Weather at Your House?

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    5bl8u9npadwf.png
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Almost the same here in SE. NC. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I got sweaty pecans
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited July 2022
    104 today. 100's all week till Friday, then it cools to 98 and back to 101 on Saturday.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I got sweaty pecans

My wife calls them walnuts....that's what happens when you get older
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Summers finally started to poke up here in the PNW. Mid 70s to low 80s and minimal rain in the forecast.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    With Fl in the cone weather should the big story here as we are well overdue for a storm or two....feels like today was over 100, maybe I waited too long to trim the live oaks.....
  • txcoastal1
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    With Fl in the cone weather should the big story here as we are well overdue for a storm or two....feels like today was over 100, maybe I waited too long to trim the live oaks.....

Stay safe and good luck.
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Chilly & windy today. Likely to get our first frost tonight.
    Mrs. H & I spent some quality time today harvesting basil, peppers, & 'maters. Now and again these things just have to be done. ;)

It was a pretty day, though.
    52378721267_54a2193c63_b.jpg

Heck, (north) eastern Canada is s'posed to get whacked with a hurricane. :#

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Cold and rainy here today 🥶🥶
  • Tony M
    edited September 2022
    Windy here in southeast NC. temp of 70 to 75 was so welcomed after what seemed like 2 months of 85* to 90*+.

I got out and did some grass cutting, car tire checks, and airing them all up again. They were all down just 3 psi this year. I guess when you don't drive, the tires don't lose much air. Then while dinner was heating up, My wife and I hung a sign above the door to the cottage.

Bought the 10" cast alum. letters for 25.00 off of FB marketplace. :o Painted them a fine glitter aluminum. The backboard paint matches the cottage's color. I'll probably frame the board with a white border to match the white door below it..

8hhh5r3pao44.jpg

9t6q9exlufjf.jpg

15f1g12y8ffx.jpg

Time to wash and wax the car and truck again too. ;)

• Nephew just left Chicago today for Orlando vacation, it's not going to be pretty for him this coming week.
  • pitdogg2
    A true Floridian experience 😜☺️☺️
  • Ya fun I'm ground zero!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • pitdogg2
    Looks like @Mikey081057 may be as well. I hope it misses both of you.
  • As it looks its heading right up our pitute.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • NotaSuv
    Looks like if you live in FL you will see a lil rain and wind....after watching the weather channel for a bit I had a hankering for some spaghetti...............................
  • Tony M
    The weather's still nice and breezy here.

Got my 2 cars and truck washed yesterday. ;)

Then today I waxed the truck cab, front bumper, and my car's top surfaces. My wife helped me towel off the wax residue. She was a big help for sure.

I'll probably wax the truck rims and bed tomorrow. I might get to wax the sides and bumpers of my car too. I'll have to go buy more wax if it's on sale.

I remember years ago I could wash and wax them both in a day. Only the sun going down was my challenge, not my energy.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Ac is off, furnace not yet on. Pool pump still circulating the water just in case we get some 20c plus days then I'll flip the heater on a day before. Nights are amazing for sleeping with windows opened. Biking is great as the bugs are pretty much done.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Oh man, I can't wait for the bugs to be gone. My windshield will once again be in heaven!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • NotaSuv
    last week was hopefullly the end of the love bugs for the year....now we just have Ian to worry about.....picked up sandbags yesterday and generator serviced today....this should be a fun ride...............
  • txcoastal1
    Good luck Floridians. The current track is a nasty angle effecting the entire west coast. 48hr turdfloater....yuck

Prayers

• Tony M
    Prayers sent to you people in Florida ( step-daughter lives in Tampa Bay ) and along the Gulf coast too.
  • I'm a 1 -1/2 miles from the gulf west of Tampa Bay. We are going to get one hell of a **** here.house faces south so its gonna be hitting full force at the front of my house. We are fortunate to have good double pane windows and a tall hedge to protect the front. In my block we drain well so hopefully no major flooding at least not in the home.ill try to post some picts when **** starts to fly.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Tony M
    I'm glad you're elevated. That's surely a great place to be during these events. I've seen the end of my street flooded by 3 or 4' of water from FRAN and BERTHA that hit 30 days apart. The ground was saturated big-time. I lost a HUGE loaded pecan tree because of those 2 hurricanes.

We'll be thinking of you.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Hoping for the best outcome for Floridians. Batten down the hatches!
  • NotaSuv
    Remember Charlie he split the state....amazing the Tampa area has not had a direct hit in 101 years....population has only increased 600% :)
  • NotaSuv
    Looking like the real deal is heading for the Sunshine state stay safe all might be a bumpy ride for some
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Be safe you southern Polksters. Storm is suppose to slow to a crawl too making it more dangerous.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable