Covid Anxiety

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
I got covid over a year and a half ago. I ended up with Long covid and day by day month by month I slowly got better and worse up and down for the last year and a half.

Right now I'm probably 85-90% better but one of the symptoms I got from all of this is terrible Anxiety. This is something I never had before , it's compared to PTSD .

I had to call out of work today as yesterday it started up mid day and was amazingly strong this morning to the point I couldn't make it into work.

I have had some good months recently with light anxiety but nothing like today. I was already on my way of feeling like crap then my son dropped a bomb on me at my moms house about how he is moving out in August. He is 27 years old, has been trying with his girlfriend to buy house but keeps getting out bid by 10-30k over asking which is insane so they decided for now to rent a nice apartment until something comes along that makes sense.

I know you have to let them go but he is not just my son, he's my buddy. We do a lot together. We wash the cars, I taught him a lot about detailing and he loves it. Car Shows and even going to look at new cars as he is thinking about buying a new one as well.

So I was a bit shocked as I thought they where just going to wait until they found the right house at the right price. Then out nowhere, they made this decision.

With having anxiety issues , it hit me pretty hard and basically took me out for the rest of yesterday and all of today.

Sucks.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Dan, the bright side is maybe someday they will start a family and you get grandkids

I miss my kids too...but grandkids are the bomb!!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Don't listen to them, Dan. Here's what you do. Soundproof the basement. Paint the windows black, and then tell everyone he moved out west.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Be thankful you have a great relationship with him, as we all know there are plenty of Fathers who don't. It's hard to see them leave, but he needs to experience life away from dear old Dad.

Like said above, maybe you'll have grand kids some day. Nice thing about them is you get to spoil them and they let the parents deal with the after effects, not you.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Dan, he's leaving because he's ready and you did a great job preparing him. So it's a great sign and you should be proud of yourself and him (and mom too). As for the activities, they will still happen. Perhaps not as often but you will appreciate them more when they do happen.
    As far as Covid, geez man this plandemic has messed people up so bad. Have you thought about seeing someone for some CBT?
    You got this Dan don't let anyone or yourself tell you otherwise.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited May 2023
    Willow wrote: »
    ...where do you expect him to find said paint? come on now

OK, I am now, officially, rolling on the floor here.

@mantis I am really sorry! I think (?!) we're trying to cheer you a bit. I realize that anxiety can be a crippling state and I do hope, and pray, that you work your way out of your current concerns, either by force of will or with assistance, clinical, clerical, and/or pharmacological (and I do mean legally). This is my sincere wish for you, and for the sake of your family, too.

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Thanks for all the kind words and jokes, means a lot. I'm dealing with it in my own way and I knew one day he would be leaving. Actually if the housing market was better, he would already be out. They have been trying to buy a house for years now.

My anxiety is less today so I'm better. I had a terrible stomach ache but that is also calming down.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited May 2023
    He's 27, time to fly the coop. I had a degree, a great career, a wife, and a house at 22. I understand you're close, and times are different, but you shouldn't be worked up about this.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    mantis wrote: »
    Thanks for all the kind words and jokes, means a lot. I'm dealing with it in my own way and I knew one day he would be leaving. Actually if the housing market was better, he would already be out. They have been trying to buy a house for years now.

My anxiety is less today so I'm better. I had a terrible stomach ache but that is also calming down.

One day at a time Dan.