Audio Thesis fest October 15th

2»

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    99% of the time, Russ is the first one to pass out...reminds me of my grandfather.

The other 1%, Willie beats him to the punch.

:D
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    If I was there, I would have beat him.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    xe7rbm1xqlyb.jpg
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    What are the chrome lookin' things on top?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Go to carbide.com
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Marvin, I did and immediately reared my head back in confusion.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Go to carbide.com

Marvin's had one to many...carbide audio

https://carbide.audio/carbide-base/
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• treitz3
    Okay......do they work or are they just for show? They make no sense to me being on top of the units.....based upon the fact that they are isolation units. I don't see any in use in any of the rigs.

Tom

• txcoastal1
    Standby...reaching out using my mental telepathy...I'll get back to you

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Do they make a diamond encrusted model? Asking for a friend
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Made it late this year, but was really glad to see the few guys that I did. We had a really great demo comparing Norma amps and a couple AQ Niagara units. But overall, we just had a great time hanging out. Hope to see more of ya'll the next time this rolls around!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • erniejade
    It was great to see you as well. The Niagara units was a big Suprise in sound difference. We all heard the same things right off the bat.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • txcoastal1
    erniejade wrote: »
    It was great to see you as well. The Niagara units was a big Suprise in sound difference. We all heard the same things right off the bat.

@erniejade Can you answer Tom's question about why the isolation feet were placed on top of the equipment
    treitz3 wrote: »
    What are the chrome lookin' things on top?

Tom

• erniejade
    Unfortunately, I did not hear it with and without them on top of the equipment. I can say they are built well. The last time I heard the main rig, he did not have them on their but, there was many changes since last year when I heard it. Different streamer, Dac, Amp's, power, speaker RCA cables. There was a huge improvement from what I heard last year.

Skip said he was playing around with them on top and in different places on the equipment and he said he could hear a difference but, I did not take them off to see if I could tell the difference. I know they are made to go under the equipment or feet. I think Skip tried them on the equipment itself I think to see if it helped cut down on vibration the gear picks up and he heard a difference. When I asked him about it, he said he played around with the placement for quite a while and not just randomly placed.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I missed this thread...or forgot about it. As usual, good food, good friends, and good music. Good to see some folks and also to meet a few new people.

Three rooms and each one sounded fantastic. Although they will obviously sound good paired with other equipment, the Rosso/Norma pairing is something special. If my budget ever allows, I will probably look at getting a Norma integrated, but unfortunately for me, that's probably a while down the road.

I'm a college football fanatic and I try to go to all of my alma maters games (though I can usually only make about 2-3 per season because of work), so I only stayed a couple of hours before catching the 2nd half of the football game. I almost went back after the game, but decided to head home as I live a couple of hours away.

If you've never been to one of these get togethers, I highly recommend it, especially if you are somewhat local. Skip is a great host and they are a lot of fun.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • treitz3
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    If you've never been to one of these get togethers, I highly recommend it, especially if you are somewhat local.

Amen to that. Some of these folks become what you consider, "family"....and not in a West Virginia kind of way or even a "normal" kind of way. They are (or can become/have the potential to be) your brother from another mother.

At the very least, you will meet some nice folks who share the same hobby as you and meeting someone in person, well, it changes how you interact online.....'cause you actually know them and can associate a name/moniker with an actual face.

Tom

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    It was a great time. As always I enjoyed it throughly. And it made me start thinking about what might be next.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • treitz3
    True dat! LOL

Tom