Iphone 15 Pro max cases.

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,057
Hello everyone,
For years I have used Apples Leather cases. I think they are the best overall cases for me. I have used Otterbox as well but they are so dam bulky and I'm not one to drop my phone hardly never. Never cracked a screen or damaged any of my phones SO...

When I got my new Phone, they didn't have any of the Apple Fine woven cases in stock at Best Buy. Apple doesn't make a leather case anymore which is totally stupid , we eat Beef so what's the issue with making leather cases again? Whatever it pisses me off.

So I went to the apple store to check out the case and yeah it's nice , kinda like suede , I like it a bit but I walked out not buying it. I have a case which is nice looking and feel ok in your hand but it doesn't have a cover for the action button, it's cut out. Not a huge deal but you really have to get your finger in there to use it which I don't like.

So did anyone buy one of these new cases? I might just go back and get one today. I heard most people are not happy with them.

Last question is , what is a top quality case that is leather? I might even entertain a carbon fiber one but I think leather is the nicest premium feeling case one can buy, at least for me it is.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• mantis
    Options
    This is the one I currently have, it's really nice looking but I don't like so much how if feels.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/incipio-cru-protective-hard-shell-case-with-magsafe-for-apple-iphone-15-pro-max-navy-canvas/6550050.p?skuId=6550050
    Dan
  • CottageChz
    Options
    You didn’t mention price or whether you’re ok with buying online and waiting for it to ship, but you could try one of these brands. I’ve liked their stuff in the past.

https://www.mujjo.com/collections/iphone-15-series/products/full-leather-case-for-iphone-15-pro-max?variant=43919844704504

https://www.vajacases.com/products/grip-iphone-15-pro-max-leather-case
  • mantis
    Options
    Now that is a very nice case. I like the brown leather the Mujjo looks awesome.
    Dan
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    Well it's not made by Apple themselves, and it's not leather, but the Spigen Enzo Aramid and Rugged Armor cases are very high quality. I've personally used their Rugged Armor cases on like 5 phones of mine (I burn through phones like gasoline) and the reviews of the Enzo Aramid seems very good. They're also extremely protective. I threw my Samsung Galaxy A50 over my friends house in a Spigen Rugged Armor for $20 and it came out unscathed.
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Just noticed Vaja had more options in another section of their site. Link to a similar brown color below. A lot more expensive than the Mujjo though, but hey, the phone is pretty expensive too.

https://www.vajacases.com/products/v-mag-leather-case-for-iphone-15-pro-max?variant=42425744785592
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I bought the Otterbox Defender for my new iphone 15 plus. It was the Camouflage and black one for iphone 14 plus. I mount it on my Goldwing and use at work in construction zones so I like the extra protection. Fits perfect and because it was for the previous gen phone I got it for $30 instead of $60.
    So in your case maybe they still have leather cases made by Apple for the iphone 14 pro that you could buy? I would think it would fit? But you might have to Google the differences in the two phones? Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    The main reason to get a genuine Apple case, leather or not, is the buttons on the side. They are sometimes made of metal (leather and fine woven cases), and work exactly like the actual phone buttons, with the same precise high quality button feel. Many other buttons have a squishy imprecise button or require too much of a hard push.

Even the silicone Apple cases have excellent, precise button feel.

The buttons on the Apple clear case are too hard to push IMO, so I’d avoid those.

The new action button — which replaced the old mute button slider — needs to be an actual button to have optimal functionality, not just a cutout.

Since this is a $50-60 purchase over the life of the phone, probably 4 years, it’s just not worth putting up with a sub-standard case.
    Alea jacta est!
  • mantis
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    The main reason to get a genuine Apple case, leather or not, is the buttons on the side. They are sometimes made of metal (leather and fine woven cases), and work exactly like the actual phone buttons, with the same precise high quality button feel. Many other buttons have a squishy imprecise button or require too much of a hard push.

Even the silicone Apple cases have excellent, precise button feel.

The buttons on the Apple clear case are too hard to push IMO, so I’d avoid those.

The new action button — which replaced the old mute button slider — needs to be an actual button to have optimal functionality, not just a cutout.

Since this is a $50-60 purchase over the life of the phone, probably 4 years, it’s just not worth putting up with a sub-standard case.

I might pick up the fine woven case , what the hell. I always used and liked Apple cases much better than after market ones. The Leather case from Mujjo does look damn nice, wish I could go to the store and try it out before I buy. The Apple store / Stores are close to me so I can go anytime I want to grab one.
    Dan
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    dBrand Ghost looks interesting. Let's the phones natural look show, mag safe too

https://dbrand.com/shop/ghost/iphone-15-pro-max-clear-cases
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    Options
    I like Nomad Folio cases.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • bem
    bem Posts: 102
    Options
    I recently got a Nomad Rugged case for my iPhone 15 Pro Max and love it. Buttons are anodized aluminum and the case is not slippery at all. If you search around you can find discount codes to help reduce the price.
    https://nomadgoods.com/products/rugged-case-atlantic-blue-iphone-15-pro-max