New vs old processor

My integra 80.2.is starting to have hdmi issues. I have a 3.1 system, and all video is run-through my oled. I have a sharc to process earc. What would be my best options for movie sound quality? I have an anthem pre 2l with ht bypass handling my music. What about an older anthem statement d2v? Any better options below $1k?
ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables

Comments

• dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 560
    Elaborating...would either an older Anthem D2v or Marantz 8801 or newer match or better my Anthem pre2l? Or is a separate 2 channel preamp still king?
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,271
    A separate two channel preamp is still best for music
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    dagame27 wrote: »
    My integra 80.2.is starting to have hdmi issues. I have a 3.1 system, and all video is run-through my oled. I have a sharc to process earc. What would be my best options for movie sound quality? I have an anthem pre 2l with ht bypass handling my music. What about an older anthem statement d2v? Any better options below $1k?

What speakers are you running? Can you really hear a difference with atmos on 3.1? In other words, must the avr have earc? Because that the really drives up the price…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • dagame27
    Von schweikert vr2 and lcr15 center. My integra decodes true hd and dts hd...but is showing signs of hdmi issues
  • dagame27
    I definitely hear a difference between the lossless 4k bluray/bluray formats and loss dd+
  • dagame27
    Also, I have a sharc to help with earc...so do not need
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    A Marantz AV7702 or AV7703 should be in the thousand dollar or less price range. The main "upgrade" in the last four years or so has been in video processing up to 8K and built in streaming support. The HDMI version in the processor has to fully support 4K video processing but that shouldn't be an issue and the basics of audio processing hasn't really changed for quite a few years now.

Another option is to find a receiver since the system isn't 9.x.x and the Anthem Pre-2L doesn't need balanced connections that a processor tends to have and cost more for. I would recommend a processor though.
  • dagame27
    I went impulse buy...which I rarely do. I got a good price on a sr7012 receiver. We'll try the old avr as a pre pro...and perhaps use the additional amplifier channels for something else