What other hobbies do you have?

Options
13»

Comments

• mark090852
    Options
    Fast cars. My most recent purchase. 523 hp, 553 lb-ft of torque, 0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds. And obviously I have a small... lol1z4prgtvbgfx.jpg
    z0jgd4a0853r.jpg
    k2f7mu0ewxwx.jpg
    a692wwu817hm.jpg
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Looks great Mark!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    machone wrote: »
    I built this slot car layout for the grandkids. It has been lots of fun!

Way cool machone.
    Used to love going down to the slot car track, years ago 😳, to watch the old fellas race.
    What great memories…
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 328
    Options
    From about 8 to 12 I pretty much lived at the slot car track. Learned all sorts of useful skills like how to solder, heat treat metals, make DC electric motors, aerodynamics, run a lathe, use a multimeter, run a vacuum, stock a vending machine, and stay out of trouble. Raced in a few national events and moved on to real cars once I got a license. Still remember the sights, sounds, and smells of CanAm cars at Road America and the few times I got out on the track. But those are expensive hobbies and not cost effective for someone who's only average at best. My computer hobby was the one that paid off.
  • skipshot12
    Options
    Don’t do it as much anymore but, used to love tracking our Supra.
    Back in the 80’s my wife & I used to race scca in our 87 turbo soup.
    Miss those days.

A pick of our 89…..
    9k0wd8lifxr6.jpeg
    Last time I tracked her was in 2021 @ Supras in Vegas with my brother.
    First time he’d been on a track running with other cars. He was so hyped on Adrenalin he couldn’t speak for a few minutes after a 30 minute run 👍

She looks stock but 🤣…
    525 hp & 560 ft/lbs to the rears.
    KSport RR coil overs with Toyo r888’s.

Age has restricted my love for the track now as I’m more in tune with my mortality, the no-fear cells in my grey matter have long since gone!
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    Does my secondary system count as another hobby??
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    That depends, have you started the half bath rig yet?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    wn96zmmu4u1k.jpeg

Can just being outside be a hobby? Camping, trail riding, hiking etc.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 328
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »

A pick of our 89…..
    9k0wd8lifxr6.jpeg
    First time he’d been on a track running with other cars. He was so hyped on Adrenalin he couldn’t speak for a few minutes after a 30 minute run 👍

Hard to tell but that looks a bit like a 3000GT/Stealth on the right.
  • Milito
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Milito that looks awesome! I imagine that's not an inexpensive setup you have there. I know nothing about iRacing, but I'd love to sit down in something like what you have there and give it a go.

The closest I ever got was, I took a tour of an aviation training facility, and they let us "play around" on the flight simulator. By play, I mean they figured we'd all crash the plane or have to default to autopilot, and our host left the room for a bit. When he came back, he was flabbergasted to see I had actually landed the plane safely. Must have been all that Nintendo Top Gun playing I did in the 80s, as none of the others with me even came close to controlling the plane.

I figure I'd crash and burn pretty quickly on your iRacing kit, but if you're ever on a jumbo jet with me and the pilots pass out, I'll do my best to save everyone on board.

If you or anyone else on here is in the DFW area, let me know and you can come try it out.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    edited January 2023
    Options
    As an offshoot to my used album collecting I pull found
    hairs on the LPs and save them in a jar by the door. :#
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • skipshot12
    edited January 2023
    Options
    stevep wrote: »

A pick of our 89…..
    9k0wd8lifxr6.jpeg

Hard to tell but that looks a bit like a 3000GT/Stealth on the right.

Good eye Steve, 92 VR4.
    wy67troaea3n.jpg
    Taken at Deti stadium across the street from the hoose
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    edited January 2023
    Options
    xzesr8uqy4cb.jpeg

29myxopa19m8.jpeg

ah6bwtqbpnio.jpeg

My most recent addition. BMW M2.

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • skipshot12
    Options
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    9k0wd8lifxr6.jpeg

Supra is awesome. I just recently got rid of my 2022 3.0 Supra and got the BMW.

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    If you or anyone else on here is in the DFW area, let me know and you can come try it out.

I live in Houston, so I may have a chance to take you up on that!! (In fact, I'll be in Fort Worth this week for work, but no downtime.)
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    In the Winter months I enjoy a very amateurish wood working hobby by rebuilding several pair of SDA's over the years and making a few equipment racks along the way.

Those racks look fantastic! A skill I wish I had, that's for sure!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    @Milito

What pedals are you using? Look HPP like from the small amount i can see in the pic. I haven't fired up my rig in a very long time. I definitely need to. I rocked an Accuforce for a while, upgraded (i think) to a VRS about a year ago and really haven't touched the sim since
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Milito
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @stangman67

They are HPP PRX's. How do you like the VRS?

What sim?
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    Poker - HE, PLO, PLO8
    Boardsailing - flat water windsurfing
    Target Shooting - started with my Dad, first rifle of my own at 12
    Travel - domestic and abroad
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • VR3
    Options
    Encouraging others to acquire audio equipment thru any many necessary and legal
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,346
    Options
    ...to include photos and reviews. Sometimes before they are even unboxed. o:)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Options
    Side hobby, but yes! 🚀