PS Audio Noise Harvester $40 each

Options
Bought 4 of these new from PS Audio.
At the moment I can only find three. The other one's around here somewhere but, throwing these three up for sale.
Cannot believe I threw away the original shipping boxes as I'm pretty anal about that shite, so no original packaging or manuals.

40 bucks each and I'll pay for shipping vis USPS Media Mail.

We have great power here in Laramie and am no longer in need of these.
Sold My PS Audio HumBuster and Soloist previously.
Only Piece I'm keeping, regarding power correction for now, is my PS Audio P1000 Power Plant and that may go up for sale in the near future.

Excellent condition other than that the small marks you see in the pic.v62f0oe0g9p7.jpg

Skip

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,447
    Options
    I'll try and buy them all.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,633
    Options
    8p6mjemrnv78.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    Options
    Need to word better, I must.

*in my best Yoda voice*

Jedi Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,023
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I'll try and buy them all.

Tom

You're the first Tom.
    Sending you a PM...

Skip
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,647
    Options
    I bought a bunch (3-4) from Joey. I will say there was times that light blinked like a Kmart blue light special on crack, other times once maybe three times an hour. During the daytime during the week busy blinking, Saturday night 2-3 am barely a blink. It's no small correlation between those and my Shunyata Hydra my gear definitely sounded better.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,136
    Options
    Man I was wanting to try one but I know where you live so I might come snag one while you are in the jon
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Options
    I can bring these and an ifi A/C purifier over next time I'm up there. No worries.

Tom
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,055
    Options
    Great price on these units. I've had several of them blinking away in my listening room now for a few years.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Man, I already use them. They work great! How do you think I power up my rig?

iykni9bon3gw.png

Tom
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,023
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    More great stuff, Skip!

Tom, please keep me in mind if you decide to move any of these forward. I've been curious as to how these compare to the Audioprism QuietLine Filters. Can't say I've noticed much of a difference with them on my main system audio circuit.

I just ordered a bunch of these from a new Ebay seller.
    s1y97ev3fe9j.jpg

Thanks Scott.

I'm easing my way into some equipment for sale in the future. Small pieces first.
    It's time to thin the herd....
  • treitz3
    Options
    I need to do the same thing....thin the herd.

Thanks man.

Tom
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,882
    Options

iykni9bon3gw.png

Tom

I hope this is not your audio system, if it is you're asking for trouble.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • VR3
    Options
    If this was an audiophile system the cables would be one inch thick with thick connectors, sorbathane isolating platform to support it and cryogenic ally frozen, etc
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Options
    No, this is not my system. LOL. That was satire. I would just go ahead and shoot myself if this were in any way associated with anything electrical in my house.

Tom
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,633
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »

iykni9bon3gw.png

Tom

I hope this is not your audio system, if it is you're asking for trouble.

If you think that’s bad, this is his basement …

c742tzfq17n2.jpeg

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • VR3
    Options
    I'm sure he's using the proper dielectric nipples.

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options

iykni9bon3gw.png

Tom

Clark, zat you?
  • treitz3
    Options
    53fbm3kecce7.png

y6kpsxhcjc2l.png

qejz6m8y79ah.png

Tom (AKA - "Clark")
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    Options
    Wow
    All this interest for the harvesters
    I had like 14 at one point, now have like 6 or 7
    Crazy little guys
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • treitz3
    Options
    Which ones do you have now?

What's left?

Tom
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    Options
    Which ones do you have now?

What's left?

Tom

I still got 7
    I just didn’t have enough outlets for all 13 haha
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • treitz3
    Options
    Here's the deal...

I personally have my BS flag up high on these units.

There is this ifi A/C purifier that I bought. To be honest? No freakin' difference whatsoever. At least detectable but from what I hear/read? You can't "just" have one.....it's a cumulative effect. Whether or not you have a power conditioner....

Spending a grand to over well over that just to find out whether or not they work is unacceptable to me. So, I tried one. No difference. I kept it (just in case).

Like many, I am wondering if these work or not.

In my case, I'd simply like to lower the noise floor. Nothing else.

If you have knowledge of these units? (and I am not confronting.....), please do tell.

Do they make a difference or not?

It seems that no one online is willing to spill the beans and give us the low down. Well, that comes with exceptions. There are these devices that cost $750 plus PER UNIT and those that have bought them, "claim" to be flabbergasted" by the end result.

I am open minded but still...

Tom
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,874
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I'd love to see what is inside the PS Audio item.

Edit: Found a pic.
    zligatljcj9m.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,055
    Options
    My "noise harvesters" serve a very important purpose for me. The blinky blue lights make for a great theft deterrent to any potential burglars in my listening building.
    As far as lowering line noise my emi meter shows me that when all my harvesters and quiet lines are connected and working they do lower emi line distortion by about 15-25 points.
  • treitz3
    Options
    The problem here is that I can't listen to measurements. Only see them. So the question becomes.....

Do you detect any audibly discernible difference?

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,647
    Options
    You're correct Tom, you need a couple down stream from the gear, not just one plugged into your gears outlet. So it's a case of knowing how the wiring comes into the room helps tremendously. If not you're just guessing and need them on both sides of the gear.
  • BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,319
    Options
    If y'all are genuinely interested in what this does, and want real measurements, here you go: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ps-audio-noise-harvester-ac-cleaner-review.14122/
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,294
    Options
    BeefJerky wrote: »
    If y'all are genuinely interested in what this does, and want real measurements, here you go: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ps-audio-noise-harvester-ac-cleaner-review.14122/

I'm sure if Topping made it instead of PS audio it would be the best thing ever.