Things that make you go HMMM...

Options
123457»

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    For all you people who want to be an audiophile. Here's your starter kit! :D

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ele/d/portland-audiophile-starter-kit/7529006498.html

Clicked on the link. All I got was "404, audiophile not found". Damn, the internet gets better every day!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    The head collection makes me NOT want to go there.

qkxlx5hlf88x.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Just mist and wipe with a little Holy Water....all good

Don't go alone ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Those Romans built incredible roads, dead straight with one helluva foundation. They started by digging down about 3 feet and layered up from there.

qujild91omd5.png
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Woman calls 911 to report ‘pink meat’ at a North Carolina barbecue restaurant
    A customer at a North Carolina barbecue restaurant called 911 because of the way her pork looked

LOL...Now this is the definition of a Karen... :D:D:D

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/woman-calls-911-report-pink-meat-north-carolina-barbecue-restaurant
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited November 2022
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Those Romans built incredible roads, dead straight with one helluva foundation. They started by digging down about 3 feet and layered up from there.

qujild91omd5.png

Yea the times we have been to Europe, I noticed overall how much better their roads were in regards to their main roads.

I read an article numerous years ago how they build their roads to last much longer than ours.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    I wonder what becomes of them when alcohol is involved…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    Options
    I wonder what becomes of them when alcohol is involved…

I think he WAS referring to when alcohol was involved.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    Options
    You would know Rob! lol
    That was a sober story, though.
    If alcohol were involved, the story would have been the same, I would just have written it in my underwear. And in all caps.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Don't step on a Croc, you'll break your mother's bock.
  • msg
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Getting ready for a "Glamping" trip and hurriedly walked into the home office shortly after relocating a spare sub to a "new" location completely forgot. it was dark. Don't we have a thread for audio gear injuries?

@Hermitism - this is just poetic justice for my jokey allusion to @headrott catapulting himself into a curio, isn't it?
    sob.

Whatever. Ref'd one of the SDA magnet shift threads, applied Loctite Powergrab.
    This site rocks. Good as new. Messed up my hair though. @F1nut 's would still be perfectly groomed.
    Carry on, inmates.
    scjgvka8qaga.png
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    :#:#:#
    Now you have to worry about catching that flesh eating virus

Enjoy your glamping trip, and don't worry, you still maintain your "invisible man" status :)

• msg
    Options
    Invite to Bugout?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    edited November 2022
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Invite to Bugout?!?

After you learn secret handshake

https://youtu.be/kmM9b0MNaJQ

• msg
    Options
    I'd like wild boar bacon, Ron.
    If I gotta wrestle it down, I will.
    I've been to prison.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    edited November 2022
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I'd like wild boar bacon, Ron.
    If I gotta wrestle it down, I will.
    I've been to prison.

I see you learned Haiku in prison too...well close enuff for me, rednecks can't count

• audioluvr
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• audioluvr
    Options
    I don't think lowballing is going to be an issue...
    9pphrqtam35z.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• audioluvr
    Options
    Oh look! The Germans have just discovered ginger has medicinal benefits!

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-02-pungent-ginger-compound-immune-cells.amp
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,273
    edited March 3
    Options

Ginger does have some medicinal properties, useful for increasing blood flow to the extremities
    12rlsgj5tjxk.jpg

However, I also believe Mary Ann has increased medicinal possibilities. 🤔

nj51glesqz6c.jpg

(Truth be told, things have been a little slow at the Ponderosa lately so....well... let's not dismiss Mrs Powell too hastily 🤗)
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options

rucpfvcvqto1.jpeg

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    Options

rucpfvcvqto1.jpeg

Nice Amp!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC