Show me your ****(embly), and let me get in your guts baby!

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited May 2014 in Electronics
You are truly a dirty, dirty mind. Wash your mouth out with soap right now!

Cary Audio SLP-2002 Tube Pre-Amp
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    edited February 2005
    Options
    "Guts" that are filled w/ goodies like Solen, Auricap and Audionote. The stock tube compliment is Sovtek 6922/6DJ8 and JAN GE 5814/12AU7. I don't much care for the Sovtek, but they aren't too bad. Mullards or Telefunken will most likely reside in the 6922 holes while JAN Sylvania will be hopping in for some double team action.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2005
    Options
    A lot of PCB in there, holy cow.

Quad of 6DJ8?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Dibs

BTW Mark - a promising career awaits you as the headline writer for the National Enquirer! I'll have their people contact your people, you can do lunch.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited February 2005
    Options
    This needs to be moved to the "Good Babe" thread....that's a beauty.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by steveinaz
    This needs to be moved to the "Good Babe" thread....that's a beauty.
    she sure does have a sweet ****! Baby got BACK! :D
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Anyone else got some sexy inner shots? Post 'em damnit!
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Options
    You guys are lame....imagine re-tubing this to the tune of 22 tubes....
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Options
    You were right Russman.....unbelievable point to point wiring....
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Uh-oh, you better get that thing off the couch before your wife gets home. I'm tellin'!! :p
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Options
    What receiver is it, Doro?
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Options
    She already caught me.....and with these....if anyone can name these, I'll send you a couple goodies......you can't answer this Russ
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Klipsch Heresy?
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Options
    BMP - Fisher 1800(1965) It still works, but I'm going to get it recapped and spec'd anyways because it's just neat.

Nope.

*HINT* Full Range Driver

P.S. These KG4's are pretty killer. I think I may have to renounce my hatred of all things horn loaded....tubes warmed these right up, and the soundstage is better than expected and very forward.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    *HINT* Full Range Driver

ADS L810? Hell, I give up!!

Glad to see you getting horny.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited March 2005
    Options
    I thought the speakers look like something Fischer put out in the 70's....hmmm. Though most of theirs had paper cone tweeters, they were built like frickin tanks.

Also, that strange color/surrounds make me think something JBL'ish....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Options
    The speakers are completely unrelated, but relative to the same time frame.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2005
    Options
    makes me think of an old Advent speaker... but I don't know speakers from back then.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited March 2005
    Options
    It looks like an Altec Lansing speaker but I can't remember the model for the life of me. I know I have seen them before too.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Options
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Options
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Finally, someone who steps up to the plate....
  • tryrrthg
    edited March 2005
    Options
    I'll join in the fun

McCormack TLC-1 passive preamp. There's actually more in there than I thought there would be.
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • tryrrthg
    edited March 2005
    Options
    **** end
  • tryrrthg
    edited March 2005
    Options
    and the external power supply.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Options
    tryrrthg ALSO steps up to the plate! Sweet!
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Transcendent SE-OTL - guts on the floor
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Guts partially built
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Cary tube pre, NOS 1940s military Sylvania Chrome Dome 6SN7 tubes with Herbie's HAL-O damping instruments.

A lot less going on in here compared to Doro's TOTL Cary pre.
  • pjdami
    edited March 2005
    Options
  • pjdami
    edited March 2005
    Options
    A shot in the rack with my new source for the SDA CRS+ rig, the Cal Audio CL-15 HDCD player and the B&K EX4420 225 wpc amp.

A truly giant killer sounding system in my opinion. About $2,750 used on all gear. Only thing bought new was wire.