Freight man is here: one day my wife will kill me

Joey_V
Joey_V Posts: 8,505
edited January 2023 in 2 Channel Audio
Been waiting a while for this, new speaker day! Can’t wait to install and integrate into the system.73ojeooe8eow.jpeg
e1bbcqvzvdgu.jpeg
tecbq2nbm3ds.jpeg

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• Joey_V
    It’s in the garage, I’m gonna take a nap first
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Yes, she is on the F bee eye watch list now. :#
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Whadya' get? Good luck with the other half.

I seem to recall you were eyeing the Magico's?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Nah...you can sleep when you're dead. I hope your will includes karma instructions for giving away your gear on Club Polk B)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
  • Joey_V
    Wait for dealer or just start without him….
  • Clipdat
    Wait, unless you want a slipped disc.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Good advice there. Or have your wife give you a hand…
  • Joey_V
    x210jrfgbbya.jpeg
    kenf1yvtg90v.jpeg
  • Good start would be to have a really nice supper you made for her and carry on from there.

Next step is what SC said above 😂

Best of luck to you sir.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I hope that's not her parking spot in the garage...that would put things off to a bad start. I'm sure your kids will be excited...so maybe try to tap into that.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Joey_V wrote: »
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    Good start would be to have a really nice supper you made for her and carry on from there.

Next step is what SC said above 😂

Best of luck to you sir.

Last night, I got the call that they were coming today
    My wife didn’t know about it
    So I washed the sheets and did extra errands around the house like prep the kids’ snacks for school for the week…

Then I debated do I tell her now or wait till they arrive.

I told her speakers were coming today, last night.

“Okaaaaay…..”

:|

You just may be on your speaker acceptance journey my friend, excellent…. 👍
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    Tell her if she doesn't like it she can sleep in the crates for a night. That'll learn her.

Way funny.
    Not sure I’d go this route though 🤣
  • Clipdat
    Lol I know. I like to talk **** but there's no way I'd say that to my wife either :D
  • Joey_V
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Lol I know. I like to talk **** but there's no way I'd say that to my wife either :D

If I ever said that to my wife, it’s gonna be a free for all for my gear. She’s gonna put all that in the curb
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Congratulations again Joey! Can’t wait to see them all set up and your review!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Joey_V
    Set up delayed
    Sent on errands by the ceo
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    "Yes, Dear" should be your standard answer for a while.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    edited January 2023
    lol @ using the metal/plastic straps as a belt