Options
2»

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,030
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is a little more normal -
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Somebody call a doctor.

Trey is using Sonicaps, what's next Mills resistors. :):)
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    edited September 2013
    Options
    gimpod wrote: »
    Somebody call a doctor.

Trey is using Sonicaps, what's next Mills resistors. :):)

it's just for illustration purposes only :0
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    edited September 2013
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    I am a dealer :-D Thanks :)

I know a dude ssh don't tell anybody....(looking around being sneaky)
  • VR3
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Hehe, this was something a customer sent me to build, he supplied the parts. it is Sonicap/Mills. I hide resistors on the bottom.

Definitely will not be a normal thing... :-P
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Just wanted to stop by and leave a few comments on work Trey did and the end result now that everything has broken in.

The construction of the crossovers was perfect. Very well done. Professional and sturdy.

The sound is perfect. And while thats such a bold word to use, here is the example to keep in mind. Everywhere I go now: A Social, Bar, Buddies place, the car, audio shop, etc etc etc... nothing compares or comes close. There is such a special and intimate experience you get now that you find yourself missing when experiencing music elsewhere. I remembered my 3.1TL's sounding great after I first got them, but now I've had the pleasure to have them fully hot-rodded and the results are as true as other owners here have stated.

The mods are ALL worth it. The results will change your perception. The music, is its OWN reward.

Thanks to the following people for there help, knowledge and education:

heiney9
    DK
    F1nut
    Toolfan66
    Face
    MikeReeter
    headrott
    tonyb
    nspindal
    gimpod
    EndersShadow
    nooshinjohn

and many more of which I'm sure I'm forgetting...but the most important person to thank is Trey (VR3). Thanks again for your lovely Karma to do my crossovers at no charge. Thanks for the opportunity to try your services and thanks for being patient with me while pursuing the end result of this project.

Other than gear changes, the wont be touched again (only to receive new grill cloth).

Thanks ClubPolk.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,099
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thanks Drenis for including me in that list.

Try giving Magnepan a call for the grill cloth. I got the stuff used on the outer panels of the MG-20.7's. It is VERY shear, so you will need to track down some black paint(hard to do, I know:smile:) to paint the grill frames, but the look and feel of the material is top shelf all the way. I have not been able to duplicate the look in photographs properly, but you can actually see the silhouettes of the drivers through the cloth, along with a bit of shine from the cones. It takes the look to another level, very classy.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Andre thank you for the awesome write up! I really enjoy reading things such as that!

Keep on a rocking!
  • robinofsherwood
    robinofsherwood Posts: 25
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It all seems black and white to me.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hey Andre, Glad you have your 3.1's almost finished. They will reward you for years to come, enjoy!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hey Drenis, glad your diggin' your speakers. See, we wouldn't lie to ya bro. Trey does fantastic work and knows Polk speakers inside out. Anyone looking to have quality work done on their speakers, Trey aka VR3 is your man. I know he will be my go to guy when my Legacy's crossovers finally need it.

New joint, new redone speakers, life's looking pretty good up there for ya.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • VR3
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words!

I am able to hear my modifications every once in a while and when I first started doing the SDA modifications I had an opportunity to hear them in the 1.2TL and it was quite the experience. I am glad Andre is enjoying those bad boys! :)
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Glad you enjoy the 3.1TL's Drenis. They are truely great speakers. If in the future, I don't have roomm for the 2.3TL's (God forbid) I will be using my 3.1TL's as my main speakers. It's great Trey can supply us all with either the items needed to so we can do the mods ourselves or to supply the items and do the mods for us. VR3Mods all the way, eh!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • VR3
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Recent 3.1tl build! I did not solder the top joints in this pic, before the keyboard warriors come out haha.

ix5rolxw1fn7.jpg
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,698
    Options
    Sweet copper donuts.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    Options
    Taste good!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    Slight metallic taste though.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hytekrednek
    Options
    Trey's work on my 2.3TL x-overs and harnesses was second to none also. It looks beautiful, and sounds stunning. Keep up the great works of art bud!
  • VR3
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words!
  • VR3
    Options
    More 3.1tl love!

bd9qcynyj4vb.jpg
    ahyaa9hhy1w7.jpg

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,698
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    More 3.1tl lust!

bd9qcynyj4vb.jpg
    ahyaa9hhy1w7.jpg

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Another work of art!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus