One can dream, can't they? - Audio Exotics

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Heard an MBL xtreme w full mbl amps at a dealer in Houston. Didn’t like it.
    Heard a 101e and was ready to write them off, it was a proper room with good acoustics. I must say, I haven’t heard front to back imaging like that day. I was so distracted by the stage depth, I couldn’t evaluate much else.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    invalid wrote: »
    yter8na9g6mg.png
    Wait. That chair is 100k??
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    I call those amps baby coffins.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    F1nut wrote: »
    I call those amps baby coffins.

You’re right. Largest rectangles I’ve seen with the most ostentatious gold designs.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited November 2022
    Baby coffins, you say? (From earlier in the thread)

xl1sv7kgy68n.png

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Joey_V
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Baby coffins, you say? (From earlier in the thread)

xl1sv7kgy68n.png

Tom

Is that a tube amp?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    edited November 2022
  • Joey_V
    Wow
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    Needs more gold accents
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    All that gear just to listen to The Bodyguard soundtrack.
    o8kxpw34oi1w.png
  • treitz3
    wmrq15r0kqps.png

scwzjg10x12s.png

o7pl0foadlgj.png

owqqj5csaor1.png

Living Voice Vox Olympian horn speaker and Elysian sub combo. Pricey at about a half million dollars but apparently they sound as good as they look. They would be perfect for a powder room rig.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    Those are snazzy Tom!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Alright, back to business....

0x9p3pzttdc6.png

x5d5l2dawrv8.png

Without a doubt, one of the absolute sexiest rigs I have laid my eyes upon! Hubba, hubba...

Tom

Holy moly.

Jaw to floor.

Is that a billet alloy faced subwoofer tower?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • treitz3
    Sure does look like it....$$$$$

j35mdkv6rbdt.png

Avalon Acoustics Tesseract loudspeakers - AKA "Darth Vader". They are much bigger than they appear here in this picture and dig down to 16Hz.

s8so3fxibc2b.png

The last photo may be subject to copyright - credit to https://www.airtaudio.com/product/tesseract-signature/

Tom
  • treitz3
    bhw2nyuhpk5b.png

Silvercore Audio TB3/1000 NeoHybrid Custom tube amplifier.

Tom
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,271
    150 watt SET monoblocks
  • treitz3
    ldkn35zhimw0.png

s9172832254y.png

263hji5h9i41.png

At only a cool quarter mil, you can check out Estelon Extreme Mk II's in Midnight Opera.

Tom
  • Joey_V
    The last Two speakers are something else
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    They need to invent speaks with dancing arms to the music.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • VR3
    Never heard Avalon but always liked their designs and driver choices.

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    You know you are hardcore when....

xtfv7irgtdan.png

Tom
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Are those shavers?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    Cartridges.

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Are those bedroom toys?

FIXED!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    o1xek43siefj.png

Tom
  • treitz3
    n3maijrjvnwf.png

Dan's Relentless 1500 Mono Block Amplifier’s. Almost 3 feet in length.

Tom
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 674
    o1xek43siefj.png

Tom

I am definitely not an expert on speaker placement, but aren't those speakers too close to the side walls?
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • VR3
    Really depends on personal preference.

From what I heard in Singapore, soundstage was not a super high priority
  • treitz3
    The very best way to do it is to have no sidewalls whatsoever. No can do when in indoors though.

Tom
  • treitz3
    rpvk9iv90zvq.png

Here they are again, this time, in a different color and with a sub. Here's one for the Doc'....Diesis Audio horns baby.

4kck5ax1tv0o.png

utq585wrhegt.png

Whoops. That's not a photo for this thread....but......hubba, hubba....(we'll leave it anyways) ;)

dis27h9brg93.png

22nccrwri125.png

wi0fmvrswr9l.png

Tom