Weather at Your House?

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Fort Myers Beach is pretty much destroyed.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Hurricanes suck! :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Right after I replaced my flag, I took down all our wind chimes.

While taking down the wind chimes, the flag was getting whipped pretty hard so I took the pole and flag back down till this storm passes tonight.

We got 2" of rain since last night. :o

The wind is about 25 to 35 pretty steady.

The cable went out last night at midnight. We had it back this morning at 7am though.

The lights just flickered.

Seeing the pictures/videos of the destruction that Florida sustained is a sad sight and I'm saddened for all affected by this Hurricane. :'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    edited September 2022
    We are feeling the effects in Coastal Virginia. Obviously nothing comparable to Florida, but we have 7 or 8 trees down in the neighborhood and power lines down everywhere. Our whole area has been without power for 6 hours. I started up the generator and ran extension cords to the essentials, sump pumps,fridge, wifi and tv are going. I went to the gas station to refill my gas can and right as I was topping it off the gas station all buildings in sight lost power as well. Not getting any better, wind is picking up as the hours roll on
    Post edited by stangman67 on
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    You have to have a Facebook account in order to see this but I found this to be of great interest. It is a video that survived an estimated 18 feet up in the air (obviously connected to something sturdy) during a 15 foot storm surge.

It shows what it saw from when the hurricane rolled in to the aftermath, without wasting much of your time at all. It will give you new found respect for the awesome power of Mother Nature, even if you already had mad respect....

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=758608841903747&__cft__[0]=AZXaEWGmFznj4eC0z8sTdWfAesAm77_985stP_pk9DTVi2UtUND3v45CUKRBwcuNV6ISMtE7aXoApE7DxSnouZsxNmRvfkcFpjRKz5_lSZ-uz_1ElEPxJbXIoRnt8SeFVotQ8M4jeiMiErHUPf3okKTMtCfVG1QWV-EGjsGdKvFL7sL699Cmwl3V2Migy_4DC5_b4yLl-f35_c5yL1P0BhGX&__tn__=,O,P-R

Here are some stills from the video....

a5c8uduyox0n.png

bn14wjfuj9hm.png

yh5xizsgd3bc.png

q2c4ljx4h5b7.png

This next one is right before the camera got submerged into the water....

9husrqshbgw2.png

The aftermath and the second one was another shot of "before"....

ouh874znvjuj.png
    a5c8uduyox0n.png

Mother Nature basically said......in my best Cartman voice....

x81wfno4tt58.png

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    We feel bad for all that Ian has left people to deal with. At times like this we are thankful that we live in an area that does not get extreme weather except for the occasional heavy snowfall.

With that said, I sure wish the temps would get out of the low 50s...supposed to be near 70 this time of year.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    It's been raining here almost non-stop since Thursday and it's not supposed to stop until Thursday.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Ian has left us beautiful weather since the day it passed. 75 and sunny low humidity. A true blessing for all those still without power...sadly the death toll continues to rise as the outer/barrier islands are searched....
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    We are 21c today and 22 feels like 24c tomorrow. Pool is 32c went for a family swim after dinner and we'll do the same tomorrow. After that heater being turned off.
  • NotaSuv
    This from an article posted today..............sadly when disasters are out of the front page all tend to forget about them and their victims.

It’s been more than two weeks since Ian hit Central Florida and many communities along the St. Johns River still are inundated with water.

“And this is just because such a large area of east Central Florida drains into the St. Johns River. We had this 15- to 20-inch rainfall amounts that occurred over portions of the area, and that rainfall, a lot of it, is draining into the St. Johns River,” said Jessie Smith, hydrology program manager for the National Weather Service Melbourne.

Smith said even though we saw a dry stretch after Ian, it still took a long time for the water to drain into the river basins and to crest.

“And so these amounts, when combined with this rainfall, it's truly been a historic event and many of our sites are well above the previous record floods,” Smith said. “Several of them occurred back in the ‘50s.”

Now that St. Johns River has risen, it will take exponentially longer for it to go down. One of the reasons is that the south-to-north flowing river lacks any elevation.

“The elevation change is only about 30 feet. So it's a matter of inches as you're going downstream. Since the river flows south to north, so that it changed an elevation of 30 feet, really is just a crawl,” Smith said.

Smith grew up along the St. Johns River and knows it well. She said it normally takes two weeks for water to flow from the St. Johns River starting point in Indian River County to Duval County where it reaches the Atlantic Ocean near Mayport.

This watershed will not reach normal levels until around Thanksgiving 6-8 more weeks of being flooded out....
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    This has been going on for a month now. If it would just keep this up for a few more months...

x6meazm3fwu1.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    zmlalgnt3h2a.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    We got flurries last week! Way too soon! This week back up to the mid 70s though. But, its coming, winter, inevitable. :(
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Same here...
    Snow started yesterday afternoon and into early this morning. Luckily the ground is still warm enough that nothing's standing.
    At 7,200' feet winter comes early.
  • verb
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    Same here...
    Snow started yesterday afternoon and into early this morning. Luckily the ground is still warm enough that nothing's standing.
    At 7,200' feet winter comes early.

Dang dude where do you live?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Willow
    Went mountain biking yesterday solo, it was 19c today went with my son( pd day) I took the day off and it was 21c. Beautiful fall biking. We almost got wiped out by 2 🦌. They jumped across the path about 6-8 feet in front of me.
  • verb
    Laramie, WY

Sounds cold ! :)
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Willow wrote: »
    Went mountain biking yesterday solo, it was 19c today went with my son( pd day) I took the day off and it was 21c. Beautiful fall biking. We almost got wiped out by 2 🦌. They jumped across the path about 6-8 feet in front of me.

You'll always remember that. Love the fall outdoors
    Randy/Maine
  • Willow
    Tomorrow we are headed to 22c but feels like 26c. Oddly enough, the following night it will feel like -2c
  • Nightfall
    Laramie, WY

I used to live in the mountains in Evergreen CO same elevation. Winter is very different up there than even at about 5k where I am now.

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    Ya winter sucks, gonna be 84° here tomorrow.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    im
    Ya winter sucks, gonna be 84° here tomorrow.

Shuddap..
  • Nightfall
    It's mother flipping cold out here I wasn't ready for this

• NotaSuv
    Here we go again...............we look to be in the front right of the storm so we could see a bit of nasty weather....winds from Ian never went over 50/60 mph calling for 80mph gusts with Nicole and more beaches carried out back to where they came from...dont fark with Mother Nature
  • verb
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    Here we go again...............we look to be in the front right of the storm so we could see a bit of nasty weather....winds from Ian never went over 50/60 mph calling for 80mph gusts with Nicole and more beaches carried out back to where they came from...dont fark with Mother Nature

Hopefully you guy will be safe. And looks like NASA has rescheduled the Artemis launch to Nov 16.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    She's just a bit north of me right now. All is good. Just a good blow and a soaking in my area. Whew!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable