Then when I run out of those things , usually the wife will have something to do go somewhere or if not I might jump in the car and go for a ride or shop etc.

My life dealing with this stuff sucks in many ways but I really try hard to enjoy my hobbies and enjoy what life I have left. It's something that happened to me and I'm just trying to except it.

Dan
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,931
    Do you find that uninterrupted music listening time helps with your anxiety?
  • ChrisD06
    mantis wrote: »

I'll tell you how it's been. It has been the longest road of my life. Covid got me bad and I never fully recovered from that experience as I also had and still have Long covid.

I deal with my issues every single day. They are way more manageable now then they where just 1 year ago. I rarely use CBD oil but have it around as well as Gummies as sometimes the Anxiety attacks are overwhelming and I need to use CBD to help me manage.

So really I'm doing alot better. I'd say I'm probably in all fairness 85-90% better. I don't know if I will ever get that last 10% back.

So I can work out now, I have been for sometime. My workouts are no were near as powerful as they where. Some could say I'm getting older and that also can cause some of this. I'm 53 now. But deep down inside I feel the desire to push hard but my weakened body from long covid I don't have the gas anymore. I'm working on getting it back and I never give up.

Anxiety I get it here and there. Something triggers it, I have to deal with it and usually I can distract myself enough to allow it to pass but again when it's overbearing, I reach for CBD. CBD has helped me way more than any med's I took, which I'm off all that stuff for good. They made me gain alot of weight 30 lbs and I'm really struggling to get it off and I already wanted to lose 30 lbs before all this madness so really I want to lose 60 lbs of body fat. It's a ton and It's hard to deal with.

I think what triggers my anxiety the most, now that I'm thinking about it is when I'm alone and don't have a task to complete. That's when it hits me the hardest. On weekends when I'm off work, I try my best to give myself things to do. I plan out my day unless the wife plans it for me , I usually wake up , have a cup of coffee , work out, eat breakfast, wash the car or cars, maybe also cut the grass, do laundry etc house chores. Then when I run out of those things , usually the wife will have something to do go somewhere or if not I might jump in the car and go for a ride or shop etc.

My life dealing with this stuff sucks in many ways but I really try hard to enjoy my hobbies and enjoy what life I have left. It's something that happened to me and I'm just trying to except it.

I'm glad to hear you're better, and you know a lot of what you said resonates with me.

I may be young, but anxiety gets us all, and it sucks. I used to have it bad as a kid (up to about a few months ago, really) and it was only in the last year I started managing it better. You'll get there, it's a journey but once you can identify triggers it's so much easier to manage and even prevent. I promise.

Lemme tell ya, for me it was a large combination of things and it will probably be the same for you. When I went to a psychologist they always dealt with the mental side of things but never really the physical side, and that was what my issue was. So I asked my family doctor and she told me a few things that really helped. Below is a list of things that helped me that was recommended from my psych and my doctor. YMMV

1. No added sugars
    2. Eat healthy in general
    3. Get good sleep
    4. Exercise
    5. Lose weight
    6. Stop vaping (thank god I did, nicotine is... bad to put it lightly)
    7. Stop smoking weed (in your case you use it medicinally but I was going through a stoner phase)
    8. Listen to relaxing music as much as possible
    9. Stay comfortable (while sleeping, sitting, and even good posture)
    10. Drink lots of water
    11. Treat other things (other medical things can increase anxiety)
    12. Don't be too hard on yourself
    13. Don't overthink things, just let things happen. Do your best and if it doesn't go to plan you'll figure it out.
    14. Tell yourself everything will be okay if you ever feel anxious and do something to take your mind off of it.
    15. Deep breathing exercises! Meditation! Yoga! These help a ton.
    16. Read some books, and try to avoid blue light from screens.
    17. Enjoy what you have and don't focus on what you don't.
    18. Caffeine ain't great for you, and can be replaced with good sleep.

Lastly the final two things that are probably highly specific to me but did help is I got treatment for my ADHD, and I got treatment for my acne. In my experience it ties perfectly into point 11 as my ADHD just caused anxiety (I have the real ADHD, not the tik tok kid one) in general and my acne made my self concious.

I did some other things too... I can't remember what though but if I do I'll post it here. This is what worked for me, but I recommend you trying to go down the list. I used to get heart palpitations and anxiety attacks just thinking about doing something as simple as cleaning. Now even when I have a really fun big project, I can put it off indefinitely until I have time and the right gear rather than being anxious.

Anxiety is different for everyone though. You need to do whats best for yourself. Take your time, go at a comfortable pace for you, and chip away at it slowly. Avoid thought loops and don't let your subconcious get to you.

