AXPONA 2023 April 14-16

Options

Comments

• DStachour
    DStachour Posts: 6
    edited April 2023
    Options
    As luck would have it, my family was already planning to be in Chicago this weekend so I'm planning to split away from the rest of the family for a while to check out AXPONA! I'm also in the market to upgrade my Home Theater setup and am planning to go with the R700's and an R400 up front. Is there any chance that discount codes will be handed out by Polk and others at this event?
    Home Theater 5.1.2: Marantz SR5012 receiver, Polk R700 and R400 across the front and Klipsch CDT-5650-C II In-Wall/Ceiling surrounds, SVS SB2000 sub, Epson 5050 projector, Apple TV 4K
    Family Room 2.0: Yamaha RX-V373 receiver, Polk RTi A9 speakers, TCL 4K TV, Apple TV 4K, Squeezebox Duet
    Office 2.1: Rotel RA-11 Integrated amp, GoldenEar Aon3 speakers, SVS SB2000 sub, TCL 4K TV, Apple TV 4K, Squeezebox Duet
    Master Bedroom 2.0: JVC RX-318 receiver, Polk R15, Squeezebox Duet
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    DStachour wrote: »
    As luck would have it, my family was already planning to be in Chicago this weekend so I'm planning to split away from the rest of the family for a while to check out AXPONA! I'm also in the market to upgrade my Home Theater setup and am planning to go with the R700's and an R400 up front. Is there any chance that discount codes will be handed out by Polk and others at this event?

Chances are not good.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    The bar asked if I could start even earlier for a 70th bday party so I might not make it at all Saturday. I will be there tomorrow though.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    The bar asked if I could start even earlier for a 70th bday party so I might not make it at all Saturday. I will be there tomorrow though.

Go rake in the frogskins my friend!
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Anyone know if @Thorton will be there? I have not heard anything about his status and he is usually there.
  • erniejade
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    Anyone know if @Thorton will be there? I have not heard anything about his status and he is usually there.

I hope i get to see Mike.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Options
    We will miss you @erniejade.

Come on Friday!!. Maybe I will try to get up there for a few hours Saturday and just leave at 1.
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2023
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

I hope i get to see Mike.

He's not been on the forum since June 2022

I just called him got his VM and left a message.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Mike will not make, I'll explain at Axpona.
  • erniejade
    Options
    Is anyone else going Friday?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    No Ivan, I can't make it. Busy with projects, taking care of the in-laws who's health has taken a turn. However, I'll owe drinks to the first person to give Brian a wet willy for me.

Where's Russ, I sent him a PM he never answered. He's wearing his cloak of invisibility lately.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    He's married now and has to ask permission. Freebird, he is no more....

*sigh*

It happens to the best of us. Shut up Russ.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    If he's still there I'll definitely give him a wet willy Tony, then have Jeff cut off my finger....

🤣😂

Good luck Tony hang in there we'll miss you for sure!
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,556
    Options
    I only changed my mind 3 times but Klaus got one of my rebuild/conversions done so I’m here until I meet up with him and trade green things for metal things.

Got a benefit also…
    uu3lh22643zy.jpeg
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    We are riding up together, too. That looks like it will be uncomfortable while driving.
    Ivan likes to sit in the back, asking every stopped car if they have any Grey Poopon.

I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Now THAT would be hilarious! Thanks for the tip! I may take 2-lane highways all the way then, as opposed to the interstate. 👍

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

msg wrote: »
    We are riding up together, too. That looks like it will be uncomfortable while driving.
    Ivan likes to sit in the back, asking every stopped car if they have any Grey Poopon.
    Now THAT would be hilarious! Thanks for the tip! I may take 2-lane highways all the way then, as opposed to the interstate. 👍

Ivan, don't forget the proper princess wave
    ewvssunq49ae.gif
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    I'll practice up tonight on my way home from work Ron. It should make my Veterans parkway commute enjoyable.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    ALL212 wrote: »
    I only changed my mind 3 times but Klaus got one of my rebuild/conversions done so I’m here until I meet up with him and trade green things for metal things.

Got a benefit also…
    uu3lh22643zy.jpeg

Hope to see you Saturday Aaron! Handcuff Rich to a chair if you see him.
  • ALL212
    Options
    Today, Friday, is my only day here. 😢
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • ALL212
    Options
    e9kazv5fg1dv.jpeg
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Klaus likes a dark room, one year it was almost pitch black. I will Must get to it and almost see it..... B)
  • ALL212
    Options
    Have him play Infected Mushroom for you.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Have him play Infected Mushroom for you.

But will the walls melt and the surf come in on the carpet?
  • ALL212
    Options
    Possibly!! He is running this TT with two tone arms (not simultaneously for you inquisitive types)

https://vpiindustries.com/products/avenger-direct
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Possibly!! He is running this TT with two tone arms (not simultaneously for you inquisitive types)

Which direction? :D

Congrats on your promotion! You get employee discounts now? I had landscapers here today. They saved me from transporting and spreading 250 plus bags of mulch.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options

https://vpiindustries.com/products/avenger-direct

Don't touch it, Ern.
    [looks over shoulder both ways. no one looking. Ern can't help self. touches tonearm. table legs snap into splinters. Ern's hand still poised where turntable used to be. Klaus rushes over. assesses. cuffs Ern back of head. again. (where's Klaus from? wherever it is, cusses Ern in that language)]
    I disabled signatures.
  • ALL212
    edited April 2023
    Options
    DUM KOPF!!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire