Parasound JC5 amp + Polk L800 speakers

Options
Is the Parasound JC5 amplifier a good match for the Polk L800 speakers? Is it compatible (and ideal) for SDA?

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Your best bet is to call Parasound and ask if it is a dual differential amp and common ground. If it is dual differential it is not a good candidate

I know several here use the A21/A21+ on older SDA speakers.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,099
    Options
    Common ground is no longer an issue.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    A forum member checked with Parasound directly on the JC5 and was told it is compatible with the L800s

I have a JC5 but don't use it with my L800s. I wouldn't have any concerns if I did. I instead use it with a pair of JM Lab Electras.

Is it ideal for the L800s? Don't know as that'll depend on what an owner wants. I can say that it is quite a bit different in sound signature and performance than a standard Parasound design like an A21, A23, etc.