I'm rooting for you Dan, you've got this. Best of wishes.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,984
    Interesting you bring this up Chris, I too was suffering from anxiety and was on meds. Made me gain weight and become emotionless. Got off them lost 30lbs. Then this past summer I started getting some anxiety attacks. So I said F'it and I started seeing a psychotherapist. My family Dr gave me rxs for 2 different meds and they both caused nasty insomnia. After seen my therapist for many weeks I too would be unofficially diagnosed with ADHD, which makes so much sense now. I am not on any meds for anything except GERD.
    I also feel like Dan where I must keep busy all the time but I know that can't always be the case. I think just knowing that much of my anxiety came from childhood issues which I am working on and that I now know why I never did well in school and was often a loner sure helps and ADHD certainly explains a lot of it.
    It's not an easy journey but is sure is worthwhile.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,931
    19. Avoid reading ChrisD06's posts.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    Clipdat wrote: »
    19. Avoid reading ChrisD06's posts.

This made me laugh way too hard. I swear I’ve seen red more times reading his posts more than anything else lately
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • ChrisD06
    Interesting you bring this up Chris, I too was suffering from anxiety and was on meds. Made me gain weight and become emotionless. Got off them lost 30lbs. Then this past summer I started getting some anxiety attacks. So I said F'it and I started seeing a psychotherapist. My family Dr gave me rxs for 2 different meds and they both caused nasty insomnia. After seen my therapist for many weeks I too would be unofficially diagnosed with ADHD, which makes so much sense now. I am not on any meds for anything except GERD.
    I also feel like Dan where I must keep busy all the time but I know that can't always be the case. I think just knowing that much of my anxiety came from childhood issues which I am working on and that I now know why I never did well in school and was often a loner sure helps and ADHD certainly explains a lot of it.

Yeah I'm the same way, I always have to do something. I do occasionally enjoy just sitting down and listening to the birds chirp for an hour with my eyes closed but its sporadic and rare.

I've found that writing down everything I want to do in order of priority and then slowly chipping down that list when I do have time helped me out. Sometimes I try to start something and get lost and have no idea what to do but I've been getting better at that.

Dr. Russell A. Barkley is a leading doctor in ADHD and I've a few of his books. Very good reads and they helped me out a lot.
  • mantis
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Do you find that uninterrupted music listening time helps with your anxiety?

It really depends. Sometimes music allows me to call down, get juiced up for a workout, inspires spirited driving etc and other times it brings on anxiety and I have to turn it off.
    Dan
  • mantis

I'm glad to hear you're better, and you know a lot of what you said resonates with me.

I may be young, but anxiety gets us all, and it sucks. I used to have it bad as a kid (up to about a few months ago, really) and it was only in the last year I started managing it better. You'll get there, it's a journey but once you can identify triggers it's so much easier to manage and even prevent. I promise.

Lemme tell ya, for me it was a large combination of things and it will probably be the same for you. When I went to a psychologist they always dealt with the mental side of things but never really the physical side, and that was what my issue was. So I asked my family doctor and she told me a few things that really helped. Below is a list of things that helped me that was recommended from my psych and my doctor. YMMV

1. No added sugars
    3. Get good sleep
    4. Exercise
    5. Lose weight
    7. Stop smoking weed (in your case you use it medicinally but I was going through a stoner phase)
    10. Drink lots of water
    13. Don't overthink things, just let things happen. Do your best and if it doesn't go to plan you'll figure it out.
    14. Tell yourself everything will be okay if you ever feel anxious and do something to take your mind off of it.

Lastly the final two things that are probably highly specific to me but did help is I got treatment for my ADHD, and I got treatment for my acne. In my experience it ties perfectly into point 11 as my ADHD just caused anxiety (I have the real ADHD, not the tik tok kid one) in general and my acne made my self concious.

I did some other things too... I can't remember what though but if I do I'll post it here. This is what worked for me, but I recommend you trying to go down the list. I used to get heart palpitations and anxiety attacks just thinking about doing something as simple as cleaning. Now even when I have a really fun big project, I can put it off indefinitely until I have time and the right gear rather than being anxious.

Anxiety is different for everyone though. You need to do whats best for yourself. Take your time, go at a comfortable pace for you, and chip away at it slowly. Avoid thought loops and don't let your subconcious get to you.

I do most of the things on your list. 1-2-3-4 and 5 I'm working on.A lot of the other things I relate to as well.

My daughter has ADHD and she manages it in many ways. She got bullied as a kid and it stuck with her into her sound adult life. She is 26. She's a great person and I think she will do great things.

Thanks alot for the reply, Anxiety suck and it's amazingly hard to deal with, most people have no idea at all how it feels , I wouldn't either had I not gone thought the horrible experience I had to deal with. My Covid clinic say's it's just like PTSD in so many ways.
    Dan
  • mantis

Sorry to hear that man. I don't wish this on anyone. It's the worse and it's a lonely hollow scary way to live your life. Keeping busy sucks as relaxing is difficult. I try real hard to relax, take a break enjoy some music or TV, movies etc but I find it difficult some of the time. Have got a lot better at it. I watch Street Outlaws, Re runs of the Flash , A lot of YouTube videos of cars guitar Home theater 2 channel stuff.
    Dan
  • ChrisD06

1. No added sugars
    3. Get good sleep
    4. Exercise
    5. Lose weight
    10. Drink lots of water

I do most of the things on your list. 1-2-3-4 and 5 I'm working on.A lot of the other things I relate to as well.

My daughter has ADHD and she manages it in many ways. She got bullied as a kid and it stuck with her into her sound adult life. She is 26. She's a great person and I think she will do great things.

Thanks alot for the reply, Anxiety suck and it's amazingly hard to deal with, most people have no idea at all how it feels , I wouldn't either had I not gone thought the horrible experience I had to deal with. My Covid clinic say's it's just like PTSD in so many ways.

1-5 are the hardest, and working on them is a heck on an achievement compared to not. I've not made any real progress on either but I'll blame it on being a teenager.

I'm sorry to hear your daughter was bullied. I was too, very misunderstood as a kid. It sticks with you for a very long time. Schools need to do better.

It's interesting you mention that your COVID clinic says that the anxiety is similar to PTSD in many ways. I will also note that, while not PTSD, I've had a few panic attacks in my life and they were very similar to an anxiety attack. Absolutely the worst feeling.

Another thing! Try out nootropics. Don't get anything with artificials in it, but they contain all of the vitamin Bs (which are good for your brain) and have been shown to actually help your brain in the long run. Research the healthiest ones.

Omega-3 oil! "Researchers found that people who took high doses of omega-3s (up to 2,000 mg a day) seemed to have the most reduction in anxiety symptoms" -https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/omega-3s-for-anxiety

I take 2400mg a day of Omega-3. Two of the 1200mg Kirkland capsules I think. Definitely give them a try, it won't hurt you and the studies seem very in favour! Can't say how they helped me as I really did everything I listed around the same time. Like I said though anxiety is a combination of things, might as well eliminate everything at once considering they're all not great for you even if you don't suffer anxiety.
  • mantis

1. No added sugars
    3. Get good sleep
    4. Exercise
    5. Lose weight
    10. Drink lots of water

1-5 are the hardest, and working on them is a heck on an achievement compared to not. I've not made any real progress on either but I'll blame it on being a teenager.

I'm sorry to hear your daughter was bullied. I was too, very misunderstood as a kid. It sticks with you for a very long time. Schools need to do better.

It's interesting you mention that your COVID clinic says that the anxiety is similar to PTSD in many ways. I will also note that, while not PTSD, I've had a few panic attacks in my life and they were very similar to an anxiety attack. Absolutely the worst feeling.

Another thing! Try out nootropics. Don't get anything with artificials in it, but they contain all of the vitamin Bs (which are good for your brain) and have been shown to actually help your brain in the long run. Research the healthiest ones.

Omega-3 oil! "Researchers found that people who took high doses of omega-3s (up to 2,000 mg a day) seemed to have the most reduction in anxiety symptoms" -https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/omega-3s-for-anxiety

I take 2400mg a day of Omega-3. Two of the 1200mg Kirkland capsules I think. Definitely give them a try, it won't hurt you and the studies seem very in favour! Can't say how they helped me as I really did everything I listed around the same time. Like I said though anxiety is a combination of things, might as well eliminate everything at once considering they're all not great for you even if you don't suffer anxiety.

I take Omega 3's daily. I take high quality fish oil. I have messed around with Nootropics, I tried out Alpabrain. I plan on getting more. It works pretty damn good.
    Dan
  • ChrisD06

1. No added sugars
    3. Get good sleep
    4. Exercise
    5. Lose weight
    10. Drink lots of water

I take Omega 3's daily. I take high quality fish oil. I have messed around with Nootropics, I tried out Alpabrain. I plan on getting more. It works pretty damn good.

Evidently, you're a few steps ahead of me. I actually am gonna check out Alphabrain now, I've been personally jumping between nootropic brands and haven't found one that didn't contain some sort of catch (artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, lead, awful flavor, etc) so I'll give them a shot. At this point though I'm ready to make my own.