Weather at Your House?

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited September 2022
    tonyb wrote: »
    rw5zvht2wj9l.png

You may laugh... but I remember when we bought our house in Milpitas, CA (1989), one of the pieces of advice we got was "make sure that the house is bolted to the foundation". Some, perhaps quite a few of them weren't -- which isn't a big problem... except when there's an earthquake. :/

... or, perhaps, a hurricane (or tsunami). Houses do float away. :( Sometimes with people inside.
  • Not such a bad idea; but heavy duty chains are required for the building on Mt. Washington's summit
    g5gz06zovo0l.png
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Praying for you @soundfreak1.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    edited September 2022
    Looks like we in Tampa bay dodged a big bullet so far anyway. We'll get some localized flooding and wind damage but we'll be ok. My prayers now go to those south of us they will get a butt kicking. Same path as Charlie but 3 times the size. Virtually CAT 5 at landfall. God bless them!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited September 2022
    @Mikey081057 is 20-30 miles from landfall as it is now. That could be scary
  • Tony M
    Praying for you @Mikey081057.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited September 2022
    I don't watch TV. Is Ft Lauderdale gonna be ok ? I texted the ex-wife & she never answered me cause I know she misses me & my speakers OR she is working :D . Hopeeveryone is safe & this goes by
    Randy/Maine
  • Lauderdale is on opposite coast but will be on right side of storm (worst place to be) but distance is good for them. They will get real wet and blown around but ok.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited September 2022
    Titusville upgraded to a Warning about an hour ago.....good thing they rolled the rocket back yesterday .we have had almost 8 inches of rain since yesterday.......
  • pitdogg2
    They were calling this morning for up to 24" of rain on the space coast area.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Wow. That crazy rainfall amounts. Hopefully everyone is checking in on others. Be safe yall
    Randy/Maine
  • Tony M
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    Titusville upgraded to a Warning about an hour ago.....good thing they rolled the rocket back yesterday .we have had almost 8 inches of rain since yesterday.......

Praying for you.
  • Tony M
    edited September 2022
    I'm seeing on the Weather Channel and another some of the most real intense videos of what it's like to experience the immense wind gusts that I've felt a few times before. But, I've only felt Cat. 3 or 4 levels, not a 5. A cat. 3 for almost 3 days was h**l. I've seen the interviews of people who stayed during some of the other Cat.4 and 5 hurricanes and it's easy to see they went through more h**l than we ever have. :'(

But it seems better camera set-ups are recording this monster. I saw a street where the surge/water level was already up to the vehicle's windshields. Total losses already. :s

I was just remembering. Most Hurricanes seem to come ashore at night. This is happening in the afternoon. That's why there's more clear videos being shown.

We're thinking it's going to come up to Wilm. NC too.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Just casually checking the radar...this storm seems to be moving super-slow. Be safe people!
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2022
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Just casually checking the radar...this storm seems to be moving super-slow. Be safe people!

This morning I believe they said 3-5 MPH, that is why the rainfall is going to stack up in areas.
    It's now approaching 10 MPH
  • At that speed it will take 20 + hours to cross florida.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Time to batten down the hatches!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Didn’t like that angle and knew rainfall was going to be worse than the wind affects

Been dealing with hurricanes for decades now dating back to Alicia when I lived in San Antonio which although 300mi inland brought torrential flooding

Been on the gulf coast for 30 years now and the 2 worst overall storms were tropical storm Allison and TS Harvey
    I lived on Galveston when Ike hit and moved inland 8 months later

Still in Galveston County

Good luck FL
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Power outages in Florida right now.

osn1ah2bdrzg.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
  • In Ohio and The Storm is Coming!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Kex
    Landfall in Cayo Costa, FL.

tth8qs78a972.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
  • NotaSuv
    Ian went ashore the same place that Charlie did....easy 20 plus inches of rain around us glad I got the trees trimmed as we have branches everywhere...starting to wind down alittle but the flash flooding is at its worse inland
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    That's to be expected....there is nowhere for the water to go right now.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • We in the Tampa bay area are very lucky. God bless those to my south and east, they are fubar.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • NotaSuv
    How about all those with electric cars that cant be charged and need to get out of Dodge...do they short out in deep water
  • NotaSuv
    DAMN its getting stronger not weaker.....:( WTF
  • Tony M
    edited September 2022
    Ian is huge. It's affecting us some now. The weather here has gotten darn gusty and dreary. Rain is predicted for the next few days of course.

My flag out front is now torn up. It was getting worn and I was trying to get a few more weeks out of it before replacing it. These kind of wind gusts will expose a week flag for sure. I usually buy 2 or 3 flags at a time from Harbor Frieght with their 20% off coupons. I might go out now and replace it. Then the new flag will "POP" with the gusts. It's now replaced.

I'm seeing the devastation down in Florida now. And it's still roaring.

Terrible. :'(
    Post edited by Tony M on
  • Kex
    Power outages in Florida stretching all the way across the state this morning.

4pkpcz7ftqnx.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!