Freight man is here: one day my wife will kill me

Options
Joey_V
Joey_V Posts: 8,518
edited January 2023 in 2 Channel Audio
Been waiting a while for this, new speaker day! Can’t wait to install and integrate into the system.73ojeooe8eow.jpeg
e1bbcqvzvdgu.jpeg
tecbq2nbm3ds.jpeg

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• Joey_V
    Options
    It’s in the garage, I’m gonna take a nap first
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,519
    Options
    Yes, she is on the F bee eye watch list now. :#
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,312
    Options
    Whadya' get? Good luck with the other half.

I seem to recall you were eyeing the Magico's?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    It’s in the garage, I’m gonna take a nap first

Yeah better to die well rested 😉
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Nah...you can sleep when you're dead. I hope your will includes karma instructions for giving away your gear on Club Polk B)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Ok I’m awake from power nap

I was so sleepy when it was delivered this morning…

Guy rings the bell, I’m in pajamas
    He says I got some audio gear for you.
    Rolls one in, he says but wait - there’s more.
    Rolls the other one in.

I looked at it then at him, I say “my wife will kill me.”

“Have a fun day sir!”

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited January 2023
    Options
    You should have had effective countermeasures in place. New designer purses, shoes, jewelry, etc. :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Wait for dealer or just start without him….
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Wait, unless you want a slipped disc.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    Good advice there. Or have your wife give you a hand…
  • Joey_V
    Options
    x210jrfgbbya.jpeg
    kenf1yvtg90v.jpeg
  • skipshot12
    Options
    Good start would be to have a really nice supper you made for her and carry on from there.

Next step is what SC said above 😂

Best of luck to you sir.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    Good start would be to have a really nice supper you made for her and carry on from there.

Best of luck to you sir.

Last night, I got the call that they were coming today
    My wife didn’t know about it
    So I washed the sheets and did extra errands around the house like prep the kids’ snacks for school for the week…

Then I debated do I tell her now or wait till they arrive.

I told her speakers were coming today, last night.

“Okaaaaay…..”

:|
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    I hope that's not her parking spot in the garage...that would put things off to a bad start. I'm sure your kids will be excited...so maybe try to tap into that.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Tell her if she doesn't like it she can sleep in the crates for a night. That'll learn her.
  • skipshot12
    Options
    skipshot12 wrote: »

Best of luck to you sir.

Last night, I got the call that they were coming today
    My wife didn’t know about it
    So I washed the sheets and did extra errands around the house like prep the kids’ snacks for school for the week…

Then I debated do I tell her now or wait till they arrive.

I told her speakers were coming today, last night.

“Okaaaaay…..”

:|

You just may be on your speaker acceptance journey my friend, excellent…. 👍
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Tell her if she doesn't like it she can sleep in the crates for a night. That'll learn her.

Dibs on his gear !!
  • skipshot12
    Options

Way funny.
    Not sure I’d go this route though 🤣
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Lol I know. I like to talk **** but there's no way I'd say that to my wife either :D
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Lol I know. I like to talk **** but there's no way I'd say that to my wife either :D

If I ever said that to my wife, it’s gonna be a free for all for my gear. She’s gonna put all that in the curb
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Congratulations again Joey! Can’t wait to see them all set up and your review!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Set up delayed
    Sent on errands by the ceo
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options

If I ever said that to my wife, it’s gonna be a free for all for my gear. She’s gonna put all that in the curb

What is the address so I can come by and pick everything up?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,312
    Options
    "Yes, Dear" should be your standard answer for a while.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Set up delayed
    Sent on errands by the ceo

Uh oh! Her boyfriend must be coming over.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    edited January 2023
    Options
    lol @ using the metal/plastic straps as a belt