Rosso Volterra/Focal Kanta N°3

Options
2»

Comments

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Toolfan66 not sure if you ever got to hear the Kanta N2's but man, I heard them yesterday....Oh My Gosh....also heard the Aria 948. The 948 was good but had boomy bass. The N2's were tight and very clean. Currently working on a deal....they will be mine..OH YES, they will be mine!!!
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    edited September 2023
    Options
    The annual Skipfest is Oct. 7, 2023, noon until, BYOB , expect brisket and ribs.
    This is your chance to hear the Rosso Fiorentino range of speakers.

R.S.V.P.
    AudioThesis
    www.audiothesis.com
    Arlington, TX 76001
    (682) 444-3121
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    @Toolfan66 my bad dude, earlier post, it was the Kanta No3's I heard.......and the No3's I'm after :smile:
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    Options
    Big fan of my Kanta 3’s. Would venture a guess that they are very different speakers tonally so listening to each in a good environment is key. I’d love to get my hands on Volterras someday in the future as they were a speaker I was considering when I bought the Kantas. I am not using a sub with my Kantas as they definitely do not need one in my room ( undersized for the speakers so the speakers have no issue with impact).
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    The annual Skipfest is Oct. 7, 2023, noon until, BYOB , expect brisket and ribs.
    This is your chance to hear the Rosso Fiorentino range of speakers.

R.S.V.P.
    AudioThesis
    www.audiothesis.com
    Arlington, TX 76001
    (682) 444-3121

Super short notice . . . 1st I’ve heard of a commitment

. . this really deserves its own thread. Since @dSkip cannot do it, can you please take the helm?
    TIA
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12