Options
2»

Comments

• BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,319
    Options
    invalid wrote: »
    BeefJerky wrote: »
    If y'all are genuinely interested in what this does, and want real measurements, here you go: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ps-audio-noise-harvester-ac-cleaner-review.14122/

I'm sure if Topping made it instead of PS audio it would be the best thing ever.

That was about the reply I was expecting. The objective measurements are there, for better or for worse, and you can make your own decision...
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,192
    Options
    If y'all are genuinely interested in what this does, and want real measurements, here you go: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ps-audio-noise-harvester-ac-cleaner-review.14122/

I'm sure if Topping made it instead of PS audio it would be the best thing ever.

Truth! If it measures well it sounds great 🤣

2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,373
    Options
    I wouldn't trust that site to save an ant hill. Amir is a fool and an obnoxious hack.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,016
    Options
    I had these upstream & downstream of my gear.
    Rarely would I ever see the blue lights flickering at the new house. Sometimes when the wife would turn on the microwave I'd get a couple of bumps.
    At our previous house I had the nicest strobe light special effects ever while listening to the tunes 😬

I think it has a lot to do with how the circuits in one's house are configured?

We just happen to have landed in a house that was one of those show off all electric homes being promoted back in the mid 60's. Didn't find that out till later.

Maybe a tad more attention was payed to the electrical layout when it was being built, me not sure?

But the place does have these neat looking meaningless medallions in the concrete and on the home....
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,825
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    You're correct Tom, you need a couple down stream from the gear, not just one plugged into your gears outlet. So it's a case of knowing how the wiring comes into the room helps tremendously. If not you're just guessing and need them on both sides of the gear.

Ok, but that wouldn't work if one has a dedicated line.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,069
    Options
    Yeah sounds like with dedicated circuits they would be worthless
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2023
    Options
    There are some that have dedicated circuits, power conditioners and still use these....and they claim/state that they make a slight difference to a huge difference.

I have even read reports to where they plug one straight into the power conditioner and it made more of a difference there than anywhere else on the circuit. Kinda makes me wonder about the performance of the conditioner....but the ones they use cost about what a nice used car would cost.

That may be due to the wiring and noise bouncing off one leg of the phase onto the other phase that has the dedicated line(s).

I dunno. If they make a difference, I'd like to hear it. If not then these will move onto someone where they will/might make a difference.

Worth a try, at least.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,069
    Options
    True that
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • skipshot12
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    There are some that have dedicated circuits, power conditioners and still use these....and they claim/state that they make a slight difference to a huge difference.

I have even read reports to where they plug one straight into the power conditioner and it made more of a difference there than anywhere else on the circuit. Kinda makes me wonder about the performance of the conditioner....but the ones they use cost about what a nice used car would cost.

That may be due to the wiring and noise bouncing off one leg of the phase onto the other phase that has the dedicated line(s).

I dunno. If they make a difference, I'd like to hear it. If not then these will move onto someone where they will/might make a difference.

Worth a try, at least.

Tom

Interesting you mentioned someone putting the harvester on their power conditioner.
    I plugged one into the back of a monster cable 3500 I use for my tv. Depending on which outlet I put it in it would go from almost constant light to flickering to 3-5 times a second.
    Can’t remember which one of the marked outlets saw more or less activity.

Monster has the plugs on the back labeled from cd, dvd, to satellite box and everything in between.
    Made me wonder if the injected some type of harmonics dependent on a particular device.

Never plugged it into the back of my PS Audio P1000 power plant 😳
  • skipshot12
    Options
    On my system I never could hear a difference whether they did or didn’t do anything.

