Parasound JC5 amp + Polk L800 speakers

Is the Parasound JC5 amplifier a good match for the Polk L800 speakers? Is it compatible (and ideal) for SDA?

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 22,123
    edited November 2022
    Your best bet is to call Parasound and ask if it is a dual differential amp and common ground. If it is dual differential it is not a good candidate

I know several here use the A21/A21+ on older SDA speakers.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,062
    Common ground is no longer an issue.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Arcam AVR21, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Yamaha CD-S2100 SACD Player.

In retirement...TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive,

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 3,893
    A forum member checked with Parasound directly on the JC5 and was told it is compatible with the L800s

I have a JC5 but don't use it with my L800s. I wouldn't have any concerns if I did. I instead use it with a pair of JM Lab Electras.

Is it ideal for the L800s? Don't know as that'll depend on what an owner wants. I can say that it is quite a bit different in sound signature and performance than a standard Parasound design like an A21, A23, etc.