New speakers for the man cave

Options
13»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Leave them playing at low levels with an FM tuner (or internet radio station, etc.) while you aren't actively listening, it'll dramatically speed up the time necessary to break in the crossovers.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    10 hours?!? what?!?? you POSeur!!!
    I disabled signatures.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    10 hours?!? what?!?? you POSeur!!!

I know I know….

Busy time for me so I don’t get a lot of dedicated man-room time :#
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • msg
    Options
    haha, that's alright, apparently we're all making up your slackery.
    these things are pretty great, though.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Well, yesterday I proved to myself once again how much of a dumba$$ I am. The Linton's were kicking it right out of the box, clean, clear airy top end...and then after around 40-50 hours they went dull on me. Treble just took a big step back and turned very 'mellow', I just figured they were still running in and this is part of the process.

I hadn't removed the grills since receiving them, until last evening and soon realized the tweeters were on the outside of the cabinet instead of the inside. I removed the speakers from their boxes which were marked R & L and setup accordingly...but, I didn't bother reading the Manual when I set them up, I mean who does that ;)

The Manual clearing states that "Tweeters need to be on the inside and the Grill Badges on the outside" switched the Linton's around and everything came back into focus and the treble is back and the imaging correct once again B)

So, I'm going to blame this one on the poor guy in the factory that puts these in the boxes :D and not because I'm a dumba$$
  • msg
    Options
    Not just you, Mike. In my excitement, I lost track of which was which after unpacking, thinking there'd be an R and L on them. Noht. Read that grill badges bit three times looking back and forth before being satisfied I had them right. I was able to see behind the grill with a flashlight to see that the tweeters were inside to double check myself :)
    I disabled signatures.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    I rolled a different tube in the DAC and the center image is returning to where it was previously, the clarity and air, yet rich presentation is back. Also turned on the Subs to accompany the low end.

Been working on placement, where I think I've finally found the sweet spot, raised the front of the stands to help elevate the image a tad bit. The Linton's are sounding the best they have since I originally set them up.

Guessing around 90-100 hours in and I'm grinning :)