Can I use XLR cable with RCA adapters

Options
2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    "Naive" was perhaps a poor choice of words on my part, but we shouldn't be surprised that the cost to re-terminate a $1,000 cable is about double the cost for re-terminating a $500 cable. I agree that it is excessive, but again, not surprising.

Btw, I am an ambidextrous solderer. Maybe I could get some part-time work with WireWorld.

The big money in soldering goes to the folks who can do this...

pf6cm1upr1to.png

Talk about a quick worker. :#B)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    **** Thanos techs
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    $350 = WW doesn't want to re-terminate the cables.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    you could try it with adapters from an easy returns place like Amazon and see what you think. I just saw some Cardas ones for $120. see what you think. then you still have your WW RCAs XLRs for when you realize you don't like your new amp? :D
    https://www.amazon.com/Cardas-Audio-Male-Adapters-MRCA-MXLR/dp/B00VMVJ6K6
    Not that it matters, but I wrote incorrectly earlier in the thread.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    If you do use those adapters you need to support the connectors coming off the amplifier as that will cause alot of pressure on the rca jack and they are not really designed to have that much weight hanging off the end
    Yeah, I agree. I think one of these would provide the necessary support to both connectors.
    a4bhdidqa7r8.png

I disabled signatures.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    ....... then you still have your WW RCAs for when you realize you don't like your new amp? :D

9ec4idh0btl2.png
    [/quote]

Ha ha....not likely to happen!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dragon1952
    Options
    rebelsoul wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    you could try it with adapters from an easy returns place like Amazon and see what you think. I just saw some Cardas ones for $120. see what you think. then you still have your WW RCAs for when you realize you don't like your new amp? :D

9ec4idh0btl2.png

I would try these first. Not a huge investment and Amazon easy return policy

I got the Nuetriks from Parts Express....total of around $60 for 4. I would have had them
    up and running for a week already if they hadn't screwed the order and sent me all 4 with XLR male ends :^ /
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • msg
    Options
    Sounds like they're having trouble telling the difference these days. Did you email back with pictures, or a sketch?
    I disabled signatures.
  • dragon1952
    Options
    Yeah they asked for pics. The packaging was mislabeled on one of them saying female and it was actually males. They shipped the correct ones for free, allbeit by snail mail when I originally paid for Priority, and they let me keep the mislabeled ones.