Volume jumps 2 or 3 levels on Signa S4

Options
I have an LG OLED 55 C9PUA. Just got a Signa S-4 Sound Bar. I am having the same problem as are others. With the sound bar operating the volume will not change in single jumps, but jumps about 3 levels. Cannot find a solution for it, Very aggravating. So I have to turn off the sound bar to listen to my TV to many shows when I want to be able to adjust the sound properly.

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I'll forward this to some friends at Polk for suggestions.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    This has been suggested:

"Troubleshooting suggestion,

-Connect via HDMI ARC and activate the Televisions CEC HDMI control feature. Use the Television remote for power and volume adjustments."
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,456
    Options
    What's a "sound bar"?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Johnee
    Johnee Posts: 1
    Options
    THIS SOLVED THE PROBLEM FOR ME.

I had the same problem when connecting to my Hisense TV via HDMI ARC. I went back to using the TV speaker until today when I had another thought. I connected to the TV via Bluetooth instead. Now the Polk Signa S2 works great. Volume can also be used with the TV Remote which is so convenient and can be adjusted in single jumps instead of two or three jumps at a time. What a relief as I was going to search for another brand of speaker.