But, I’m always trying things. You’ll never find out if you don’t give it a go….
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,066
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Man, I already use them. They work great! How do you think I power up my rig?

iykni9bon3gw.png

Tom

Needs a Nordost logo on it someplace. B)
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,053
    Options
    Correct in they do not work on dedicated circuits. They also don't blink on the 120 leg that my Furman ref20i is plugged into. I've never tried plugging one into the back of the furman. If they don't blink on the same circuit as the furman I'm doubting they'd blink with even more noise filtering.
    Do they make any audible changes? To my ears no they do not. But the blinky blue lights keep the bad man out of my listening building so mine are staying put :)
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,281
    edited February 2023
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »

Truth! If it measures well it sounds great 🤣

Objective measurements, like when amir measured a large panel speaker like it was a small bookshelf speaker.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,471
    Options
    My "noise harvesters" serve a very important purpose for me. The blinky blue lights make for a great theft deterrent to any potential burglars in my listening building.
    As far as lowering line noise my emi meter shows me that when all my harvesters and quiet lines are connected and working they do lower emi line distortion by about 15-25 points.

This is interesting. Are you able to provide any context or way to quantify what those points mean? Genuinely curious.

I understand the whole point is in lowering the noise floor.
    I disabled signatures.
  • motorstereo
    Options
    ^^^^^I have an Alpha meter that measures emi line distortion. My simplest test was to plug in a harvester and remove it; no change in the meter. Next test was to plug and unplug all my harvesters and several quiet lines that I have. As I mentioned that lowered noise by around 15-25.

My lines normally run 4-500 on my standard household circuits. On the audio dedicated lines noise is about 60-100. From the back of my furman conditioner line noise is normally 20-40. On my supposedly clean inverter generator line noise is over 2,000 which is the highest I've ever measured. I use those alpha numbers as quick reference points. Simply put the higher the numbers are the noisier the line is.

I believe it was Verb that sent his alpha meter on a tour for anyone that wanted to measure their line noise a couple years ago. It's an interesting, fun and easy to use tool that requires nothing more than plugging it in to an outlet.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    I have @verb's meter at the moment. With his permission I could ship it to you @msg if you want to check it out.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,471
    Options
    Nah, but thanks, though. Too much responsibility - I'm trying to get stuff outta my house! I don't like borrowing stuff.

ooh, thanks for the explanation here, motor. I haven't had a chance to follow up on this.
    ^^^^^I have an Alpha meter that measures emi line distortion. My simplest test was to plug in a harvester and remove it; no change in the meter. Next test was to plug and unplug all my harvesters and several quiet lines that I have. As I mentioned that lowered noise by around 15-25.

My lines normally run 4-500 on my standard household circuits. On the audio dedicated lines noise is about 60-100. From the back of my furman conditioner line noise is normally 20-40. On my supposedly clean inverter generator line noise is over 2,000 which is the highest I've ever measured. I use those alpha numbers as quick reference points. Simply put the higher the numbers are the noisier the line is.

I believe it was Verb that sent his alpha meter on a tour for anyone that wanted to measure their line noise a couple years ago. It's an interesting, fun and easy to use tool that requires nothing more than plugging it in to an outlet.

I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    Options
    So, (Mods, feel free to move this out of the FS section of the forum) I have an update.

I was impressed enough with the IPurifier and the 3 PS Audio NH's, that I have decided to go for an upgrade to this aspect. There has been a lot of recent discussion about this purifier called "Puron".

I just ordered 5 Puron plug in noise filters for the rig.

Just like with the network aspect of the rig, they take away to offer you more. IME, they seem to take about 3 days to reach their full potential (in my rig) and using only one does not make that much of a difference. In my system, they work more as a cumulative effect.

Tom
  • motorstereo
    Options
    ^^^^^I'm glad to hear they're making a positive difference in your rig and I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on the Puron.
    I have 3 Furutech clearlines on my rig also even though I've been told by some electrical engineers that are educated beyond their capacity that they're "snake oil". I put an on off switch in my first one and both my wife and I were able to discern separately when it was on so that nullified the "snake oil" comments. I ordered a couple more so now I have an abundance of snake oil here running wild and free.
    Here's hoping the Purons elevate your rig even further.